Make your own Wednesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Make your own Wednesday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:33 am

I was thinking of working but I know Kathryn is at a funeral today. Wet would suffice for Harmony and Sunny, and me.

What kind of Wednesday do you need? Working, Wet, Willpower, Whimsical, Worthwhile! You choose!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: Make your own Wednesday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:41 am

I'm off to get body work and then groceries. I also have some errands to run today but I'm not very organized. I've spent two days immersed in writing my kinship determination report. Almost done with an early draft but can't stay on it, need to do other things sometime!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:24 am

Willpower would work for me today! I'm finally at my 'low' point in weight in months. Hopefully I can keep it going. Willpower! Yes, that's my mantra for today.

Had church council last night. Can I say how much I hate driving after dark? Drove 35-40 all the way home and even then I was 'seeing' deer in the shadows.

Got up at 4:20 for a potty break and went back to sleep so a pretty good night's sleep. Got up again just before 7 and took myn T-med. Crawled into the recliner mainly so dh could use the bed for his exercise. Went back to sleep until almost 9. Think I'm catching up on some much needed sleep. Dh had decided he was going to try doing his exercises starting again today (for his shoulder). Heard him start but not finish. He even took out the trash and the trash can always makes a noise when it's opened.

He's been quite busy with his helper with winterizations. They're coming fast and furious now.

One more nice day and then we're off to fall weather. If things go well we should be leaving here in about 20-21 days. Hopefully (not just for us but for everyone) there's not much damage from Michael. Been texting with our dnephew in Crawfordville, FL and he thinks they'll be ok -at least they've done as much prep as they can, including taking down a questionable tree.

Think I've decided to do 10-minute rounds this morning -in a few. First up will be our bedroom.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:33 am

Morning...

I am watching the storm with my fingers crossed. I have a dear friend who lives directly in the middle of the strike zone...6 miles from the beach... and of yesterday refused to leave. She’s lived either on the Fl Atlantic side or the Gulf, including Mobile and thinks there’s nothing to fear. Her daughter has asked her to come to her, she lives in Atlanta, but as far as I know my friend hasn’t left yet.

I understand my friends decision even though I don’t agree with her. She is absolutely fearless. At age 16 she was kidnapped, held hostage for three days and repeatedly gang raped. Completely naked she was able to escape and found help. She became pregnant and gave her baby up for adoption. After that experience nothing scared her and she has had a remarkable life living fearlessly. I just hope she’s right this time.

I spent most of last week on my couch in pain. I am doing something different and have been feeling better today. Hope to work on the house today and do some catch up stuff.

Perry is on and Sweetie has joined me. My second cup is ready... decaf btw...and I’m gonna be slow and easy today.

Waving to y’all :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:36 am

I am up have been fixated on twc news might need to turn it off to get anything done. Open house Sun. I need to do something. Like dust the bedrooms and morning pupa and routines. Journal entry made, I have a plan. Thinking of Harriet and others in the South in the storm states. After it clears we have Sun in the forecast for a week. I did not mop yesterday bc of the rain. So I can do that today as we do not have rain. Changed out short sleeved shirts for long sleeved ones in one dresser need to put away in the other one. Floors upstairs are done. Yea! Eggs are peeled. Had lunch. Walked the dog.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:46 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:48 am

Good morning everyone! I am still not completely well, but am improving. If I can keep this out of my chest, I will be ok. If not, antibiotics are inevitable. My kitchen is beautiful, with all food prep counters decluttered and sparkly, along with the eating table. A bit of stuff was done in passing in the LR and MBR. Best of all, I thought about a computer jigsaw and decided I would rather not stay up too late. There is still, of course, more work. In honor of anti-procrastination day, I will work on the LR tonight, organizing and decluttering the rampant sewing projects. Scrubbing stove, microwave, bathrooms and sweeping and mopping will be done the week preceding the party. DD16 told me she asked one of her school friends to come at 4:00 on party day and she will help with the decorating and set up.

Today will be worthwhile, with the animal org board meeting and working with the LR cleanup. The org got a very nice anonymous donation that will get us out of the shortfall we have experienced this year.

