peaceful Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: peaceful Sunday

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:40 pm

Hello I hope your d friend feels better d cathy
your dinner sounded great!
Hope the energy hits you - to just get it over with so you don't have to face it tomorrow morning.

hi d dee - child sounds great, great job on your work

hi d lady - what a great day d lady. glad you are feeling the warmth of being blessed.
so true...the right balance is hard. I am so glad you had a great day
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:47 pm

well dd younger didn't get a good start with the sewing teacher. She got lost on the way to the centre. Thank goodness I drove ahead and could get her there on the phone- I know what it is and was there in 25 minutes but she was lost. She went to the closed down building instead after getting lost getting to that one. . problem is that she got there just when classes started and didn't have her fabric. We had left earlier enough for a half hour to spare for choosing fabric but with her going to their old store she was exactly on time to be able to pick out fabric. I can see the teacher wasn't thrilled. Not a good way for dd to start as she does better with positive friendly people but I understood the teachers feelings. dd did too but it started her lessons out with a stern unhappy start. Once that happens it changes everything for the remainder of the class. She also chose a stripe which is so hard compared to a print. there wasn't any time and I wasn't going to talk her out of it at that point. I got the fabric cut (too much as I wasn't sure about the stripe) and dropped it off by the classroom. keeping fingers crossed. I did see a beautiful blanket for a baby boy to a 5 year old. Thinking about that for nephews future son.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:20 pm

The bread machine didn't make the usual marvelous bread. I had it set on the right cycle and the right colour for the crust ("dark") because the cycle was shorter. The blueberry thing didn't work out either. Actually we aren't familiar with how it should taste, so we aren't exactly sure if it worked out or not. It was very dense and flavourless. To be fair, it sat for almost 4 hours after I made it and I think it is supposed to be served hot.

We will have the leftover veggies tomorrow night. At least there is clean laundry and full bellies to show for the day's work.

Is 6:20 too early to go to bed?
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:22 pm

Blessedw2 I have been lurking but I have been pulled in too many directions lately and I have felt very overwhelmed with my friend relying on me to buy her groceries (with her money) and take her to appointments, etc.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:11 pm

Cathy, it's still very cool that you made such a thoughtful meal even if friend wasn't well enough to enjoy.

blessed, you never know. dd may shine so much in later classes and have so much enjoyment that she and teacher end up having great memories of each other. Agreed that often a stripe is not easy to work with, BUT it can be a stand-out sometimes as well.

Study tonight was not stressful, but only because the stress was a surprise and not expected. Surprise test for me. Surprise responsibility for me. If I'd known the challenges were coming I'd have been stressed out but now I'm just going to put it out of my mind.

Dd had a no-good very bad day at work. The young man came and took her to a movie, so I'm thinking she'll be in a better mood.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:20 pm

it is really hard when you are caring for others. I am so glad you were able to come in!
sorry the bread and the blueberry dish didn't work out. I had that with a dish I made the other day. no rhyme or reason - it just happens.
have a lovely evening!

I too am ready to sleep. 8-). dd younger said the teacher was really not happy with her at first but after she got to know her and that she tried hard, it made a difference. All good!

went out to dinner (planned) with d mom, dd's.
chicken stock in the freezer.

since I didn't cook dinner- no dishes :D :D :D - the stock dishes were done before going out.

d harriet - You are a sweetheart!!! hoping your sweet dd has a better night!
It's good when you don't have to worry ahead. It makes the stressful situation worse. hoping the challenges are minimal.

sweet dreams all or for d lynn good day to you!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:22 pm

Cathy, sorry your friend couldn't come after all your work. I had that happen to me a few weeks ago but they came later. By then the food wasn't tip-top. I was disappointed. Anyway, now you have leftovers and a clean kitchen!

Church was nice. Friend brought me some spaghetti sauce and noodles so we had that for dinner, I made a salad. Her sauce is better than mine. 8-)

I've been tired. Last night I couldn't get to sleep for hours. Then I woke up early. I can always tell when I'm worried or stressed by how I sleep. Ended up napping for a couple hours after lunch. I got some chicken thawed out for tomorrow's cooking experiment. I've been making new recipes out of a new cookbook. Yesterday I made Spanish Rice. Lots of chopping things for that one.

Have some plans for tomorrow in my head. I'll see how that plays out.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:02 pm

I think we have missed a very important birthday today.

Happy birthday Lady M! I hope it’s been a wonderful day!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:13 pm

Happy birthday lady M.

I was able to find jeweler to do the work at the rock and gem show.

Finds from the thrift shop I clouded a new to me franklyn planner cover, tri fold version the look s like a clutch in my favorite size.
Quite a few books on the craft of writing one on crafting a Mary Englebrit one how fun is that?

Had a nice walk with the dog.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:36 pm

OH!!! So glad I checked in in time time to wish a HAPPY BIRTHDAY to LadyM!!!

I have slept most of the weekend, I guess I must admit. I must have narcolepsy. Isn't that what it's called? I think I could sleep 24 hours a day. Maybe 21... I'd get hungry sometimes.
We were home this weekend, and I certainly took advantage of it. I actually slept through most of our ballgame on TV. Then slept a long time this afternoon.
DGS was here last night and we went to church, and then he came home and ate lunch with us. I took him home afterwards.

He was so sweet in church, actually followed along with the readings and the hymns. He has the sweetest voice right now. I kinda dread when he grows up and gets a "man" voice. He was very proud of himself (he said) for being so good and "keeping my head down during the prayer and singing when everyone else sang and saying hello to everyone during the greeting time."

I have a situation at church -- I'll put that in J&C...
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”