In the Zone Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: In the Zone Thursday

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:52 pm

You'd think I could have loads of info for you, Harmony. But, my brain seems to be dead. Of course I have the added ability to give dh his lunches right here at home. So I can reheat things very easily. I'll try to think on this. I know what a difficult thing it can be -trying to revamp diets.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:43 pm

hello!

home after a day of errands. I just missed one thing. :D I will be going downtown tomorrow so I will look there.

d twins glad you were able to help d elizabeth. praying he gives her the receipts
Hope your headache goes away d twins

hi d nancy - so happy you are having a goofing off day - good for you

hi d kathryn Nap time sounds great! glad you are getting a bit better. praying you feel better and better each day.

hi d elizabeth! have fun with your dd. your party sounds like it will be so much fun! wishing you a great evening

hi d harmony have you tried whole foods for lunchmeat with out chemicals/nitrates. good idea re: painting the keys with red nail polish

sending you a good evening d dee

hello everyone
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:25 pm

I do not want to work! I have been on bahookey for 1-1/2 hours :shock: :shock: :shock:
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:18 pm

Harmony... check your health food stores. We have Sprouts here. Some health food store have delis and perhaps you can find sandwich meat there

One stallion was gray the other was chestnut. Willis has seen horses up close and personal. Like 3-4 feet way. I guess he just thinks they are really really big dogs. He really didn’t have much interest in the ones we came across on our hikes the other day. One horse with a rider on him, stopped and put his head down low like he wanted to snif Willis and Willis just stood there looking back at him with his tail wiggling.

Now that I’ve been working with Willis, he seems to ignore most animals around him. He doesn’t even look twice at the geese and ducks we pass. However he love to chase the birds out of our year when he’s let him out. Think Willis thinks he’s protecting his property :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:31 pm

Did some after dinner clean up. Laundry is going now.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:41 pm

Harmony -- this may be the grocery store you went to and had no success, but here, we found Boars Head low-salt & no salt turkey and roast beef at Publix. (One of them was no salt added, the other was just low or reduced salt. HOWEVER, I have no idea about nitrates and whether or not Boars Head contains them! Sorry.) Dh actually liked them -- he is not really crazy about salt anyway, so it was (fairly) easy for him to adjust -- but VERY difficult to actually find the foods! I absolutely know what you mean about reading every label in the grocery store! That is why we got so frustrated, and why dh now is locked into these four meals that I cook and repeat... cook and repeat... until I am so sick of them I could scream. BUT -- since things improved so much after the ablation, dh does allow himself to eat whatever he wants, basically, for maybe 3 nights a week.
When we are home, it is oven-baked chicken, fish, Philly cheese sandwiches, and hamburgers.
I use Mrs. Dash lemon pepper and original seasonings on his, add no salt to the hamburgers or Steakums (which is what we use for Philly cheese sandwiches), and he eats Swiss cheese -- it was the lowest in sodium we could find.
We also use King's Hawaiian bread -- again, lowest sodium rolls we could find.
The hard part is the vegetables -- that is where dh would miss the salt and other seasonings. He simply will not eat green beans or any kind of beans, without good seasonings, like his mother & his aunts used. He isn't crazy about salads at home, although he will eat them from a salad bar with lots of choices. We have pretty much stuck with corn on the cob -- which I know, doesn't even really count as a vegetable, but rather a starch. DH uses unsalted butter.
Oh -- we also found lower sodium Pringles potato chips, so we usually eat those w/hamburgers and Philly cheese.
It is boring and tiresome and aggravating sometimes, but we manage. You'd think we'd be losing weight, but... no... surprisingly no.
I guess we reward ourselves too much with sweets.

And like tonight -- dh was gone all day playing golf, so I went and got myself a meat lovers pizza... and a package of Dolly Madison Zingers. :oops:

I've been IN THE ZONE though! * whew * I got over 9000 steps yesterday and today I am almost at 8000. Since I usually average around 5000, this is great progress for me.
Y'all saw how necessity forced me into the "baby room" zone yesterday -- well, today, I got up, walked away the pounds, s2s, and got back into it.
I really need to have a big go-to-the-dump day, but ds needs to be here to say yea or nay on so many things that I don't see that happening for a while. I just stuffed a bunch more stuff in an already stuffed closet, but it did open up a lot of floor space in that room.
I also vacuumed the living areas of the house, all except the master bedroom and bath. I'll get that before bed.
All this while having MANY interruptions.
The first one was caused by my own curiosity. LOTS of LOUD sirens headed down the road around 11:30 this morning, so I turned on dh's old police scanner and heard that there was a house fire at the intersection where my dmom's 2nd house is -- late dgm's house -- so after my shower, I drove out there to make sure it wasn't dmom's. It wasn't -- it was a neighbor, (not anyone dmom really knows) and no one was home, but the house probably is a huge loss from smoke and water damage if not fire.
The second one, while I was out, I had to go to the post office & drug store.
Third, dgd arrived... and I started doing bank statement while she was eating lunch.
Fourth... dmom called and asked me to call her doctor... which necessitated another call to dmom...
Fifth... ds came to pick up dgd...
Sixth... dmom came to have me pay some bills and complain about the cost of upkeep for two houses (and forgot to bring her empty med dispensers so I'll have to do that tomorrow)
Seventh... I was about to pass out from hunger so I ordered the pizza... and ate... and bug lady called...
Eighth... dh came home and I took the SUV to ddil to have her put the carseat back in (I can never get it tight enough)

So now, I still need to finish the bank statement and the vacuuming! :roll:

My day sounds like something P&P would make up! :lol:

I also made dh a hair cut appt for next week, btw... but I did not type up our council minutes from church last Thursday, so that should be a priority also...

