Monday Multiple Tactics

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Elizabeth

Re: Monday Multiple Tactics

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:26 pm

Hi everyone! DD16's costume is assembled except hairpiece and spiders. Party inventory is complete (I will never have to buy cups or plasticware again in my life). Grocery list is assembled so I can do purchasing tonight. Bills and budget dealt with. My stove is beautiful, as is the kitchen floor and DD's room. Today, I got an estimate on the work needed on my car after last week's accident. I have also put a call in to my financial person about setting up an escrow account for the medical expenses that my x claims I owe, but will not provide proof for. I probably have bronchitis and have make a doctor's appointment tomorrow morning.

I am in Halloween countdown mode. This evening is party shopping - groceries, dollar store, and pharmacy. The latter is where I have seen a bun maker for DD's hair. Then it is time to do the living room: pupa, dust, mop, and figure out where to put the in-the-way table (outdoors during the party?). I also need to assemble a hat and find the shoes for my costume.

My tactic today will be simply keep moving.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:31 pm

Wooziness is gone for now at least. Hopefully it will stay away.

I napped for about 40 minutes.

Time to try this dinner I cooked.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:34 pm

Marathon check in -
I did say I would have marathon-ing for a tactic today, and I did. After several straight hours, the church Desk Day is finished through to a ready set of monthly reports. Just one tech question for HRH when he comes through (what would I do without the guru) and I will literally be able to hit "send" on the 15th of the month. In a way, I know I may regret getting setting the precedent of early reports, especially since end-of-year will be a bear, of course, but it's just so good to have an OffMyMind. Creativity is my reward and I want it BAD - famished.

(And then Elizabeth comes in, talking about creativity! Now I'm starving ... ... ;) )

BTW, anyone doing imaginative seasonal costuming, let us hear (or maybe see) in Arts Crafts and Needlework so we can all enjoy the delight.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:08 pm

my home blessing and laundry put away is done.

hi d harriet yay on your work and Yay that you have creativity as your reward!!! lovely
so happy the woozy feeling is gone d kathryn
hi d elizabeth wonderful - costume, kitchen and all you have done and do!
hi d rose how nice that you had a lovely walk!

I thought I would get the bulbs planted but tomorrow will be 55 in the afternoon. we have frost tonight. :D
it is always a joy to be here with you!

SHEsPandora

Postby SHEsPandora » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:24 pm

Ramblinrose wrote:Norma has made it here safely to AZ. They have been here a week. Mr Guy had the cable and internet man to their home either Friday or the weekend. Can’t remeber when, so she should be here reading abt the village.

Thank you Ramblinrose! I'm happy to hear they arrived safely. Hopefully, she will be able to post.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:25 pm

I really need to take a photo of the challah cover that I wove on Saturday to show off for Harriet. This was a 4 hour weaving class to make a 16 x 20 challah cover - the challah is covered while saying the other blessings on Shabbat. My weaving was almost square, about 15 x 15 because I ran out of time, and because I was pulling the tension more tightly to make it narrower than 16 inches. They had four colors to choose from, and several patterns if we wanted a pattern. I chose white and a dark royal blue, my pattern isn't symmetrical because I ran out of time, but the weaving and texture and is lovely and soft.

I need to get off my franny and get moving for a bit. At 6:30 I'll set a timer and get going for 30 minutes. Lather, rinse, repeat. I need to straighten up MBR, water plants, refill meds etc. Dh is bowling this evening. I'll have some leftover grilled chicken in a wrap.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:49 pm

Food weaving is my favorite. I was mesermized watching the gal make pretzels at subway, I tried when I worked at a bakery they are not easy to make. Crock pot chicken is done house smells great. I drained the front yard hose. Got the other plants watered. Dryer is done still need to fold and put away that load started a yarn project.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:08 pm

Ack! I went ahead and walked ddog because it looked like rain moving in and we got wet! I dried her off and changed into my pajamas and I am going to do another round at 7:30.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:21 pm

I'm getting depressed at how little I've done today.

Dinner was edible. I will freeze the remainder for another night and then never make this recipe again.

Ds came back for his laundry and stayed for a couple of hours. I had woken up from my nap by then. He was going out for dinner so I ate while he folded his laundry.

I've made lots of notes for the sermon so I think I have enough for that but no energy to write it tonight. I think I will remake the bed with clean sheets now since I didn't get that done this morning due to being too dizzy.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:40 pm

it's okay - I know it's frustrating - but you have been up and doing things. Your body just needs some time.

d twins - glad you got into dry pjs. enjoy the evening.

sweet dreams all

I can't believe I just ate ice cream!
I swore I wouldn't
grumble
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”