Magical Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Magical Monday

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:02 pm

We're home from the hospital after dh's heart catherization. Good news/bad news I think. When the cardiologist started the cath he stated that yes, indeed, dh needed stents. BUT then they did an FFR
Fractional flow reserve (FFR) is a technique used in coronary catheterization to measure pressure differences across a coronary artery stenosis (narrowing, usually due to atherosclerosis) to determine the likelihood that the stenosis impedes oxygen delivery to the heart muscle (myocardial ischemia).
test. This resulted in them deciding to NOT put in stents at least for now. The bad news part of that is he was looking forward to not being as fatigued. Dr. thinks there's other underlying causes for the tiredness. And that could be nothing (nothing she says -ha!) more than him compensating for how bad his shoulder's been for over 2 years. He did stay extra long at the hospital as they use more blood thinners in doing this test. All this being said, it still bears watching as dh tends to have arteries suddenly collapse as a result of the extreme radiation he had back in the mid 60's. He's resting now. We were on the road at 4:50am and I am tired. Slept till 12 midnight, then was awake till 3:30. Next thing I knew the alarm was sounding at 4:00am. Froze while I was in there. Supposed to be up to 85 tomorrow and Wednesday, then back to the ice box.

I've picked up a little here but now I badly need a nap. Just wanted to check in.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:41 pm

((((Dee & DH))) I hope you both get some good quality and quantity rest now that your home again.

We have 3 sets of friends that received 8" of rain this morning. One of their homes has water inside because of the standing water that can't drain away fast as it came down. We have offered to help but there isn't much that can be done right now. We have only received a couple inches here so no problems. I put closing our swimming pool into pause mode until after this week of expected heavy rain.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:50 pm

Oh, (((Dee & Mr. Dee))) -- I'm so sorry things didn't go as well as planned! I hope this causes no more problems and things work out so y'all can head south as soon as you had planned.

I'm not going to share TMI right now, but I am experiencing some unusual digestive symptoms... I don't really feel sick... and this is all probably due to something I ate :? but... I am wondering what's up.

OTOH -- I actually have TA-DAs to share! It is not 3:00 pm and I have
* s2s & washed my hair, done Bible reading
* s/s all three toilets
* cleaned dh's shower
* brought the garbage can back from the road
* called allergy doctor for refills (which I will have to go pick up next week)

Dgrands will be here in less than 30 min and probably stay for 45 min or an hour... and then their ddad will come pick them up and probably stay for awhile and watch the ballgame with dh. DDIL is working and ds has to give a lesson at 3:30. After getting home this morning around 6:00 a.m. and keeping dgd all day. I should never complain about anything they do or don't do, b/c I know if I kept up the schedule they do, probably less than nothing would ever get done around here!

Skinny jeans are out??? Are you sure, LadyM??? OH HAPPY DAY!!! I was just telling dh last night that my black (dressy) pants are truly on their last leg -- no pun intended -- and I thought it would be VERY hard to replace them b/c all the pants are so tightly fitted now. You have given me HOPE!
Happy dance!!!
OTOH -- I am so sorry about your friends who are having water in the house. 8" of rain is a LOT! :o

So glad your trip went well, blessed!

And so glad church went well, Harmony! Time at the beach sounds so relaxing... I'm envious.
Oh -- I think we will get rain Wed & Thurs from the storm, but * HOPEFULLY * by Saturday it will all be blown away from us AND, more importantly, from College Town.

Also so glad to hear the tire situation worked out so well for dd, Twins! You must have really had a supply of magic to spread about this morning!

Waving to ALL!!!
Tomorrow is another day.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:19 pm

Picked up my sister from the airport fine and got back here fine. Rested watching a tv show for 90 minutes. Just sent the next driving instructions to my phone since we are going to my cousins for dinner. I've never driven there. Dh has always done the driving and Google is taking me a strange way so I'm assuming the road is closed for construction.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:22 pm

hello - I ordered my bulbs (late) but they are ordered from white flower farm - Yay!
I added it to my money spent list for wednesday

I am taking forever on things.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:28 pm

so happy your d sister is in town! have a wonderful time!!!

hi d lucy - I love seeing you during the day! hope you body doesn't cause you problems!
great job today! waving at you too!

hi d lady wow so much rain. praying it doesn't cause any more problems. cheering you on during your day

(((for your sweet dh and you dearest dee!)))) praying that his energy comes back and he starts feeling better! I am praying for him!

wishing everyone a lovely afternoon.

Still not focusing but I will continue.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:31 pm

Well, today has not been my most intelligent day.

Lunch was fun with DFriend. Then I gassed up the car which was on E and drove over to the bank. Sat in the drive through while talking with DGS on my phone and wondered why no one was waiting on me...and saw the sign in the window CLOSED FOR THE HOLIDAY. So I got some groceries and Rx and came home. Had to go out to the car in the rain because the umbrella I so carefully put next to me was still in the car. :roll:

Once home I brought in the mail I put out there this morning. Of course. It's a holiday!

Maybe tomorrow I will get my brain in gear better.

DGS was talking to me on his way home, out of the way of the storm. I don't blame him. His GF is closer to the shore and wasn't sure what she was doing yet. Our sky is perfectly grey and it's pretty breezy. Sure can tell there's something out there.

(Dee) get a good rest now.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:06 pm

I have done that d harmony!!! I took the container home one time :shock:

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:08 pm

I moved like a slug today. I did a surface home blessing, my luggage is put away and I have a load of laundry washing.
feeling guilty not take d mom out - we are going for dinner though.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:13 pm

Uhhhh. Harmony saved me from going out to check the mail just now.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”