Monday Multiple Tactics

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Monday Multiple Tactics

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:35 am

Yesterday we considered our strategy. We need tactics in order to achieve them.

Tactics = Means by which a strategy is carried out; planned and ad hoc activities meant to deal with the demands of the moment and to move from one milestone to other in pursuit of the overall goal(s).
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Re: Monday Multiple Tactics

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:43 am

DD came and got DGD7 this morning before 7am to spend some time together before taking her to school. We will pick DGD7 up from school this afternoon.

DS10 asked me when his speech competition is this week. EEEk! How did I miss putting that on the calendar? So I need to shuffle things around. He is giving a demonstration speech so there is much to prepare. Learning how to prepare is a huge part of giving a speech.
1. Know what you want.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:00 am

The Harmony home is on our minds today, for sure. Many warm thoughts.

Good luck to ds10, LadyM! Hope he has fun with it.

Lynlee
, that is so much rain. You are as waterlogged as we are here. It just makes one feel sleepy, too, I think, when it's overcast and the rains make the air and ground "heavy". lol

Multiple tactics for me today include
pre-planning for upcoming cards (trash day especially needs prep this wk)
marathon-ing when helpful, for OnMM to OffMM (vacuuming, church Desk Day)
giving myself breaks (sewing)

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:22 am

I've been thinking of Harmony as well.

Mad scramble Monday for me.

I slept in until 7:40 and then got out of bed past 8. I'm woozy today so slow moving.

I'm finally making the alternate style shepherd's pie crock pot recipe I found so started with making up the squash mash to go on top while having my tea. I microwave the squash so do it half at a time. First half done and scooped into the mashing bowl, went to wash the plate and I remembered....

No Water Today!

The water was to be shut off at 9 and it was 8:52. I ran to the shower, dh started filling buckets and jugs, and I managed to get out of the shower while there was still water. I filled the sink with water to do the dishes (didn't do them yesterday...) and then went back to tidy up the bathroom and wipe down my shower walls. The water was off by the time I went to clean my mouth guard so that's half done (scrubbed, not rinsed, no biggie.)

The second half of the squash is beeping now so I'll start in on that and cooking the ground chicken. Very slowly as I'm still very unsteady on my feet.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:47 am

Keep getting better, Kathryn.

Harmony's definitely in my thoughts today. Been there/done that too many times and know the angst she's under. She mentioned the temp at the hospital as meat cooler temp -oh she is so right there!

Had lab work done this morning. Gal was superb -first stick and I never felt it. I always have a difficult time. Bless her for being such a good tech!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:29 am

HI d old dog is not doing well so I shall see what today brings.

Harmony lots of love!
hi d harriet
hi d kathrn
hi d lady
hi d lynn
hi d dee
hi d EVERYONE!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:01 am

D old dog finally got herself up. I couldn't get her to walk earlier :cry:
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:03 am

DD was to have brought my car back at 9:30 so I just texted her and she forgot, so she'll be here soon. I am in recovery from such a social weekend. Last night we were out for dinner and then a presentation from a Holocaust survivor (89 years old and going strong) last night. It was an important presentation but I'm letting the politics of the Jewish community bother me. They tried to give the illusion of a united Jewish community yet the welcome was the orthodox rabbi, a second welcome was from his congregation, and then they had a politician with whom most of Jewish audience would disagree speak also - and he's up for re election right now. I really really dislike the situation; am considering an email to president and rabbi of our congregation and the exec director of the Jewish federation. I know they are well aware of the situation we were placed in. Dd went to the VIP event as a representation of the congregation since our rabbi was away. (The politician actually came up to dh and told him that "he had had dinner with dh's daughter." I was keeping my head down because I probably wouldn't have been nice.) :lol: :lol: :lol:

As usual I'm getting a late start today.

I wrote this earlier before dd came by and we went after her car. I also went to the drugstore to pick up scripts. I need to ck to see if dh picked up his laundry before I go after it.

Thinking of so many of us....Kathryn, Harmony and her dh, and bw2's sweet old dog.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:14 am

When I went to add the speech contest to the calendar I discovered I already had it on the calendar. DS10 was mixed up about the date. *Relief* It is next Monday, not today.

(((Harmony & DH))) are on my mind today.

Homeschool day #59 is underway. It is off to a good start.
1. Know what you want.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:44 am

Morning...

My thoughts are with Harmony and her husband as well.

My morning has been scrambling like Kathryn’s. Dr office just called and wants to reschedule my Bravo capsule and colonoscopy procedure. No problem except that will mess with the nose tube thing because it must be done at least 10 after the capsule. The gal I spoke with was nice but I explained I was the one in pain and need these tests done ASAP and didn’t want to put it off. She asked if I cared if a different dr within the group did the test.. I said I didn’t care so now I am waiting to hear back to her.

Phew, what a way to start the morning, and I haven even had my second cup of coffee.

Twins I hate when religion gets mixed with politics. Awhile back I was going to a church I liked until my priest started preaching politics from the pulpit. It was prior to a major election and annoyed me enough that I stopped going to the church. Problem was the church was in my neighborhood and the priest and his family were friends... I’m Episcopal btw so our priest can be married.

The priest’s wife, a friend of mine, asked why I hadn’t been to church for awhile and I told her the truth. Turns out I wasn’t the only one who disagreed with preaching politics cause others had left as well. Lessons learned on his part I hope.

It rained some yesterday and it is expected to rain tonight and tomorrow.... you know the saying... with the showers come the flowers .... well if that is the case the spring’s desert wild flowers should be spectacular this coming year. Happy cause my friend who is moving to this area loves to hike. That means I’ll be able to share the wonders of the desert in the spring with her.

Off to finally get my second cup of coffee. I had planned to do some grocery shopping, but now I need to wait around till the drs office calls. Waving to y’all...
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Return to “Post When You Can”