Wednesday's Work

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Wednesday's Work

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:36 am

What is Wednesday's work? Remember the little ditty about early basic weekly plans?

Wash on Monday,
Iron on Tuesday,
Bake on Wednesday,
Brew on Thursday,
Churn on Friday,
Mend on Saturday,
Go to meeting on Sunday.

What's your work for Wednesday, this week? We can be flexible, and our work is certainly different, but let's get to work together!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: Wednesday's Work

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:38 am

Ah, I hope I'm in the right place today!

I need to have dMuffin to the vet for a toe trim i.e. nails, in just a few minutes so I'll be out the door.

My focus today is citations for my Pro Gen assignment. I've decided that I shouldn't spend time on additional real estate transactions and analysis until I'm good on citations. I have a bunch that I need to wrap up, need to look up the format and get done first.

Later!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:58 am

what generation/time did that come from... i never saw it before that I know of. thanks for sharing!
cheering you on as you finish your work for tomorrow d twins!!!

I can't wait to work with you and everyone!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:10 am

Brew on Thursday. Hum.....wonder what that could involve? Interesting possibilities

My Wednesday is the same every week and fairly structured in order to fit everything in. The biggest variable is what time we stop homeschooling to allow time for errands on the way to band class. I want to get some canned pumpkin and spices for some baking being planned for later this week. DS10 is going to attempt some pumpkin-based entries into a 4H contest this weekend.

I made some changes to my SHE cards to make them visually easier on the eyes. Also I started the process of adding WHY I do each card.

I bought the audible version of the Atomic Habit book. I did it on a whim so am questioning if I really want to read it (or in my case... listen to it being read to me). I'm a sucker for anything to do with automating habits.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:19 am

Long story ... long... 8-) yesterday we went with d mom and she was mighty cranky - everything negative - she ate and felt better and then got cranky again - then a coffee and a snack for her at 4 pm at Pete's coffee in Winnetka (we took an alternate road home because the highway was impassable) and she was content again. dd younger made her realize she was like that commercial where "you are not yourself" when your hungry and d mom laughed and we all laughed. I have to admit I said a swear word under my breath while driving towards downtown because she was so negative and ornery - my goodness - swearing is not my normal - and dd younger was in the front seat with me - "Mom, swearing, is NOT a great colour on you"! She was right. Thank goodness we all ended up laughing.

Mom did find the sweaters she was looking for which was great. now it is off my mind. We had a lovely lunch. it turned into a lovely day.

dd older is having a tough time at work as she is still stuck doing most of the 2 jobs even though they hired an expensive employee to take over the job she is not supposed to be part of. the woman seems unable and not wanting to stay even the 8 hours and can't keep up physically with the job which is intense any way. praying dd finds her way. we shall see.

today: I have to finish outside work (except hanging the Christmas lights. - that's next week)
I will be getting hello fresh today and I will see how that works
- checking, charge card check
-desk day filing
-call on one christmas present
-daily routines
-french
-fitness
-anti procrastination: I have not brushed the dogs in one week. old dog is getting thinner - still very happy.

d lady - enjoy your book. good morning

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:27 am

Ah, I hope I'm in the right place today!
Ah, yes you are, Twins. :D

I'm finally up and at 'em. (She says hopefully). It was a bad night on non-sleep. Have rehab this afternoon. The weather here is just so crummy and is supposed to be until after we're scheduled to leave. Indian Summer hasn't even happened yet. I predict it will be the first week of November.

Meds are done and now time for a bit of breakfast. Really need to 'get into it' as far as getting everything ready and done here!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:39 am

Back from my early trip out. It didn't take long at the vet, dMuffin had her "toes trimmed" and she is so easy one vet tech did it quickly. I took her to the greenway park where I used to take Chief (of blessed memory) and we did a little walk there. I think she was tired but I know she liked the new smells there!

LadyM, let us know how you like the book. Just looked at it on Amazon, but will await your comments.

-hang up laundry I started earlier and start a second delicate load
-make the bed
-floss
-upstairs to work!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:41 am

blessed, if they had those constant-blood-sugar-monitor patches ready for the average person yet, your mother would be an excellent candidate. She sounds like she's having blood sugar lows, if it is relieved by snacks. Can't help but wonder what a 24-hour bs monitoring record would look like for her. Of course it could just be that she is tired and the break for eating helps.

I like blessed's dd's thought. :) not a good color at all.

Like Dee, we had dreadful nights here. HRH awakened in the night feeling feverish and sure enough had a fever of 100. So I don't know what that means for us. He's here at home today. So far he's a very good "patient" this a.m. In the night it was another story - he would have been in the running for the worst! Thankfully, dd20 hardly had to know about it. Since she had to get up so early for a third long work day so far this week, I was determined to let her sleep, at least, and then he was asleep while she was getting ready.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:04 am

Finding "PROCRASTINATION" seems to be my pretty steady companion. So, I'm jotting every single LITTLE thing I do, hoping that all those accomplishments put together will be enough to spur me on to bigger things. My mind knows I only have 5 days to get ready and still I keep putting it all off.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:14 pm

interesting d harriet. She probably has sugar ups and downs all her life. She is a constant muncher all of your life. She was 98 lbs most of her adult life until they destroyed her over active thyroid. Now she runs 127 to 130 which she can't stand. She does need to eat multiple times a day! I will make sure I bring her type of snack in case she forgets. Her blood tests are perfect all away around. It really makes sense. thank you!

lol - yes not a good colour!!! dd even touched my arm when she said it. (very sweetly and motherly :D)
(((hoping your dh feels better)))
hope today is great.

d dee I hope tonight you get the rest you want. it's so hard to have nights like that. hope d harriet and her dh also as a great night sleep tonight.
hope you have a great day.

hi d twins. ((I am so glad you had found memories going for a lovely walk with muffin! )
have a great day

Return to “Post When You Can”