In the Zone Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: In the Zone Thursday

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:06 pm

I'm going in a different direction today than I had planned so far. DD came by earlier and needs to borrow my computer. :roll: Hers is in the shop and she is to do the "Lunch and Learn" session today at temple. She had done her power point on her work computer, not laptop. So I let her borrow mine - I need to go to the store and see dmom anyway and she will bring it back after lunch.

In the interim, I got out my older computer, that I had used last May when mine was in the shop. It wouldn't boot up for dd when she tried to use it awhile back, and I had to let it update Windows and download Chrome again, but it will work for browsing and writing it I don't expect too much multitasking out of it.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:29 pm

Happy for Mr. DeeClutter.

A lovely day, Ramblin'!

Remember yesterday when I didn't want to vacuum but wanted to be creative instead?
I split the difference and vacuumed the sewing room. :lol:
All the while thinking I wanted to be sure and post that compromise here!

Some similar tech-puzzlement as Twins' household here, in that we ran out of toner for the copier. Didn't realize dd would need so much printing in preparation for her power-point she's designing now for Computer Science, on top of her general paperwork. So I ordered as usual but it's not in stock and will take 5 days longer than we thought. This gets tough because it cramps my creativity and her Dad's reports, too. Thinking of actual searching through stores (ugh - added to errands, maybe?).

I looked up the "in the zone" phrase origin because I noticed I was "in the zone" while sewing a quilt block the other day. I think I mentioned it here - not having to use the seam ripper and ending up with the exact size block, which means I must have gotten even the early seams and cutting right. It's easiest to notice times like that when they follow a time you feel like you made every mistake in the book ( :) ) .

Of course, using any kind of correction or "do-over" in our work - erasing a written mistake, rewashing a spotty glass, undoing a row of knitting, reapplying a new character band-aid when the last didn't quite cover the boo-boo, or whatever - means we are caring enough to do a good job. So, are we better homemakers (or tennis players, etc.) at the times it comes to us easily/naturally OR are we better homemakers at the times we keep at the corrections to get things right. :?: Hmmm... ... :)

Some Desk Day is wrapped up.
Errands loom.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:34 pm

hello d ones.

heading out. most of morning routine done
no perfection! my mantra today.

have a great afternoon
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:46 pm

Elizabeth, the info downloaded from the insurance company still does not give you any indication that your dh paid the out of pocket copays, etc. So I'm with you on wanting receipts that showed he paid his part. The care providers could still come back with an unpaid bill and hit you with it.

I have a headache myself. I am leaving now to see dmom, then on to grocery store. Maybe a stop at Michaels too?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:55 pm

Zoned out here. Was in the zone yesterday. Totally goofing off. Have been trying to conquer a crochet stitch. I have done before. Think I got some of it for a pattern. Cheering you all on. I did a pupa in the living room.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:02 pm

Nap time!

Library errand went well but none of the 'first sleepover' books were in so I settled on some about sleeping. Plus picked up the mindfulness book I had on hold.

Groceries went well until "Sounds like Teen Spirit" started playing as the background music. I can't handle rock, let alone grunge/heavy metal so I fled the store as fast as I could, leaving the peanut butter decision unmade. That's two stores in 3 days I've had to leave - maybe I can't handle shopping after all.

I still haven't completely recovered. Lunch is now done (dd called, then dh so it was delayed) and I probably have an hour to rest.

The apartment isn't ready. I'll just pile everything on the table since that's out of reach for my diminutive grandson.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:34 pm

Good morning! I am back at payroll, though I am not 100%. There were 79 emails waiting for me. The daily loads still had 92 components to go, so I made that announcement. There was nothing really wrong and the components eventually finished without error, but very late. I don't know if anyone checked them in my absence. Now, I have to track down how to do stuff I have not looked at in two years!

Tonight I have DD16. She is between sessions at school, so homework will not be an issue. We will probably go out to eat, even though that is not ideal for the budget. The main thing left for costumes is two spiders for her costume and a bun holder for her hair. The only thing left in consumables to buy is beer, for which I need the help of someone who actually drinks the stuff. Remaining party clean up is: wipe down of fridge and microwave, MBR, and vacuum one rug. Other things to do are: assemble the hat for my costume, order the next Bible study book, and some paperwork for the financial advisor.

TwinsMom: The providers cannot come after me for DD's expenses. I never signed for any of them and was not even present for most of them. The x is obligated for those, and I am obligated by the terms of the divorce to reimburse him a portion of those expenses. The spreadsheet he claims to have downloaded from the insurance company shows the patient/guarantor's responsibility and would be what I owe a portion of. However, between the download and emailing me a copy, anyone could change any entry on the spreadsheet. So, not good enough! I've repeatedly asked him for documentation and he just keeps sending me copies of the spreadsheet. At my appointment with the financial advisor, we discussed escrow and funding sources for this debt. He observed that I can easily pay it from cash on hand. So now I have a witness that I both have the money immediately on hand, and have plans on transferring it as soon as proof is made available. My last email to the x reminded him that he will need copies of the receipts for his taxes anyway. I guess he is having trouble with the concept that I do not trust his honesty. (Originally, I did assume he was being honest, but wanted to double check for the sort of errors that occur with dyslexia. With the continuing refusal of documentation, that assumption has gone by the wayside.)

ETA: They STILL have not assigned our holiday schedule at payroll! Coworkers who wanted to travel by plane for Thanksgiving may be out of luck by now. If everyone gets what they want, I will be the only one in my group present Monday after Thanksgiving. My brother tells me that my parents are booking flights for 12/24 to 1/7.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:58 pm

Up from nap. Mad dump onto the dining table. Dgs should be here in 15 minutes or less. I'm having a quick tea.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:47 pm

I'm not in any zone right now. Too tired to walk to the zone.

I've run my errands. Got our new keys made for the suv. When DH changed the ignition he did not take the tumblers out and have them keyed alike so now we have 2 similar-looking keys for that car, 1 for the door locks, 1 for the ignition. Keys look like all the other truck keys. Tried to get those rubber things that I could put on the tops to differentiate, but the keys are too big for them. The clerk even opened a package to try one for me.

So I am painting the tops with bright red nail polish. Got 1 side done. I know that will get scratched off but in the mean time it will work.

2 other stores. First store I'd never been in. Friend said there was lunchmeat there that was fat free and none of those chemicals that are bad...but I couldn't find it. Dumbest store in the world. Don't intend to go there again.

2nd store I struck out too. If anybody has any idea what I can send DH to eat in his lunch that's fat free and very low sodium and no nitrates and easy please let me know. He has no way to heat anything, it really has to be a sandwich of some sort. I've wracked my brain and can't come up with anything. To always keep turkey slices from cooked turkey done is a bit beyond what I can manage at this point. I'm a bit too busy.

I wish it was bedtime.

RRose, that must be awesome seeing those stallions. What color were they? What was your dog's reaction?

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:07 pm

Harmoney can you Google it?
H called and had to change up his lunches, I have califlour considering that for him.

Store run done & did a walk in the field.

Return to “Post When You Can”