Monday Multiple Tactics

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Monday Multiple Tactics

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:35 pm

Blessed: I also have a cold right now so I'm congested. I can't tell what's making me feel so bad today. Following a recipe is one of the things that causes issues, and then I had the big rush to get showered so couldn't move slowly. Those might have combined to make me off-balance. There's also a poor nutrition thing happening too.

I took time to have an apple and 2 glasses of water and am feeling a little better. Then I started coughing again so have switched to decaf tea. There's a glass of water by me here so that's a reminder to keep drinking.

The water appears to be back on in the apartment. Dh started to run water into the sink without thinking and some came out of the tap, although lower volume than usual. Then ds showed up with laundry to do. We've run the first load and all seems to be fine. That's in the dryer and fed the second load in.

Poor guy only had 3 hours of sleep. He had a required meeting today at 2. Asking someone who didn't get off shift until 7:30 to come back for 2 is unconscionable to my way of thinking. And he'll only get 2 hours of pay for it even though he gave up his sleep for the day.

He is trying to book a building inspector and septic. One guy could do both but isn't home until Monday and the deadline to clear conditions is Tuesday so he's going with someone else that was recommended to him. That person has some names to recommend for the septic inspection and will come out on Friday to do the building inspection. The two inspections are over $1000 so ds stopped by the bank to transfer money into his chequing account to pay for this sort of thing.

He actually got the house for cheaper than he told me. He had told the agent his offer was $210K (and texted that to me after the real estate agent said he had the house.) When the agent couldn't get the tankless water heater settled, he countered with $208,500 so ds has to deal with getting out of the rental. The seller agreed. Getting out of the rental could be as little as $275 or as much as $1000. Either way, ds is ecstatic that his agent did so well in the negotiating. And the agent is getting the water test done so ds doesn't have to do that.

This is all very exciting for me, although I will say I didn't sleep well Saturday night because I was worried for ds.

That's something else that is messing with my head right now.

I'm going to take a 30 minute break and then try to write a sermon.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:56 pm

do feel better sweet kathryn!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:58 pm

it took 20 minutes for home blessing in the dining room - the dogs have been awfully busy shedding and I have not been vacuuming each day like I was supposed. It is done.
Next front hall.
3:00 make dinner

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:04 pm

hello pandora!

hello d lady it sounds like you had a busy busy weekend and those normal noises of home had become part of the busy-ness (spelling is wrong).
yay on your cards!!!

yes d b is sweet - they are drainers!!!
yay on finishing the last round faster than you thought it would take! lol re: rabbits - I think my home keeps filling up with them. :lol:

thank you d harriet. d dog is better but won't leave my side.
yay on your dailies being done all the way through laundry - rah rah rah

hi d nancy yay on you getting your sheets washed. have a good day!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:07 pm

Next is doing the home blessing in the front hall. I really don't want to do it. I got my bulbs in from white french farm and I really want to do that instead. I will be gone all morning tomorrow for d mom, all day wednesday for french and d mom dr. I feel i should finish my home blessing because I will fall behind if I don't. Is it worth it? No.

Front hall/stairs - I don't don't don't want to do you but here I come. timer on for 15 minutes to include put away.

wishing you all a wonderful day!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:30 pm

I am done with the deviled eggs beds are made up again now. Chicken is cooking in the crock pot. I walked the dog. One more load of Laundry to fold and put away in a bit.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:12 pm

At least I got my mind off the deal last night. DD and I talked also and I know that the temple leadership recognizes it's a no win situation. They have to support it or look bad in the community. It's really more of an issue with this particular group and how they feel they speak for all Jews.

I'm also feeling really discouraged about writing my portfolio. I was going strong last week but realized I really couldn't in good conscience write the case study I was considering because I can't use the same person I used in my kinship report. So I've gone back and forth between the two, keep the case study and ditch the kinship report (but the kinship report is a great story to tell!) or vice versa. I think I probably need to keep the kinship report with the great story and find another case study but that means a lot more research on something.

So feeling discouraged...
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:24 pm

I want your energy d nancy!!! well done.

hi d twins - totally understand that dynamic - where a group feels they speak for the whole in faith.
praying you find what will work out best for you on that project
maybe take a break with tea. I am sending you fresh way to look at this.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:26 pm

front hall, stairs, powder room home blessing done.

Now for the family room... yuck 8-) ;)

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:08 pm

Norma has made it here safely to AZ. They have been here a week. Mr Guy had the cable and internet man to their home either Friday or the weekend. Can’t remeber when, so she should be here reading abt the village.

Harriet thanks for the well wishes. Haven’t heard anything back yet but figure it will take awhile. They have rescheduled my Bravo test till next week since my dr is the only one that does the procedure, but the screws up the bother test date because it has to be ten days after the bravo test. And now my drs appointment needs to be moved as well. Just told the y’all to get everything lined up including all the appointment dates before she calls me.

Told her this has been dragging on for over three months and they need to take care of me cause I’m the one who’s the patient and in pain. Asked her nicely to advocate for me since this has been going on for way too long.

Sweetie and I took Willis and went on a 2.5 mile hike this morning...now I’m off to the grocery store ... later
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Return to “Post When You Can”