Elizabeth, yes, I agree you need to see the receipts. Your x and his wife have already proved themselves untrustworthy anyway, and as you said, he needs these for tax purposes so there should be no problem with giving you copies.

Waving to ALL!!!

Oh -- Harmony, could you tie a short ribbon, or even loop a rubber band through the top of the keys to identify them? I mean, if the nail polish wears off too quickly?

Okay... back to the grindstone... ;)
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:13 pm

I loaded the dishes. Did 5 min. On the gazell e for a break when I realized my show was not on. Got left overs cooling and in a smaller container to put in the fridge in a bit.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:15 pm

By far the best salt substitute I've found is Benson's Table Tasty, which can be found on A-river. It's made of dried and powdered veggies.

Harmony, consider preparing enough soup and tossed variety salad for several days, so that all you have to do in the mornings is put daily servings into containers. Warm up the soup and let a wide-mouth thermos keep it hot. Pack some kind of reusable frozen thingie beside the salad to keep it cool until lunch. Send a roll/bread along. There are plenty of great veggie/grain or veggie/bean soup recipes that would let you control the salt, and would do well in a crock-pot to simplify life. But most important is to put his favorite veggies in, and omit the ones he doesn't like as much.

I've been sewing. Most of another block done.

Dd needs proof-reading in the a.m., so time for bed.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:47 pm

Thank you for the suggestions. I've tried Wal Mart and Al di's (which I really hate by the way). It was Aldi's my gfriend said had something. Nope. And after being in that store I don't know if I'd trust that place anyway for meat.

I don't think DH would like messing with soup or veggies or anything like that out on the job. The other thing is he takes along a small sub also for helper because NO helper we ever used brought their lunch with them or even water or anything to drink. We have to provide it all or go out to lunch. They keep a very loose schedule. Lunch is time to sit and eat and take a break and get back to work whenever they feel able but breaks throughout the day whenever they need to stop and rest. We pay everybody through the lunch hour and break times. Sometimes they're doing something that just can't wait through an hour's lunch anyway.

Never thought of the health food store. I'll try that next. We don't have a whole foods here.

Definitely going to do the crock pot soup thing though for weekend lunches and dinner. Trying to decide how to make my own broth if I'm only doing chicken breasts (boneless, skinless) so I no longer have carcasses to boil. I really think that tastes so much better than the store-bought stuff. I guess I could just get regular chicken breasts and use those bones...

Lucylee, we're not eating many of those foods you're doing right now. This is the most critical time I guess, and they said very low fat so that's no beef basically, and definitely no cheese.

He LOVES his salt and is having a hard time with not putting it on his food. It's like I'm the enemy now for giving him his plate of food with no salt on it. :evil: He's getting pretty severe leg cramps right now (which he always gets but now they're worse) and he's blaming me for the no salt thing. I told him to take it up with the Dr. who he sees on Wednesday.

I really hate all this.

Good idea about the string or something in the key. Never thought of that either. We'll see how long the polish stays on and then I'll do that.

RRose, your DDog sounds like an awesome pet to be that calm around other horses. Amazing!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:49 pm

Vacuuming completed!
Interruption #9 -- recover Mr. Potato Head's pipe from the vacuum cleaner hose, which was no small chore, let me tell you. And if you follow Mr. Potato Head, you know that since he gave up this nasty tobacco habit, his pipe is quite the collector's item. Mr. Potato Head no longer comes with the pipe, so ours, approaching 35 years old, is quite prized by dh, King of the Packrats.

Hmmm... pausing to think... 39 years ago at this moment, I was likely sitting on the couch with my parents, in the den, fighting a panic attack... knowing it would be the last night I spent in their house as a single girl.
I awoke the next day, all panic gone, happy as a lark, and had an amazingly nice day for a wedding -- took a test in a college history class and drove home with a fully-assembled three-tier cake sitting in my best friend's lap.
I could not even imagine what life would be like 39 years later... that my grandparents and my ddad would be gone, along with my inlaws, all of dh's aunts and uncles, and one of my uncles and a cousin (all whom were at our very small wedding, and I was the only grandchild to have all my grandparents at his/her wedding)... all that my dmom would have gone through the last few years... all that dh and I would have gone through over the last couple years with his health... but that we would have a life better than we could have ever dreamed of or asked for, with a wonderful son and daughter-in-law, and these two precious grandchildren.
Just taking a moment to give thanks.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”