Working the Plan Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Working the Plan Wednesday

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:04 pm

waving at you d rose, d dee, d harmony, d kathryn, d everyone
did clutter check, folded and actually put away laundry, washing my swiffer duster fluffy things. so exciting
dh orded d old dogs meds - I have to make an appointment
now for shower2shoes ;)
then paperwork for wednesday and leave at 2:30 pm for d mom's appointment

ta ta
it is always a joy to be here with you!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:06 pm

Lucylee here, reporting for duty!
I am happy to say I have s/s all three baths, including dh’s shower, and I have sheets in the washer!
I did NOT get my morning walk-away-the-pounds done bc I knew I had to get up and at ‘em to pick up dgd and bring her to our house.
I did not get my Bible reading done bc dmom called and talked, talked, talked...
But I am making some progress!
Tomorrow is another day.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:18 pm

ditto from this time yesterday
Waiting for dgs7
Have done grocery shopping and started vacuum but dbil came

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:18 pm

Internet is out. Massive outage, my sister, 300 miles from me is out as well. So no phones, no Netflix and data only on my phone.

Got a note from the landlord turning our complex smoke free. Too bad it isn't legal. I can't believe they did it this way, there is a way to do it but they should have started in the summer before cannabis was legalized today.

So that has taken my time today. Vacuumed another room. Will try and do the kitchen floor next.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:34 pm

We made a "stained glass quilt" from a drawing dgs7 drew that looked like an arched stained glass window. Abstract art. He chose from all my tiny inch-or-less fabric pieces that I save for starting seams, and we glued them to matching shapes on the paper with fabric glue. His idea, to help me give a purpose to scraps. He wants me to include it in my new quilt, but I said it deserved a place all its own. Years of little bitty pieces, some of which I hardly remember. He says, "Grandma, you know I do these things to make you happy." (translation : he is aware that playing ball and running relay races might be more fun for other baby-sitters.) I suppose he tries to choose the activity to match the adult he's caring for at the time.

I allowed a more "real" scissors, which may be a no-no, but he's ready, I think. I told him he was absolutely not to hurt himself because if he did, he'd have a crying Grandma on his hands, so he was very careful.

I'll put all this away and get back to the vacuuming. Oh, fun. Not. I want to make another abstract, lol

Hope you can stay in touch, Kathryn, with everyone.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:13 pm

Kitty has been reunited with her family! I am so glad that she has a home.

I have gone down the rabbit hole and postponed grocery and dmom until tomorrow. :roll: :roll:
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:24 pm

I have most of this busy day behind me. Just a couple more hours before I can relax. So far today I have completed ....
** Homeschool Day #61
** DMom to PT
** DS10 to pediatrician office to get flu shot
** DS10 to Band Class (including a 59-mile drive)
** DGD7 picked up from a neighbor. DNeighbor picked DGD7 up from school since I couldn't make it back in time
** Bought a few groceries and put them away
** 63 SHE cards

Break is over. Back at it.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:48 pm

I walk ed the dog after lunch. Watered the back yard.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:43 pm

My internet is back up. I clued in because my computer notified me of incoming mail. My system, including phones, came back up on its own without me having to do anything. Given our WiFi here is cobbled together, I'm glad it was easy.

Rosie and Harmony: I have been to the doctor. Twice. It will take as long as it will take to heal but months is not out of the ordinary. I'm taking massive doses of melatonin, magnesium, and Omega 3s as per the doctor's orders. His focus is on me sleeping well and he offered sleeping pills but the melatonin seems to be working. I don't need to sleep in the day unless I'm doing doing too much or too much is being done to me (for instance the spooky rock music in the store yesterday meant I had to hand dgs over to his mom and go sit in the car with my ear plugs in, focusing on my breathing.)

My doctor maintains that ADD brains struggle much more with healing. I have very little concentration most times so the concussion, which reduces concentration dramatically, leaves me struggling much more than a 'normal' brain would. With a reduced attention span, I struggle more than usual to stay on task. With reduced energy (since everything takes brain cycles and using my brain makes me tired) I'm working at half speed at best on anything.

I have yet to work at data entry since I start to panic every time I try to begin that task (I'm now 3 months behind, because I was behind when I was knocked down.) My writing is atrocious. I'm not sure if my speaking is as bad but I usually proof read 3 - 4 times anything I write and find error after error. So writing anything takes 4x as long as usual. I'm terrified about introducing major errors into the books since I can't write more than a sentence at a time.

It remains I can only do up to 2 things out of the ordinary each day. If I do more than that I get dizzy or a headache. Or both.

I'm planning to care for dgs overnight tomorrow night so prepping the apartment for that was my 1 thing today. Thing 2 was to be the sermon. Which is writing. The flurry of activity about the building going non-smoking became 3 and the internet outage was item 4 and that means one and two fell by the wayside and I'm sitting here with very little to show for my day. The bedroom is clean, though, but not prepped aside from my pulling out the air mattress from the closet.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:44 pm

Washed up the daily dishes and then mopped the floor.

The dusting still isn't finished, nor is tidying the living room (which doubles as my office so the papers have to be put out of reach.)

Just got sidetracked by a phone call from Miss World 1970. (She needs dh to update her website, exciting events are afoot.) I need to summarize the phone call and then head to bed.

Return to “Post When You Can”