TUESDAY TRUMPS MONDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: TUESDAY TRUMPS MONDAY

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:18 pm

:? :( Well, we have heat! Dh finally called another RV contractor, knowing it would be more expensive (but we were both freezing this morning with 3 electric heaters going). $418.27 later, we have heat. All this for a $5 part. And it took quite a bit of doing to be able to remove the furnace from the RV. Ended up cutting the back wall of our island and he was able to get it out that way. He did do a good job on that -I sure would hope so. Watch the other guy call now. :roll: Sure it would have been way less than half that amount. Oh well, 'tis done. :cry: We just won't go out to eat 20 times this winter...right. The furnace just turned on again -oh does that heat feel good. Guess we'd better enjoy it.

Edited to say: Dh figured it would have been about $100-$125 for our regular guy. BUT, whatta you gonna do?

Sounds like adventure(s) to me, LucyLee. Glad to see you're back safe 'n sound though.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:52 pm

Back home from errands. I had good luck all afternoon, found the birthday gifts I had in mind, funny cards, AND finally finally located a store that had co2 canisters in stock to exchange for my empties. I went to a lot of stores but traffic was not bad in TheBigCity and I hit almost every light green. Also, the weather stayed gorgeous all afternoon. :mrgreen:

With all of that success, I even had time to stop to get my hair "trimmed" and they were having a big sale today with all hair cuts half price ... but there my luck sort of ran out. It's much too short again. Sigh. It doesn't matter what photo I show them or how I describe what I want, it's as if they are all trained to only know how to do 1 style of short hair cut for women, and that is very short. I guess I really do need to make a total break from that place, no matter how convenient the location and that it's easy to walk in without an appointment. Oh well.

OK I need to get moving again and start cooking supper right now or I'll be late for class.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:05 pm

Had to charge my tablet. Got some watering done. Cooking more chicken up, h is glad he can make more sandwiches for his lunch. Bears just 17 miles from us, across the river. Fire just out side of town as well. Knitting mtg was goid. I rested today. I walked the dog on a shorter one than usual. Did some knitting working on a new design mermaid theme!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:09 pm

((BookSaver)) I believe a clean break would be best. If they hang out a shingle, and they take money, they have to abide by customers wishes. Being efficient isn't enough - you weren't shopping for fast food. This is something I haven't been able to explain to people very well - many IRL friends wonder why I don't go to beauty shops. I let dd20 trim my hair and keep it a simple longer length without the styling others enjoy, partly because no one at a beauty shop will ever listen to me. I seem to wear a sign that says, "don't worry, you don't have to do what she says - try your favorite idea". :lol: So, my dd gets my "business" and I'm happier, even though my hair's longer and plainer than I might otherwise request.

Pet stories here today are very uplifting - thanks for sharing them.

Glad you enjoyed the knitting group, Nancy.

Thanks for checking in, Norma. Glad you are safe and sound.

Also good to see Sadie in another thread.

Dgs7 and I made a paper boat according to a youtube video. Then he and HRH watched Little Rascals and ate peanut butter sandwiches and jello. I wish everyone who visited me could be so happy about a peanut butter sandwich. I am evidently a whiz at making them.

HRH wanted a meal from a Thai place tonight and we think they have changed chefs/cooks. Salty salt salt. I feel so bloated. I just can't eat high salt meals, and it's not good for him, either, although he doesn't have the swelling I do. Last evening my meal was a homemade smoothie by myself and I was quite content and light, with a happy pocketbook. Tonight he could eat with me, so treated me to something "better" and more expensive, and I feel blah.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:12 pm

The pharmacy did not have my cough syrup. Dr called it into another one. no one knows which. I will be calling until I find it. I am on hold.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:31 pm

I made Sweetie lasagna soup tonight. It turned out really good. You can google the recipe. I on the other hand had yogurt with strawberries.

Finally go my appointments set up. Bravo capsule next Tuesday and the nose tube thingie Nov 2. I’ll be glad to get these over with.

Thinking of Harmony...
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:48 pm

Hello. Settling down here.

What an experience this past several days has been. Stress galore. I had a really rough morning today. Misplaced the truck key and my set of house keys. Took me 1/2 hour to find them. my set was hung up on the key rack. :roll: My truck key was on the room ledge where I looked several times before I found it.

Then I took off in the truck which had been parked in the driveway and got all dewey and I'd wiped the windows but couldn't really reach the middle of the back one. I got out to the main highway and couldn't see how the traffic was coming down the fast road, so got out and wiped that window again...before I had the courage to pull out. In the lot I had to get back in and move the car which I'd pulled over the yellow line. Then I had to march back there to get DH's phone which was still inside.

What a day. Long and tiring. Really dumb clerk at the pharmacy didn't tell me the scripts had been called in, took my paper scripts and said 1 out of stock, and sent me to another location. That place tried to fill them and insurance refused it because the 1st one had filled them from the phone call earlier. So we lost an hour getting that all straightened out. One of the scripts is $352.00 for a month so I don't know what I'll do about that one - it is the most important one and can't be skipped. Yikes. And it has no generic now either. :(

Tomorrow we start over, I hope it's not busy stressful because I sure could use a quiet day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:30 am

i would speak to your doctor about the script. - this is probably the newest of one that has been out before. Ask him and he may be able to give you a comparable one that does the same thing that has a generic. We are with you in spirit during your day. hope you and your dh have a good healing day today.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”