Stay in the Zone Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Stay in the Zone Friday

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:39 am

Continue the effort from yesterday and stay in the zone, or try again to get there.

Some reading for your pleasure and edification:

https://www.headspace.com/blog/2017/04/ ... -the-zone/ or

http://tomkenny.design/articles/flow-th ... -the-zone/ (I got a pop up with this one that wouldn't close, but when I backed up and went there again, it didn't pop up. Apologies if if gets you!)
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Stay in the Zone Friday

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:55 am

Of course I went 'there', Twins! And now I'm 'in the zone'. My intention is to be more than ready to leave here on the 30th. So I have lots to 'zone' in on in the meantime. I'll take it one 'zone' at a time.

Had a weird night. (There's one of those exceptions to the rule: I before E, except after C). :? Good thing it corrects automatically because my fingers wanted to spell it the other way around -that would have been until I looked at it & would know immediately it was wrong. Anyway...….woke up little after 11 and knew my blood sugar was low so I ate. When I took it this morning it was still only 62 so it must have been really low! Now I'm trying to get rid of a headache and that shaky feeling.

Dh has gone to the dentist to get his plates relined. Our dentist will be retiring in December (after we're gone) & is completely booked so he's lucky to have gotten in. Sure hate to lose him -always been able to get right in and he's very affordable and right in our town.

Just finishing up my coffee, then shoes/socks and I'll be ready to boogie.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:06 am

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO MR & MRS LUCYLEE! Hope your day is calm and fruitful!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:44 am

mr. and mrs. lucy - Happy Anniversary!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:46 am

d dee - sorry you blood sugar went off in the night! hope you feel better!
d twins thank you for the links and starting our day!

Hello to everyone from yesterday:
Dear...
Harriet
Dee
Harmony
Kathryn
Nancy
Rose
Twins
Elizabeth
Lucy
Llynlee

Hello to everyone today!!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:48 am

Happy ann. Mr. &Mrs. Lucy L. !

I woke up at 3 :shock: worked on a writing project. Got this phase of it done, now feeling sort of zoned. I got the kitchen cleaned up.worked on my crocheting project while I decided how to proceed with my next part of today.

Waving to everyone!

Did another session got to a great stopping place with my notes taking a break.
Swished the bathrooms.
Put away some stuff on my desk I was done with.
Made the bed.

Time to get back to it break is over now.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:54 am

d Nancy - soooooo early!!! waving to you too!

today:
I have my gift list made but now I need to figure out my budget - a real budget for the holidays.
I looked at Christmas cards yesterday but didn't find any.
I added an idea for dh's christmas stocking.
cut the roses on side of the house (dead items)
or wash the front door so I can paint it tomorrow

dd younger and I will stop by the fabric store as she starts her first sewing class this Sunday. They only this is they require you to buy from them if you are doing the sewing class. I understand why but it is a half hour away.

we were going to go downtown today but the place we would have lunch is having a sailing race today through Sunday and there won't be parking
d mom wants to pack her cloths for going south so it all works out for all of us. Hoping to go Tuesday

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:55 am

Good morning, villagers ~
Trying to stay "in the zone" with 3Ds and making sure I pay the bills on time to not incur late fees.

This week I feel like I'm making progress on my big decluttering project. Wednesday night I was able to break down a few large cardboard boxes and take them to the curb with the recycling bin. Today I'm hoping to get through and eliminate 2 more large boxes and that will give me room for another set of temporary shelves. If only we'd had enough shelves to begin with, that would have prevented a lot of clutter problems.

I had a meeting Wednesday with the Friends of the Library officers to go over an agreement for helping their Treasurer with the bookkeeping. The reason for this arrangement is that they have had a hard time finding anyone to serve as Treasurer because of the work load. (Seems to be a common problem with all volunteer organizations these days.) No one else wants to deal with the spreadsheets and reports, but that's the part that I like doing. I just need to maintain the boundaries of a specific, limited job description. For example, since they've been without a Treasurer for 2 months, the group's President managed to lose track of the paperwork for 3 expense checks. Not My Problem. I'll eventually see on the bank statement who and how much she paid, and the rest of them can figure out what to do if she can't find the documentation.

This morning I should inventory and rearrange the 2 cupboards where I store canned goods before I go buy groceries. There is a pumpkin muffin recipe I want to try but I don't think I have any pumpkin in the house.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:05 am

Happy heading-into-the-40th-year Day, lucylee and dh! 39 x cool

Ooooo! Fabric store! Have fun blessed and dd

Twins', that first one has a marvelous piece of artwork to illustrate! How I love that! Must show to dd20. It took me a while to understand the colorful chart below it. My brain was not in the same place as the chart-maker's. It's really very simple, just had me tilting my head to the side a while. So the 2 intersecting circumstances to achieve flow (or be in the zone, perhaps) are a high skill level at what you are doing AND a high challenge level of the same. Hmmm... .. that certainly applied to me that day sewing - I'd been at it long enough to know what I was doing but also was alert because I was seeing a challenge in it. Interesting.

I also notice that the author believes you need to LIKE what you are doing! :) There are SOME household tasks that might break my concentration, then! ;)

Harmony, you could find out the percentage of fat he's allowed and take that to a dietician/nutritionist (whom dh should be able to see through doctor's rec with insurance paying). Or Dr could just send dh to a CHIP program - there are so many in your state. Here, we have relatively few still.

Proof-reading was my occupation beginning at dawn. Dd submits her portfolio to pursue her B of Fine Arts today. She could submit between 10 and 20 pieces with long written captions (if that's the right word) and I thought she was rather daring to submit only 10 illustration pieces and one "other" (the wood cicada). But she is confident she's handled it correctly. She says there's no reason to burden the judges with more of a portfolio than needed to make a decision.

After seeing her off, and realizing HRH was sleeping in, I had a chance (excuse?) to sew a little "so I wouldn't bother him".

Errands were not completed yesterday - still one opposite direction I need to head sometime. Thankfully, close.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:23 am

I want to be in the "Zoned Out" area. I don't mean in a drugged way, just totally relaxed.

I am listening to DGD7 play with her stuffed animals in her room. She talks for each of the stuffed animals so her voice is changing as the stuffed animals have a conversation with each other. She has such a good imagination. DS10 has never played like this.

I am going to try my best to relax for a couple of days. I will still be feeding and caring for 2 children, but I am going to try to ignore everything that can be ignored.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”