Saturday for the Win!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Saturday for the Win!

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:21 am

I've spent way too much time trying to figure our second overnight on our trip south. At first was thinking of stopping in Walterboro, SC. But that puts us near 600 miles for the day -not sure we'd be up for that. But at the same time I hate stopping in NC. I'll figure distances again in a little while. My brain is getting foggy.

Think I'll do up the dishes and get that task out of the way.

We pretty much finished cleaning off our deck and put things where they needed to go. Took us the better part of the day -well actually took dh mostly. I did a little bit late in the day.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:06 am

Watching collage game day 1st time ever in Pullman Washington. First time for me watching this sports show on ESPN. Go Cougs!
41*/73* today's lo & high temps.
Lost my 1st post. Seahawks NFL team has a bye week.
I have done my planning. Journaling still to do.
Breakfast has been consumed.
H is up now.
(I got up at 6:45 today.)
This weekend getting up the last monitor is on his list.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:29 am

Major desk chores this morning. I am on top of things (a lot of them) and I feel the WIN there. Putting blessed's Roc ky music in my head. Better than what's up there right now!

I'm not even sure what's up there right now. Fog. Cotton. Mush. Yeah.

Don't know what I've been thinking lately. I found multiple mistakes all over my paperwork today. Things I did I can't remember why I did them. I've been putting August date down on stuff. :shock: Worked on 2 accounts, reconciled one (messed up of course) and caught the other up to date. Dealt with a pile of receipts - I guess DH cleaned out his truck and brought in a balled up fist full of stuff.

Ran to warehouse store - well, drove, not ran - and put a payment in on our charge there as it's over the limit once again. This should be the end of that as that house is done and BIG payments are over. Took a minute to go back and look at all the meats. Found a couple that were better than what I've found. Not perfect but acceptable. If I don't find anything better, this is what I'll use I guess.

1 LOL done.

Dee, do you take 2 days to get to Florida or 3? If it's still 2 do you think it's time to start doing it in 3? That's a very long drive. I know it would be very challenging for us.

Ok, I'm going to go rest a bit.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:55 am

No, Harmony, we do the drive in 3 days. Stay over 2 nights usually. Had thought about taking the auto train from Laurel, VA but our timing is all wrong. Maybe another year. Our plan is to leave from here on the 30th and drive as far as Winchester, VA. Now I'm trying to figure out how far to go on Wednesday. Neither of us really want to be on the road after dark. I'm thinking about 500 miles on Wednesday and the rest of the way on Thursday. It's around 1,325 miles -always comes out differently every trip. Go figure. Do know it seems to get longer every year. Flying is looking better and better to me every year. Wish we could afford to buy an additional car to leave down there. Maybe when our 'ship comes in'. But we'll probably be at the airport and train station. :mrgreen:
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:49 pm

hello d dee that is a long trip - so goo that you split it up! yes flying does look better - dd younger has the same problem re: the car. We looked into shipping her car but my brother is thinking of driving down to florida so he may take her car and dd younger will fly with d mom as, d mom can't fly by herself any more bc it causes her stress. - dd older had to do that with her car and so has my d mom. Last time it was 700.00, 5 years ago, and then a tip for the driver. I can't imagine what it is like now.

wishing you a good afternoon d dee.

hi d harmony! it is pretty normal to have things missed especially with your dh's surgery and coming home healing. When my dh was sick I had the same thing. praying that that last charge was the last of the big ticket items. yay on laundry and paperwork day. Have a good afternoon

hi d nancy enjoy listening to football! yay on your planning! have a good afternoon!

loving the wins d twins!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:59 pm

so far - making dh nervous because he thinks he should be working outside too. He doesn't like it when I work outside or on repairs... (he can't do certain things and doesn't want to do other things so it is a catch 22 in a sweet way with him.) I still do what I need to do.

all the bushes are trimmed and cleaned up after (it stopped snowing long enough for me to finish)
all the pots are emptied but need cleaning tomorrow.
got rid of all the tomato and pepper and broccoli plants in the compost bin
I think next week is the last week for picking up compost.
dd younger and I took d dog older outside of the yard with younger old dog.. even though she is an old dog she ran... funny thing is I was able to keep up with her. lol. she is still a roamer (but without the hearing and the body) but she was so so happy. She goes up and down in health but today is a happy dog. The woods are right by us and if she had her way she would wobble down there - there are no fences in my neighbourhood and we have a smaller white picket in the back of the house.

next: clean the front door outside.
stop at butcher shop
decorate
now that my computer is working check my accounts

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:09 pm

I need to water today it is dry out here. Game is not till 4:30.
Texted dkids about family farm 4 sale and contact info of the uncle in charge, to get in touch for a met up in Nov. I am not going no bathroom there, plus in-laws make it Mirky. I will look forward to a writing day when that happens. Various family members will be coming and going with business stuff to take care of except one sister.