I have suggested to the x that he download the information from the insurance company onto my computer in my presence. I will print off two copies and we can sign them. I cannot accept an easily modified spreadsheet that has obviously been modified as "proof" of expenses. A download in my presence will allow me to double check the honesty and data entry skills of the x and the other woman. If he insists on using an undocumented spreadsheet, I will have to seek legal advice. I doubt a lawyer would advise me to pay any undocumented expenses. He should be able to produce the receipts, they will be required for his taxes. Funny thing is, when DD buys something that I pay for and she wants to come from her allowance, I always give the x the receipt. And we are talking generally < $20. He expects me to fork over $1300 with no proof?

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:58 am

I need to make good decisions so I'm seeking this to be Wisdom Wednesday for me. DS10 is pushing all my buttons today but so far I have managed to respond in wise ways. Some days are harder than others and today is a challenge.

A couple days ago I went through DS10 closet and removed the summer clothes that he has outgrown and had him try on all his winter clothes from last year. We found several nice winter tops for him at Sam's so that made for easy shopping. He has plenty of winter tops now. He also has several pair of sweat type pants that fit him. He has requested to wear shorts all winter. My answer is no. So that means he needs some jeans or long pants. Finding jeans to fit him is always a HUGE challenge. We are going to go shopping at the mall for an hour today before going to band class. I am hopeful. Of course, once we find jeans he is going to want boots. Normally I would be all for that but he feet are growing so fast that I hesitate. If we buy boots today then they probably won't fit him by Thanksgiving. decisions....decisions. But I don't want to get ahead of myself. If we can just find him long pants/jeans to fit him today then I will be thrilled.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:26 pm

I went to a french class but got a ticket - :roll: for getting a ticket and :D for the class.

hi lady. I love the idea of wisdom Wednesday! Yes some days are harder than others. praying for a good afternoon! sending it to you Now!
hi d elizabeth I am happy you are slowly improving! your kitchen looks beautiful! that sounds fair re: bills.

d nancy - you have a plan - that is great! have a great day!
hi d rose! praying for your d friends staying away from the hurricane
what your d friend went through ((())) praying she is safe in the storm
praying the pain you have goes away

Willpower sent your way d dee!!! I might do 10 minute/or 15 minutes with you!

hello d twins! wishing you a good day.

I am thinking of the word - welcoming for my home. I want it welcoming and homey.

I am at a loss where to start but I will pull my routines. My d brothers present came in which is good. I am struggling with my ADD.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:05 pm

Looks like the animal org board meeting is cancelled due to nothing on the agenda. We are just keeping on keeping on. The things decided at the last meeting are on track and being taken care of. The only thing we need to get done is a thank you card to the anonymous donor, which we are doing at the regular adoption clinics on Saturday. Bit of a relief, because I can concentrate on LR party prep. The technique that worked in the kitchen is to focus strictly on one item for 15 minutes, e.g. a single counter top. Sometimes it took less time, so the extra was used in fast work in other sections, like consolidating all magazines in one place. (Note to self: no more magazines!)

Still have not heard from the x. He is going to look ridiculous if he tries to pursue this legally. The first thing any lawyer will say is give me the receipts so I can include documentation with a letter. Any judge will also ask for actual proof of expenses too.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:49 pm

Blessed - OhNo! about the ticket! Glad you had a good French class though!

Shopping Success! We returned to the place that carries husky sizes. I had DS10 try on 5 sizes before we found DS10 correct size of jeans. I also found him dress pants that fit him so got them. DS10 has multiple events needing dress clothes in November & December. I hope hope hope those dress pants still fit him in 2 months. He is at the biggest husky size for boys so I don't know where to go to buy clothes when he outgrows these. We did have a Bonus shopping experience when we found DS10 a nice winter coat that he absolutely fell in love with. In his words "It is nice to have clothes that make you feel good." I agree! After having so much success at the mall, I was feeling confident & hopeful so stopped by the western store. A woman with 45 years of experience fitting boots helped us select some boots for DS10. She showed us how to take out the insoles and replace them with different insoles if his foot outgrows the boot before December. That will give him a small amount of extra foot room. ANYway….bottom line…..DS10 now has winter clothes, shoes, boots and coat……unless his growth rate continue and he outgrows them all in the next couple of months.

DGD7 had a good day at school. I fed her an after-school snack and visited then she did her homework. DGD7 is such an easy child. All I need to do is ask if she has any homework and she instantly gets started on it. No help needed from me. I just need to check it and then initial the paper the teacher sends home confirming that DGD7 did her homework.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”