Missed it Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Missed it Monday

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:25 am

Completely missed it! :oops: yep, missed wishing Lady M a Happy Birthday yesterday. Hope a happy day continues for you today!! Think I was out of it all day & never checked our date page.

Is there something you missed yesterday or even this morning? Maybe you can recover today. Know I have to recover some days in getting ready to move from north to south in a week. Today will ne buts as dh has his cardiologist appointment at 6:30 tonight. Latest we've ever seen him.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Re: Missed it Monday

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:00 am

That's a perfect theme for today, Dee, thank you for your creative thinking!

So glad we have another chance to celebrate LadyM today!

I have a quiet day - dh is out bowling tonight. I have someone coming at 1:30ish about blinds on the back of the house. We're giving in to the western sun and trying to be able to block it. We can't use our kitchen table more than half the year because the sun is just too much - right in someone's eyes and too bright. We usually just drop it this time of year because the time changes in a week and it won't be a problem again until spring/summer. Torn on what to do - we hate to block our beautiful view any more than we have to as well.

Last Pro gen assignment is due on Thursday - this is revision and final for the family narrative we turned in last month on the 25th. Hummm, perhaps I should go to the library this afternoon for some last minute research?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:38 am

Happy birthday LadyM.

I had my 2nd outing to a new to me support group today.
I'm not sure it is worth rearranging all my life around this group, though a supportive group to share with is always a help. It is shared between 2 facilitators, so now I've met both. I think I am coming from way out left field from them. …

not sure about it at all. I just know I need to do something different. Make some change in how I live and what I do.
Fibro fatigue is rampant again, but then I'm not particularly looking after myself so well.
Pulling back on some not quiet food choices, and need to make an effort to cook what suits.
that may be part of the fatigue, though so may knocking myself out in the yard do the same.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:44 am

Awe! Thank you for the birthday wishes! I purposely turned off the FB notification so friends won't get a reminder from FB about my birthday. I appreciate each and every BD acknowledgment but don't get my feelings hurt in the slightest if it is not mentioned.

I feel so much better after my 48 hours of "zoning out". IMHO, most everyone benefits from withdrawing for a period of time. I am always a bit uncomfortable about the process because it can be a sign of mental trouble. It can also be the opposite.... a time of mental reboot & strength building. I am thankful for the time and the clarity brought to several situations that I was pondering.

Today's most important thing is helping DS10 prepare for his very first speech contest and a more heart-wrenching event. We will be taking DS10 dog to the vet. The logistics make it extra hard because this is the 80 lb dog that refuses to move if you put a leash on it and it absolutely refuses to enter any building/structure. *sigh* I don't know how we are getting this large dog to load up into a vehicle and then to get it inside the vet clinic but it has to be done. We strongly suspect this 3-year-old Great Pyrenees has had a stroke or something. DH suspects a brain tumor. So DS10 has 2 emotional events to today. His first ever speech contest and the devastating change in his dog status.

It's times like this that the SHE cards become especially important. I need to stay focused on doing the next thing.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:48 am

:D Happy Birthday d Lady!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:57 am

is it okay if I put up Missed it 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018.... :lol:

best wishes today for your dh and his appointment d dee. Thank you for starting us. and yes I missed things I had planned to do.

hi d twins
I understand how the sun going down during certain times is super bright! good luck on finding an answer.
happy finishing your project for thursday... may it be smooth and easy.

Good evening to you d Lynlee
sometimes programs and groups fit and sometimes they don't - you will know! best wishes with that.
I am so sorry you are having a flair up. so painful! Hope it calms down fast.
hope you can rest tonight.

hello d birthday week to you d lady! I feel the same way about the birthdays - I love celebrating others but don't like the attention on me. I love my birthdays as a day to relax. praying for your ds and his d dog.

hello all!!!

Hoping to switch out home blessing for outside work.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:20 am

LadyM, there are "mobile vets" that will come you if you want to try that first. My dcousin J uses a mobile vet for her dog, Caspar. She is elderly and there is no way she can make Caspar get into a car. He's not that big, but he's lean and determined he's not going there.

-Breakfast and meds
-make the bed
-brush teeth, et al
-walk the dog
-finish kitchen clean up
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:30 am

Will be thinking of you and your two monumental occasions with DS10, LadyM.

I have been very lazy this morning and I surely can't afford any more of that today or this week for that matter. Have way too much to do. Was going to try to fit in rehab this afternoon before dh's appointment with his cardiologist. But that would mean leaving much too early for dh and leaving a large time span between the time rehab closes (5pm) and dh's appointment (across the street at 6:30). So I've decided to try to get some exercising in here at home during the day and not leave until a little after 5:30. Plan to drop dgd23's shower gift off at friends on our way in. Stop on the way home at T im H Orton's for one of our final meals there for this year.

I made a big batch of chili last night and that should take us through a couple of days. I then have the makings for tuna casserole. Plan pizza for dinner Thursday and as many of our family as can go, plan on dinner out Friday night. Won't be cooking after that as we don't need any more left overs. I'd offer some chili to dsonil but afraid he wouldn't care for it as it has tomato pieces in it. (When I make it at their house I blend the tomatoes so they're pure'ed.) I'd hate to have him toss it.

Speaking of dsonil, he stopped by last night to ask if we had another space heater as the one we gave him the day before wasn't heating well enough. :ugeek: I finally asked him if he was trying to heat their whole camper with just that one little space heater?? Sure enough, he'd turned the furnace off the night before (trying to save propane). Uh, no......one space heater will not heat the whole place in 30 degree weather! A camper, he's not. Knew he'd told dd that the space heater was pretty useless and he could 'probably get more heat from a hair dryer'. DD was so frustrated with his 'whining'. :lol: Oh well, it's hard to change a very negative person...just laugh and live with it.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:32 am

cheering you on in your day d twins. you are well under way!! good for you.

I am suddenly feeling tired. weird.

I feel really lazy too d dee! great job on menus
your d sil is making me giggle - esp. where you said he is not a camper. lol - praying for sanity for your sweet dd :D

My morning routine is calling me to be done with it but I want to get the outdoors done first. I am afraid that I will be exhausted and not want to do the work outdoors. I had a sore throat all night - figuring I am getting a cold.

I also have to stop by target for labels for Christmas
and cat food.
I have 2 presents to wrap. waiting for one more to finish so I can mail it to Florida (my d mom and d bro and wife spend christmas eve and morning at her house). Hoping to mail it early so that dd younger can put it away so my d mom doesn't put it somewhere she will forget it.

got another gift in which I am happy i did it - it's for the funny white elephant on Christmas eve.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:55 am

praying for sanity for your sweet dd
-Thanks, Blessed. She IS sweet and gets so frustrated with dsonil's 'glass half empty' attitude. Right now we're praying he finds 'permanent' job when he gets back to FL next week. Though he may say not so, his record shows he's pretty content with dd carrying the load. :? He has worked up here for a friend ever since the end of March, but definitely hates the cold.

Return to “Post When You Can”