Fantastic Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Fantastic Friday

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:44 pm

We are having an absolutely fantastic Friday here. DSIL came through the surgery that was considered impossible 6 months ago. The surgery took longer than expected because of an additional problem they didn't know about until they got in there. But it all worked out okay.

Homeschool Day #58 went well. DS10 hasn't hit 100% yet on his multiplication facts but he is very close to making it. We are doing a little celebrating this afternoon. He requested to see the First Man movie a couple months ago. The movie is being shown here now so we are going to go watch it this afternoon. I am already making mental plans where I will sit in the theatre. I really don't like being in a dark room with a bunch of strangers. But I'll deal with it while reminding myself it is only for a couple hours...and probably make several trips to the bathroom during the movie just to get out of the room for a few minutes break.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:56 pm

WTG, LadyM’s ds! Enjoy the movie! (((Hugs))), LadyM.
BTW — trivia — the movie is based on a book written by an Auburn University professor.

I apologize to you ladies — I said I had no edge, but I DO have an edge by having you ladies, and all the insights and support y’all have given me!
I may still lack self-discipline, but it is not for lack of knowledge.

Off to College Town...
Tomorrow is another day.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:32 pm

And I'm done. Why in the world does it take me so long to get back to it?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:29 pm

Twins: because you are a SHE. Don't worry, we all share your joy at being finished and understand your need to put it off until the last moment.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:31 pm

I'm up. Never managed to sleep. At least I don't think I slept. I cough when I lie down but I was too tired to sit up so put up with relaxing between coughing fits. Watched the last episode, series finale, of Nashville. So there was additional nose blowing. Glad I watched it today and not on the plane yesterday!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:18 pm

I got the outdoor kitchen cleaned with the nice weather a bbq sounds good. Dusted the china hutch off. Unloaded the dishwasher.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:20 pm

Got the report completed and uploaded and have notified the users! I have also scheduled the estimate on the car for the latest accident. I made sure to clarify at the beginning of the call that I was not calling back as a disatisified customer, which is usually what it means to get further repairs within a month. In fact, the new work will be on the opposite corner of the car. I am getting coughing fits. The person I probably caught this from had them and had to get a codeine based cough syrup. I hope I don't end up needing a prescription. It's making my chest hurt,

I have 5 minutes until carpool leaves. I don't think I will get much of significance done, so I came here.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:12 pm

Home from the movie and eating out. I was totally caught by surprise in that I didn't mind being in the dark theatre. There were only 6 people in the entire theatre and 4 of those 6 were us (DH, myself, DS10 and DGD7). So it isn't claustrophobic (enclosed spaces) that bother me but it seems I don't like to share my personal space with crowds. Note to self.....DGD7 is not a movie person. She hated the loud noise so covered her ears and curled up into a ball. She slept through most of the movie.

DSon just texted asking my plans for tomorrow. They are discussing making a quick trip home. Probably one of those drives 12 hours to visit 12 hours type of weekend trips. We will see what they decide to do.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:18 pm

LOL, Kathryn! You guys really do get it. So glad I have you!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:31 pm

Quote Twins' Mom
Post by Twins' Mom » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:32 pm
And I'm done. Why in the world does it take me so long to get back to it?

Quote Kathryn-in-Canada
Post by Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:29 pm
Twins: because you are a SHE. Don't worry, we all share your joy at being finished and understand your need to put it off until the last moment.

Post by Twins' Mom » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:18 pm
LOL, Kathryn! You guys really do get it. So glad I have you!
Oh, I love, love, love it! :lol: :lol: We're all so "SHE"! :lol:
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Return to “Post When You Can”