Stay in the Zone Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Stay in the Zone Friday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:53 am

I'm ready to head back to bed but have to s2s first. Then I will consider it. The apartment is very quiet now.

Last night, dgs cried for quite a while but was asleep by 9:15. He was still in the tub at 8, had to take meds, brush teeth, etc, then 7 books, then the tears. Dd had said to ask him when mommy was coming and he said "one day" but then he cried more and said "M wants mommy!" This is his very first night without his mommy ever.

He didn't want me to lie with him so I got ready for bed and he cried more when I'd leave the room so I guessed he wanted me near to hear his anguish. I pulled out my tablet and put on a Youtube of ducklings which he refused to look at so he scooted off my bed, onto his mattress and settled down a bit listening to the peeping ducklings between sobs and fell asleep. Someone got 15 views of their video last night because I kept replaying it until I was sure he was asleep!

By the time I was willing to say he wasn't going to wake up again, it was 9:25 so I went to bed myself. He'd stir every hour or so and let out a whimper and I'd say shhhh and touch his back. I crept out of bed at 3:30 to pee and he slept without whimpering from then until 7.

I peeked when I heard him then and he was sitting up so I said "good morning!" He held up his arms and said "give Nana hug" so he climbed in with me for a short cuddle until he was awake enough to go potty and start the day.

We played for a bit, he suggested the kitchen so we had breakfast and his mommy came after breakfast just as she promised. They are off to meet a friend's new puppy so he should have a good day.

Ds called while I made dd a second breakfast. He will not be buying the house. The building inspector told him to not buy the house under any circumstances only 45 minutes into the process. He canceled the septic inspection for ds and only charged ds 1/3 the normal rate since he was there less than an hour.

The block foundation is failing and will cost about 40K to fix. Even if that was done, there are water table issues (too high) and the well is too close to the septic. No wonder there is no well record. Given how high the water table is, they suspect it was a hand dug well from decades ago. As well, the high water table will likely mean problems with the septic so basically he was looking at 1) raising the house and building a new foundation, laying weeping tiles and installing a sump pump, 2) drilling a new well and 3) putting in a new, raised, septic system. Plus whatever the inspector found once going into the house.

Poor ds feels ill now he is so disappointed. At least ds's real estate agent was there with him. I can't say enough good about that guy.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:02 am

I recognize "in the zone" from my tax season and tax return days. Some days things were just flowing and I didn't feel time passing; I get that way now when doing genealogy work. Not so much, housework, but I perhaps approach it some days when I'm doing chore bingo on my own and staying oh so focused. I don't necessarily see the "high skill level" in the housework, but both tax work and genealogy are there. Perhaps it's the motivation related to housework, but I can also see it in something like (avert your eyes, Harriet) ironing beautiful linens.

And Lucylee, "eliminate distractions?" How in the world do we do that?

This afternoon I am planning to watch/listen to three genealogy webinars while straightening my upstairs office. There's a break from 1:30 to 3 when I will s2s and get ready for temple tonight. Most of them can be handled by listening and with no one in the house I can turn on the sound and not use earphones. If I get to a place where I feel I'm done upstairs, I'll move to the garage and work some there.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:10 pm

Twins — ha! I don’t think I expected to elmnate distractions — I was just amazed at how many I had yesterday, even with dh out of the house! LOL — guess I can’t use him as my excuse!

Thanks for anniversary wishes, everyone. Last year we started our anniversary with dh getting an arteriogram. Today I started it in the car rider line. We’ve got dgd all day and dgs after school. They got here bright and early but dgd did let me sleep a little more after we took dgs to school.
Tomorrow is another day.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:12 pm

Happy Anniversary, Lucylee, and Mr. Lee!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:38 pm

ordered groceries and hello fresh (trying it out)
my goal is to cut everything up today - prep
menu is done today as I checked my calendar for next week.

hi d lucy - hello hello
hi d twins - I just bought a new iron... I can help! raising my hand :D
hi d kathryn - (sweet baby boy and his sweet grandmother- but how lucky to have his first night away be with you) I am so sorry the house was not a good one. glad he found out before he bought it.
hi d lady. so happy you are relaxed
hi d harriet fabric store ... I have 2 now that I love! so much fun! how exciting for your dd and her portfolio
glad you had a little sewing time - sew fun :D
hi d book yay on making progress - cheering you on during your day.

my brain is distracted. 8-) what I am supposed to do is not being done.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:22 pm

helped dd younger for 15 minutes - we got a lot done.
she got hired for the photo job yay
dishes in dw washing themselves
counters clean
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:41 pm

Wow, Kathryn! DSon dodged a bullet with this one. That's what I don't like about flipped houses. You never know how conscientious the flippers were about doing the stuff behind the bling.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY LUCYLEE AND DH!

I'm in the worn out zone again. I worked in the kitchen all morning after dailies. Last night I made some of that yogurt cheese. I made it about the consistency of mayo. I have recipes where that gets used with other stuff in it instead of mayo for coleslaw and stuff like that. I made coleslaw and tuna salad, and I made small hoagie sandwiches ahead. I know he'll be here all weekend and if there's not stuff to eat he'll eat whatever.

When I take the salt out of his then I have to add it back in for mine because my sodium is low. We both love our veggies here and salads, though he likes his with salt and I like mine with butter. I put the butter back in the refrigerator and a bunch of stuff got stashed away (hidden) and some thrown away. This is a lot of work.

I've been reading a cookbook I have here but there's a whole pile of stuff I brought home that I need to read to see his allowable levels. I figure he's getting more out there because he's still eating what he used to for lunches. I asked him today if he was at least taking the cheese off and he said NO. :roll: So I need to be stricter here.

Good suggestion Harriet. I will have to check that out.

Have a couple errands, so need to do that before DH comes home. He came home once and I had to help him twice with his vest. He can't get his shorts off with the machine itself on and it gets hooked onto his belt by accident and it's a royal pain. I could write a book about what's wrong with this thing.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:43 pm

Back from my appointment with my personal trainer. That went well. I was sore when I arrived and I'm sore now. Totally expected.

The apartment is trashed. The dishes in the dishwasher are clean though. I've had lunch (really my normal breakfast since I had French Toast for breakfast.) Dinner tonight is lasagna.

I still have a lot of writing to do but there's a nap in my near future since I spent the time I thought I might nap before my workout putting away the air bed.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:44 pm

I need to go get my shower. The webinar is over. I can't say how much I absorbed while I was moving about, but the office looks so much better. I did get the handout, which is a good summary.

I may renege on working on the garage. I should do it, though. I also made a phone call about getting blinds for the west windows downstairs, and tried to call dd back. I get points for calling her back but didn't have to talk to her again. She's in a tizzy about pizza for the event tonight. A member owns a CiCi's pizza and will donate the pizza, but dd can't pick it up, and the member hasn't gotten back to dd about whether they could deliver it. However, the member made a fuss last time about the prospect of dd calling another pizza place who could deliver...

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:39 pm

ironing beautiful linens

I'd equate that with pressing a quilt block, so YES.
blessed, what kind of new iron did you buy? I saw the itouch demonstrated by a quilter in a video the other day - the one that automatically raises itself up off the board when your hand lets go. Can't really justify the price, but if/when mine dies I'd love to switch to that one.

Got the errands accomplished, including shopping for the toner. Somehow avoided buying other office supplies! Also picked up scratch grains for the hens.

Return to “Post When You Can”