TUESDAY TRUMPS MONDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
BookSaver
Administrator

Re: TUESDAY TRUMPS MONDAY

Postby BookSaver » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:54 pm

My goodness, some online orders take an unreasonably long time. The cookbook order was quick & easy so I decided to take care of an order on another site. Finally made it through all their multiple pages to get to the "submit order" button, and realized that I wanted to add 1 more thing -- which meant they kicked me all the way back to the beginning and I had to re-enter the whole thing and all of my info again. :| Bad design in that site's ordering process; I may or may not ever give them my money again.

3rd load of laundry is in the washer.

I found a good coupon so I'm going to rearrange my day to go out for lunch. That will mean getting through those errands sooner, and back home in time to cook the new recipe that has a longer prep schedule.

I just remembered that I'm registered for a free sewing class livestream at 6 today. Where's the BGS, I need to hit the road! :)

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:12 pm

Hello dear ones - hope today is lovely for you!

Sitting at dentist waiting for d mom who is really feisty today 8-)
Have a great day
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Norma

Postby Norma » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:13 pm

Every year when we come to AZ I have to go through the re-registering process for both the SHE forums. I have two totally different systems - here and a home in NV. It gets to be a real pain.

I have not seen Rosie yet, but Sweetie came over when we got here to help get the "stuff" out of the car and into the house Thank God for him! He does this and won't accept anything. I guess I will have to have a spaghetti dinner for him. Don't know what Rosie can eat but will find out . I am so hoping her tests will tell us something that can be fixed - soon.

We have cooled down here in AZ. Had a few storms since we arrived and this morning the news showed picture of Flagstaff in the northern part of the state covered with snow. They have closed the northern entrance to the Grand Canyon so I think winter is going to be fast approaching.

Have a wonderful day! :D
I go to nature to be soothed and healed , and to have my senses put in order. John Burroughs

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:43 pm

Yeah Norma, but don’t get too excited yet... it may be snowing in Flaggstaff, but it suppose to be 87* here on Friday... so much for Fall :lol: :lol: :lol:
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:13 pm

Sitting waiting for dgs7 after school.

Twins', I had just said to myself this morning that someday I'll probably wish I had a cat. (This after fussing at Tobias)

I have kept putting one foot in front of the other today. Used the timer at one point.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:27 pm

enjoy your time with your d grand son d harriet.
hello all.
home! just pulled my cards for the dailies and what I want to do.
now - outside for planting bulbs
it is always a joy to be here with you!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:28 pm

Oh my... I’d be so embarrassed to even tell y’all what time I got out of bed... and my Tuesday appears to be even less productive than my Monday! I don’t know what my problem is!
The good thing — I HAVE exercised two days in a row now...
BUT — I seem to have lost the s2s FIRST habit while doing the EXERCISE habit.
Sigh... WHY can’t I seem to manage BOTH???
Tomorrow is another day.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:53 pm

Hi everyone! My plans changed today. I did decide to take my coughing self to the doctor and got sent home! She recommended a week off, but I only have 28 hours of sick leave left after surgery. I assumed I would be handed meds and sent back to work. It is bronchitis and not contagious, so that is good. They were rather concerned that almost every time I get a cold, it becomes bronchitis. However, since this is a once every 3 to 5 years thing (I think. It would be in their records.), it is just a mark in my file for now. Apparently this is something that happens to smokers and asthmatics. I have never smoked or lived with a smoker and do not have asthma. I have taken my antibiotics, but the cough syrup is not in yet. Since I am home and not contagious, I am seeing the financial advisor about the escrow account.

From last night: my LR is beautiful and complete, and so is the hallway. Here is what remains to be done for the party:
  • MBR - pupa, dust, sweep/mop
  • sewing room - same
  • both bathrooms
  • fridge
  • microwave
  • DD costume - find and attach two spiders
  • my costume - assemble hat, find shoes (in closet, not purchased)
  • purchasing - beer (I need help with this, I hate beer. So I will go to my favorite beverage store.)
  • transfer two cats to the cat coordinator for Saturday's adoption clinic

Now I need to print some stuff for the financial person. I will do some light pupa and rest if I get a coughing fit or am just tired. Tonight, a carpool mate is coming by to pick up the phone he left in my car yesterday. I am supposed to have DD16 tonight, but it is finals and I am hoping she decides to stay at the x's house. Not because I don't want to see her but I am getting a miserable migraine and I am not feeling my best.

