Sunday Stratagedy

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Lynlee

Re: Sunday Stratagedy

Postby Lynlee » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:29 pm

hugs all.

Locally rainfall totals for last 4 days is 10 - 19 inches.
I'm hoping to get to yoga today.
The next downturn in the weather is Wednesday. again. :?
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:47 pm

eating veges cooked in with my 'seed porridge'

Lynlee, you do so beautifully on eating for nutrition.

Today has been so busy, so hurried. I am so glad to have gotten home at 7:30 or so and put on my old, softest jeans (which I made sure to put through laundry and drip-dry yesterday just knowing I would feel this way tonight).

Whoops, company coming though door again...

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:00 pm

I consider the open house a success three couples came, two wanted a shop /garage, the other wanted basement bedroom and 2 full bathrooms upstairs. Well that is not going to happen other homes that have offers all have shops or garages or room for a big shop. Realtor said the new light and faucet looked good.

We went to the pond I was able to walk the dog, did a store run, and used my 40 % off coupon @Joann's got a planner to tweak for my spiritual journey planner.

Got chicken to cook up ahead in the crock pot, I wasn't to do my low carb bbq sauce on it. We did not like the l rest batch from the store the seasonings were not our favorites.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:53 pm

I am just now beginning to relax from the day's activities. We started off this morning with breakfast at 8:30, then we watched online church services. I had done the heavy cleaning yesterday; floors swept and mopped, furniture dusted, bathrooms cleaned etc. After I cleaned up the kitchen and made the bed and straightened up the bedroom I cleaned the bathroom mirrors and dusted the mini blinds.

Then we waited for dh's dfriend to come. While I was talking with dsis, dh's friend called him to say he was on his way. He arrived about 1:30 and we spent almost an hour talking. We went to Cracker Barrel for a late lunch and then came back home for more visiting. Dh and dfriend had a wonderful time catching up and reminiscing when they were young and in school together. They want to make sure they stay in contact now; it has been 50 years since they last met and they spoke only a few times on the phone in the last few years. When dfriend left to go home it was almost dark at 7:30 pm. I am hoping for a safe trip to Lakeland for him.

Neither dh nor I was hungry, so we had some biscuits and jelly and applesauce for a light supper.

I am going to put on my pjs and relax for a little while before turning out the lights. Have a good evening everyone.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:06 pm

I wasn't well enough to stay up today so went back to bed and slept until dh woke me at 2. He thought we could make it to the drop-in party in the village, to Costco and then to dd's in 2 hours. Given driving time was 80 minutes, and another 15 for me to get out the door, I said that wasn't happening.

So we got off to dd's early and the huge lineup at Costco didn't bother us because we weren't in a rush.

We had an hour-long play with dgs before dinner and another hour after dinner. He is lots of fun these days because he has so much vocabulary. And logic. Some things are mixed up. Anything that has already happened, happened 'yesterday' so he was talking about the taxi Daddy took yesterday (he left at 3:30 today on a business trip.) We were talking about dh going on a plane tomorrow and ds said, "Buppa go on two airplanes" so that was corrected to three (may as well tell the truth, but the kid already understood that one seldom takes a single plane anywhere from this city!)

He has started to say "sure" instead of 'yes' (which he still won't say unless you insist, he just grunts "huh" for yes.) For some reason 'sure' sounds hilarious to me sometimes.

Dd is going to let me have him for overnight on Thursday. I was to just babysit there for a couple of hours (she has a meeting) but if he's here I don't have to drive at night, and we can test run an overnight here (he's never slept here.) This is a practice run for the night they are out at a Fleetwood Mac concert. They didn't put our expected babysitting on the calendar and now I have a house guest that week, with the concert night the final night of the stay. I obviously can't have a crying child at our home with a guest so the plan was for me to sleep at dd's but then I'm not there for my guest in the morning and they can't have a nice romantic night and sleep in.

So step one, see if the kid will sleep at my place. Dd wasn't sure because he hasn't been sleeping well in the pack-N-plays but I pointed out I intended to put him on the air mattress on the floor so I could lie down with him while he goes to sleep. She's worried about his falling off onto the floor so asked me to put our exercise mats around it, but aside from that, she thinks it might work. I'm nervous as all get-out about having the energy to handle him on my own for about 16 hours, but it has to be tried. After all, he should be sleeping 10 hours of that time, which makes it more manageable. And I'm OK with sleeping when he sleeps!

We got home by 7:30 including a stop to pick up the ingredients for my dinner tomorrow night.

Dh reported that his blue tooth keyboard failed and so we put in an A-river order. I was reading something to him when he realized the problem (it had connected with his phone, not computer) so the order was cancelled in time. Except it include 3 items I really wanted but couldn't get free shipping on. So he added in a touch lite adapter and put the order in for me. I was $3 short for free shipping but could not think of a thing to get.

I need more shoes since the ones I bought last weekend were perfect. My cousin said to buy more while I know what I need. Online they are $200 - $400 a pair (due to rarity) so I'll have to see if the store can order in more for me (they were $120 at the store.) Some things just can't be ordered online and these shoes are one of those items (I tried 5 online shoe retailers that carried them but none carried them for a reasonable price in my size.)

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:41 pm

That was the young man, with food. Appreciated. He sat with us and watched some tv after having been out with his college roommate to theater. He gave a good review of new movie Bad Times at the El Royal - for HRH. So, maybe not for the rest of the world, who may not like "horribly tense stand-offs", as much as they do, lol.

Honestly, my house on a Sunday, though :roll: visitors, visitors. So being "obligated" to attend the evening study at church is difficult. One thing for sure - it stops me feeling as though I "should" do anything else at church the rest of the week.

HRH's uncle is in hospital, too, so that means lots of phone calls and worry.

I don't change clothes until I'm truly through with church and company on Sundays, and can end up feeling uncomfortable. Used to make a point to nap but that's certainly changed.

Prep for tomorrow's Dailies is done - I like when I'm that close to normalcy! :idea:

Tomorrow also should include church Desk Day and hopefully get that out of the way early in the week.

Have a new quilt block drafted, so that may be a nice diversion/treat.

Return to “Post When You Can”