In the Zone Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Re: In the Zone Thursday

Postby lucylee » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:55 pm

No fat -- the fish would probably be okay, then. I get the tilapia at Walmart -- PLEASE -- don't anyone even start on me about how horrible tilapia is. I've read all that stuff and I read it and think NO MORE tilapia... then I think, well, what, then? DH and I don't like salmon or tuna, and catfish is hard to find -- and some people say since they are "bottom feeders" they're nasty, too -- so we just eat our tilapia and don't think about it. Dcousin and I were talking about it -- her family loves tilapia too -- and she said, "I figure there's worse stuff we eat and don't even think about it," and she is something of a gourmet cook for our family and her three children are very healthy.
ANYWAY -- I get frozen peppers and onions to liven it up a little.
Tomorrow is another day.

Lynlee

Re: In the Zone Thursday

Postby Lynlee » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:35 am

Lucylee - Nitrates are 'big' in processed meats especially.
Some meat counts as less fatty than others. Some fish is more fatty than others too.
GL exploring whatever is 'suggested' - I'd expect there are some sample diet suggestions somewhere.

Me - I'm just trying to get back to regular with 3 meals , and including vegetables each day.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Return to “Post When You Can”