I have laundry in the dryer. Swept the kitchen a bit, spiffed up the bathrooms. Journaling done. Mail has been processed. Keep on keeping on.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:14 pm

CUOP and CI

I enjoyed my "zone out" day yesterday. At first, I was somewhat concerned that I might be getting depressed. I just wanted to not have to do anything. Then I found myself alone at home for a couple hours and was surprised that my energy level zoomed and I wanted to do something. That gave me a clue that I am just overwhelmed and need to shutdown for a little bit and then reboot. While I was alone at home, I took everything out of my big closet and made decisions what to keep and what to give away. I found it satisfying and so simple to make these decisions when I wasn't trying to multi-task doing other things.

DD offered to take DS10 for the day but he refuses to spend time with her. Politely refuses, but most definitely has his mind made up. DS10 and I talked about his decision and he doesn't have anger toward her, but he just doesn't like how she acts. (cussing and yelling at him & DGD7) DH and I discussed whether we would make DS10 spend time with her. We both voted no. DS10 and DD text with each other but that is as much as he will budge. He noticed and commented to me that they haven't texted since August so even that form of communication between them is almost non-existent. We can't make them have a closer relationship.

I slept in until 9:30am this morning! I am a bit amazed at that. I didn't know I could sleep that late. I slept 13 hours during my "zone out" time. Since I woke up this morning I spent some time at my sewing machine working on a couple projects and have moved furniture around in 3 rooms. I didn't know I was going to do any of that until I found myself doing it. It was just something I wanted to do. I have no plans for the rest of the day. Sometime or another I will eat. Yesterday I ended up fasting for 22 out of the 24 hours. Eventually, my blood sugar dropped low enough to force me to eat something. I guess I am just taking a small vacation from decision making about everything. Even eating.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:27 pm

Kathryn has had to deal with so many "outages" lately (water, elec). I was actually thinking that I missed one upcoming. Also she's been traveling and may have more. But if taking the weekend to decompress away from tech, I certainly applaud that - healing time.

LadyM says:

to shutdown for a little bit and then reboot

Need a thumbs-up icon for that.

Since I woke up this morning I spent some time at my sewing machine working on a couple projects

A merry heart does good like a medicine.

Where I stand right now (quoth blessed):

A heavy cleaning day is winding down here, since rain meant company was unlikely. Front rooms. Some help from dd20, but she left for work long ago. Wall, baseboard and floor washing, much dusting, some declutter. Lots of vacuuming into crevices, both upholstered and otherwise.

Re-decor-ing toward the orange (smile) happened, including a change-out of quilts, in which dd is expert by now, and agile help.
None of the transient "decorating" for holiday (paper stuff) has happened, but I do have crepe paper ready when she and I feel up to twisting it across the dining room ceiling.

I'm tired enough to need a nap before I feel up to showering.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:45 pm

well hello again - it is cold, according to others 8-) , but I am loving it. 38 degrees and windy, grey with a bit of sun and feeling like fall.
I took my car over to car wash and I could see they weren't happy to see me ;) :shock: (38 to 60 is my weather)
I wanted to get it done before I have to drive downtown (hopefully) on Tuesday. I always tip them so I think that helped.

hi d harriet
A merry heart does good like a medicine.
so true
oh I love that you are changing out your quilts (and that your dd is a expert!)

hi d lady
It is good to shut down and do nothing (you have a very busy schedule)! good for you.
also good for you on your work. it feels good making things straightened.
Actually I am proud of your ds and his ability to know what is right for him. I am happy he knows where he is safe and where he is not. I wouldn't push him. he feels safe with you and he must be treated badly by your dd. She needs to make changes to have his trust.
wahoo and sleeping late - you needed it. so happy you spent time with your sewing machine. so fun.

hi d Nancy. cheering you on during you day.

Return to “Post When You Can”