TENACIOUS TUESDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

TENACIOUS TUESDAY

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:57 am

tending to keep a firm hold of something; clinging or adhering closely.
"a tenacious grip"
Sounds like a lot of us keeping a firm hold on our routines.

Thank you for wishing me a good night of rest, Harmony. I actually had exactly that. Now if I can only make it 2 nights in a row!

Dh has had his 'call' from the hospital's nurse. His one complaint this morning (though he never really complains) is his chest is quite sore. He's never had that after a catherization. She asked a lot of questions about that. Of course he never rates his pain above a 2 or 3 -he's very pain tolerant. So, will keep an eye on him. He gets to take a shower this afternoon and can take the main dressing off the insertion point (they went through his wrist again. That's all pretty new and such a difference. Used to always be through the groin and then nurses had to apply lots of pressure for hours and you'd lay flat on your back. Now it's in a pretty much sitting position). And you can usually go home within four hours after the procedure. Dh has always been kept overnight whether or not they put in stents. A lot has changed in the last 10 years. Even the cath lab seemed much less busy than we've always seen, though there were lots of people "coming and going".
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Re: TENACIOUS TUESDAY

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:52 am

Dee - Thank you for the start. I'm glad you got some much-needed rest. ((((Dee & DH))))

My day started before 5am. I was just DONE with sleeping. I tried talking myself into laying down again but had zero interest in it. I went to bed around 9pm so I got 7.5 hrs of sleep.

I'm being tenacious with doing SHE cards. I need them to keep up with stuff. When they are being used then my brain calms down and I know I haven't forgotten to take care of something.... with the exception of those things that don't have a card. LOL. I won't allow myself to add any more cards until I get caught up with the cards I already have. Weird. I know. But that is motivation for me.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:16 am

I definitely understand that motivation, LadyM. I've spent the last hour revamping our calendars and making sure I have everything written down. Discovered I had some things on our monthly 'to-do' calendar in the wrong dates -simply because we kept having to change things and I failed to make those changes on this particular calendar. Think I'm all okay now -at least I hope so. There's so much going on that I sure don't want to mess up on any dates/events/appointments. :?
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:26 am

Tenacious about decluttering Tues. This morning while looking for thread found some things to toss and other stuff to declutter, and blankets to put on the bed that I had moved also winter sweaters. Need to bring up the blanket. Did a bit of mending. We have rain. I will move a rose bush in a bit it is still not quite light out enough for that. I was tickled to see new grass sprouting yesterday yea!

I seemed up 2 blue baby blankets. Mended the dogs jean blanketearlier I missed a spot when I made it. Rotated summer clothes out and winter things in the suit cases they were in. Things w long sleeves hung up in the closet out items out that I am keeping. I need to look in another dresser for summer items.

Got the blanket upstairs in the bedroom for the tonight.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:28 am

that is me right now with my home! I am continuing to hold on and doing my routines even if things aren't working.

d dee so happy you had a good night sleep
praying your dh starts feeling better fast

good for you being tenacious with your cards d Lady!!!

cheering you on as you declutter and mend today d nancy!

wishing you and everyone a great day.

I woke at 6:25 and thought I was up for the day and I fell hard back to sleep. not restful but I just woke up - its 9:27 am
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:39 am

Good morning! I will have to be tenacious today, to get work done while feeling so miserable. If I had more sick leave, I would have taken the day off, but I don't think I am contagious. Almost forgot the gasoline last night and had to go out at 940. I did a lot of decluttering in the kitchen and a bit in the LR. The sewing room looks better than it has in a long time, thanks to the foster cat that gets in the attic. I had to shift many things to block the closet with the attic access. I also made a long list of things I need to do today, including managing the claim on the latest accident.

DD16 is at my house tonight and it is close to finals. I predict eating in or getting Arby's. She may want to hit the library with its unlimited internet.

A friend wants to bring her computer to the party for music. I keep having to explain to people that there is no possible way to stream music or video on any of my accounts. The problem is not the minimal monthly fee for the streaming, but the vastly more expensive monthly fee to upgrade my phone/internet service. No one gets this. I also don't have good computer speakers. (Why should I when it is not a music device?) I have an awesome stereo, but THAT IS IT!!! Once I had a parent expect to show her kids videos during the party, just because she had Netflix. Well, the computer is in the LR, right in the middle of the party and cannot be moved easily. Even if I had unlimited data, I am NOT setting up a video station smack dab in the middle of an adult party. People would get sucked in to even the lamest kids fare (I've seen it happen). Why do people assume that they can have video wherever they are? If your kids need that, bring self-contained devices or leave them at home, don't expect hosts to provide a home theater setup!

I'm getting stressed about the party. Because I was ill for half the weekend, I did not finish the costumes. I also have not done as much cleanup as I planned. I am so glad I do not have to drive carpool today or tomorrow. I should be able to get work done undisturbed today - no one will want to be around someone who sounds as bad as I do.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:06 am

hello d elilzabeth
praying that you feel better!!! Your party always turns out nice - you have got this! breath and it will be great.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:08 am

today is a timer day for me
pulling routines - ready set go... 8-)

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:31 pm

I think I am more crabby than tenacious ;) 8-)
heading to lunch with dh as he asked me - so sweet but not the healthiest place. he loves this place - the people are nice!

see you soon.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:08 pm

I checked my to do list for the day. It is not nearly as bad as it looked last night when I felt worse. I was very worried about forgetting something. Two items are actually done. One was a party invitation to someone I just got the email for. My insurance company called me to tell me the rental company is not pursuing the windshield damage because it was an expansion of existing damage. While I had them on the line, I opened the new claim on Saturday's collision.

The main thing on my list is to get the materials and do DD16's costume. If I run out of time, I can pin things instead of sewing. So I have errands to the hardware store and the fabric store, costume assembly of mine and DD's. (Mine just needs to attach temporarily some flowers to a hat I already have). Groceries if time, but not critical. I need to make my party shopping list and existing item inventory. I have enough paper plates and plasticware to supply an army. Probably cups too.

Return to “Post When You Can”