I hope TwinsMom's storm drain cat is like the one I found. He seemed feral, so I trapped him. Once I got him into the bathroom, it was clear that not only was he not feral, he was very grateful to be back in a house. Found pet ads are free and I put one in the Sunday paper. At 8:05 am Sunday, his people called. He had been gone 5 weeks and they lived across town, 40 minutes by car from where he was found! We came to the conclusion he had stowed away in someone's truck to end up at my workplace. I recommended he become an indoor cat but he was already supposed to be one. This was his first (and probably only!) escape.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:59 pm

Back from lunch out w dfriend M and a trip to the jewelry store. I took my watch, a bracelet and pearls to be fixed/cleaned and had to leave them all. M had some family stones reset for an engagement ring and wedding ring for her son to give his fiance. Their rings were being resized and she's taking them to the son and fiance in NYC this weekend. We had a nice lunch - new place on the river with an enclosed "garage door" porch.

I put the found kitty on Facebook and got a message from the new neighbor across the street saying it's their kitty...I so hope so! M says the shelter is full and then some because of the animals brought here from the storm Michael. Hoping for a reunion this afternoon!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:05 pm

So -- looks like I have been AWOL since Saturday -- and I know I just briefly checked in to say hello then! I've missed you ladies!

We came home from the ballgame Saturday night, tired... depressed... sunburned... and in dgs's case, with strep throat. :cry: But we didn't know he had strep throat until Monday afternoon! I thought he had just gotten too hot at the game, and thought maybe the sunburn was causing him to run a fever. * In my defense -- he DID have on sunscreen, but not a lot on his face b/c he wiggled away so much when I tried to put it there.
He threw up when we got home, but again, I just thought the heat and the milkshake he had drunk on the way home could have caused that.
I gave him Tylenol and he took a lukewarm bath, and he acted like he felt a 1000% better, running around playing, etc. I had asked him if he wanted to go home to his mommy and his own bed, and he said no, he was fine.
On Sunday morning, he still felt hot, but again -- sunburn -- and I gave him Tylenol again and we went to church.
Sunday evening, when we were all supposed to go to dcousin's birthday party, ddil called and said his temp was over 102! :shock: She suspected strep then, although he had not really been complaining with a sore throat.
DGD and I went to the party and Monday, ddil took dgs to the doctor and they confirmed strep. Or "strack" as dgs puts it.
He's on an antibiotic now so I imagine he will feel much better soon!

Yesterday, to keep dgd away from him as much as possible, I took her with me to get my allergy shot refills. That's about a 45 min drive each way.

Also yesterday, while I was trying to get my s2s, etc... dmom called... dfriend in bankruptcy came by for dh and me to read another letter she had received and try to explain it to her... ds called... dh asked me to make hotel reservations for May... and I managed to get a load of laundry in and out of the washer!

Last night, we went to see the movie Gosnell -- about the abortion doctor trial. Oh. My. Goodness. I don't care how you feel about abortion -- I would not have let that doctor treat a hangnail! The clinic was so dirty and cluttered -- oh my... it looked like something on Hoarders! I personally am opposed to abortion, but again, whatever your feelings -- he was performing abortions past the 24 week limit, under very unsanitary conditions, allowing unlicensed aides to administer anesthesia... it was just a HORRIBLE situation.
The movie is NOT graphic or anything like that -- you never see the actual procedures -- it is more like a crime drama you'd see on tv -- but it IS sad and shocking. I'm glad we saw it though.

Also glad we saw Bad Times at the El Royale -- which I think Harriet mentioned. It IS pretty graphic, to be honest, but it is one of those movies where you keep thinking, "I didn't see THAT coming," LOL. (Well, maybe y'all WOULD see it coming; sometimes I'm kinda slow.) But it is really neat the way the story unfolds and you get the back-story on the various characters. DH and I both like Jeff Bridges, and he's one of the main stars. It was really interesting but yes... pretty bloody in some parts. It takes place in the late 60s, and I always enjoy movies that take place in a different time period too.

Time to flip the laundry again... I finally did get s2s, walked away the pounds for 17 minutes, got my Bible reading done and took my vitamins.
Basically, I've finished my morning routine and it is just past 4:00 pm.
Well no... not finished. I didn't s/s the bath. :oops:
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”