TUESDAY TRUMPS MONDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

TUESDAY TRUMPS MONDAY

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:17 am

Don't ask me how.....but I vow to be sure my Tuesday does trump Monday. That shouldn't be too hard. Though when I stepped on the scales this morning I was finally, finally at the point I had set for this date. First time in forever! (I have weights listed in 2/10's # for 3 days at a time and I finally reached that point -now to keep going!) Know Dr was happy yesterday that I'd dropped a few since I saw him in July. I do feel like I've turned a corner. I don't have to go back to see him until next July. That is as long as everything stays ok.

Hoping you find dh even better this morning, Harmony.
One foot in front of the other. Is that a tactic? Absolutely, Harmony!
I was home at 9 and should have gotten something done, but I was too tired. You'd think there would be lots of energy left from just sitting all day between bouts of pacing in the lobby. Not so, it's very tiring.
I've always said there's nothing more tiring than sitting at a hospital all day! Hoping your day(s) get better as the week goes by.

Dh called a different RV repair service early this morning. We've called and called and called our usual guy (who has always gotten back to dh fairly quickly). Temp in here this morning was below 55 (inside). So we were both having the same thought -call this guy even though he's much more expensive. Decided we had to bite the bullet and do something. Have 3 electric heaters going and could only get it up to the 55.

DS-A is coming shortly to pick up dh. They're taking a big load of steel, aluminum, etc. YAY! say I -at least all that stuff will be out of here. FINALLY!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: TUESDAY TRUMPS MONDAY

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:00 am

Egads! I got distracted, I have 35 minutes to s2s and eat breakfast before my session with the trainer.

Not feeling too strong here.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:08 am

:lol: Dh had asked DS-A to bring an 8' box truck for all his metal to go to the recycling place in toward the city. He brought his biggest dump truck. Looked to me like it was pretty full. Might end up spending all that cash to be able to get heat. Oh well...….

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:18 am

Good morning, villagers ~
Thanks for opening the thread today, Dee.

It's Apron Day for me. I need to work off some worry.

First thing I fed the cat and then moved my car to the small driveway, trying to be optimistic that the roofers might show up today. They are making me anxious because we finally are forecast to have a full week without rain, and supposedly we were next in line on their calendar -- but the company owner is not returning my calls. I left messages Friday and Saturday, assuming that they were going to start first thing yesterday. I tried again yesterday late morning before I went to work, and left my work number as well as home landline. I was thrilled when DH texted me last night that the guy had left a message on the machine. Unfortunately, when I got home after work, I found that DH hadn't realized that it was an old message from a few weeks ago that I left on the machine as proof that we are trying to get the work done but at the mercy of the weather and the roofers' schedule (in case neighbors take complaints to city hall). I'm going to let it go for today and try to concentrate on chores around the house.

So far I have sorted laundry, put clothes in the washer, and loaded a stack of dishes to soak in the sink.
I brought breakfast to the computer so I can CUOP from yesterday and watch a family video.
I'm going to place an online order for a new cookbook.
I've planned the next couple of steps in my declutter project so I'm eager to get to that.

This afternoon I need to make a quick run to TheBigCity to buy 2 birthday gifts and cards.

For supper I have 2 new recipes to decide between, a pasta skillet meal or soup. The choice will depend on how long it takes me to run errands.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:52 am

Have to love all those 'unanswered' calls, Booksaver! NOT!!

I've been rearranging some of the things I've piled in the living area for packing for south. Needed to make sure things were away from all our heat vents (in the hope that our furnace will actually be up and running today.) Our dneighbor has offered us their RV next door if we get too cold. Unfortunately they have winterized, meaning toilet is unusable. Don't think I could go too many hours without one of those. Coming to ours in the middle of the night would sure take me back to the outhouse days at my Grandparents many, many years ago. Oh how far we've come in a lifetime! :oops:

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:32 am

As usual I need to get off my franny. I am picking dfriend M up at 12:30 for her birthday lunch and we're going to run an errand together later. I've done parts of a.m. routine but need to get rolling...

-change clothes and walk the dog
-s2s
-make the bed
-start a load of laundry
-what else?

I have a possible alternate plan for case study. Need to see if I can make it work, later this week.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:43 am

I'm up and going. My energy level isn't up to par. Hopefully, having the sniffles and low energy will be short-term. I don't have much wiggle room in my schedule today so I am just mostly ignoring the way I feel.

8:00 Homeschool
9:20 DH gets a tooth filled at the dentist
1:30p Pick up DMom and take her to her heart doc appt. Then to WalG to get her second shingle shot. Then to the pharmacy to get her prescriptions. Then to WM to do her shopping.
2:30p - DS10 to piano lessons. DH is covering this for me
3:30p - Pick up DGD7 from school. DH is covering this for me if I don't get back in time for it.
5p = DGD7 to piano lessons. Remember to make sure she has $$ and her piano book.
6pm - Tai Chi. I hope I have the energy to attend this. I really enjoy it and it is one of the few things that I do for myself.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:57 am

I am happy to say trash is at the curb and I am up on time. Journal and planning done. Pupa next up. Make bed and other a m stuff. Waving to all. 70 temps this week make me smile.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:36 am

Cat living in storm drain in front of our houses. I took time to take a photo and put on the Nextdoor app and the neighborhood Facebook page. I need to get it to a shelter before I lose my strength if it needs to be done. I would love to have a cat but dh wouldn't.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:46 pm

I always feel better right after a workout and today was no exception. But I still went to bed when I got home since I will likely be going out this afternoon.

Now to eat something quickly for lunch.

Return to “Post When You Can”