(((HUGS))) and prayers for so many of our village feeling under the weather and/or having medical procedures tomorrow or soon -- ddil gets a dental implant on Wednesday, so I will include her in that number also!
She also sees a rheumatologist on Monday for the first time, and is concerned about the high cost of some common medications that she may (or may not be!) prescribed -- so we all need to be looking for the half-full glass on that situation.
DGS has to see an eye doctor Monday also -- eyesight screening at school has him at 20/40 vision, and suggested he get a check-up with real eye doctor.
& family, especially ds))) -- I am so sorry about the ddog.Harriet
so difficult to decide about the time given to groups, even groups that are pleasant and helpful.
This is certainly true. My SS situation falls into this category. I know we are not as involved as we perhaps should be at church, but I feel dh and I both have a very strong faith, and right now, between babysitting and doing some of the things we want to do, we do feel we are stretched about as far as we feel we can go.
ALSO said -- BUSY is happening...
This is the PODA activities around here for the week...
* Tomorrow * -- teacher group lunch, carpooling to some lady's house out in the forest, I have no idea how long we will be gone. She is a published author apparently and everyone who knows her is very excited about this trip. I told dh I think I will go -- despite my anxiety disorder! -- "b/c I am desperate for mature conversation." LOL
He said, "I'm not mature?" I just LOL...
* Tomorrow night * -- starting about 3:30, actually, we will be on Granddaddy & Nana Duty, since ds needs afternoon babysitter and ddil has 7:00 a.m. dentist appt Wed.
* Wednesday * -- I will take dgs to school and then have dgd till they return from dentist, at which time we will be going to school for Grandparents Week/Book Fair & possibly lunch... and Wed. night, I may possibly accompany them to a fall festival at a neighboring church -- I may be needed b/c ds & ddil may both be providing music with our church bluegrass band.
* Thursday * -- we are taking them to the county fair here in town
* Friday * -- our only chance to see our local high school football team
* Saturday * -- dbil and Xdsisil are having lunch w/dniece and nephew at dbil's house (next door) and we are invited, after which ddil wants me to accompany them to ANOTHER fall festival and dgs will spend the night...
* Sunday * -- church again and I told ddil, who volunteered to do children's church, that I would assist if needed
* Monday * -- keep dgd while ddil goes to rheumatologist
I don't think there is anything on the calendar for a week from today, but next Wed. will be Halloween and I will likely accompany ddil again b/c ds will be out of town.
HOW IN THE WORLD do some of you keep up this pace all the time???
In the meantime, the laundry is piling up and my "colorist" is also saying "ME ME ME * and I have still not typed the church council notes from the 11th... and I must get birthday presents ordered for dgd!
DH does not want me to spend Christmas money until after Thanksgiving, and I guess that might be wise... but I'm trying to get prepared. I've started my Christmas Countdown cards, and I figure I can put things in my "cart" on A mazon and hold it till shopping day. Maybe they'll put things on sale for Black Friday too?
-- I love it!
I would rather deal with pessimists than people who are convinced that positive thinking solves everything.
I can see both sides of this issue, Elizabeth
. DH here is much like Dee's
sil, I think. DH's philosophy is to "Prepare for the worst and maybe you will be pleasantly surprised."
OTOH, ds goes blissfully through life, assuming that "Things usually have a way of working out for the best," and usually, he is right.
I want to see myself as an optimist, but I know with all the anxiety issues and worry I display, I probably need to work on this quality a little more.
Waving to EVERYONE