Wednesday's Work

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Wednesday's Work

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:18 pm

I did a whole morning of checking account, charge account, bill paying, filing, planning for art institute for the holidays (they have a neat program on conserving photographs from the past exhibit.) , dd younger and d brother figured out when she will take d mom to florida, writing thank you notes. adding things to calendar, handling d mom's medical stuff.

I still have to do a bit but the majority is done.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:24 pm

WTG, Blessed! I wrote out the checks for our invoices for septic and electric. Septic emptying was $180.90 and we owed $563.74 for electric (after they deducted our $95 deposit we paid in the spring). So that's done -just need to take it down to the office and we'll be paid up until probably next Fall. (We paid our entire 'rent' and the $95 deposit back in September). Figured we weren't earning much interest on that money and it's done and we don't have to think about being sure there's enough money in the checking account come spring. I am a little nervous as our balance is obviously dropping down and there's our health insurance payment that comes out monthly and that's substantial. I will be sure to get our taxes done as soon as we can in February/March so we can deposit that return. Dh does have checks coming from the campground and his disability check should keep on through the middle of December (I'm hoping). We have other sources but I don't like to touch them if I can help it.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:54 pm

Getting ready to go to Book Fair at dgs' school... dh all in a tizzy b/c he thinks he's running late and this takes time out of his day that -- for reasons beyond my comprehension -- is already tightly scheduled. I don't understand at ALL. DH has all this * stuff * in his head that he HAS TO do each day... and it's really NOTHING that seems urgent to me. Men. Who can explain them???
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:09 pm

Blessed w w when ever you are with your mom take snacks for her in a bag and hand her one, we call em anti cranky eats here. Got a new bs meter it was around twenty dollars. They only hold 3 mo. Worth of readings in the memory so I was due for a new one.
I had a low #66 in the nite.

I have done 1 load of Laundry.
Got some words down for filling in my outlines for a couple of projects.
Cleaned old food out of fridge forgot on trash day.
Vacuumed the bedrooms.
Did pax. 7 min. On stat bike.
We have fog here today.
Washed the dogs dishes.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:35 pm

Hi everyone! My work is off schedule today. Got in late due to cats' vet trip. No issues - it was just for microchip. I will stay late so I don't have to burn vacation time. Or is it sick leave? I did see a doctor (of vet med). I won't be baking, just not much of a desert person. I certainly need some people for brew on Thursday. I bought way too much beer for the party! I would love to give it out to trick or treaters' parents, but I am not sure of the legality. Once word got around, I'll bet all the beer would be out of my house. Leave it on neighbors' doorsteps with a note from the Beer Fairy?

The big shock of yesterday was that the x has actually provided receipts! And the data that looked like Quicken entries? He downloaded another copy from the insurance and printed it in my presence. He said he didn't want to do it on my computer. My browser asks if you want to save passwords and he could just click no, but I understand the reluctance. He tried to print off expenses from 2017, but I reminded him it had to be timely and he backed down. DD16 did homework, no surprise. I cleaned up a lot of Halloween - organizing and labeling the bins and putting some stuff in the donate bin.

Tonight (after working later), I will take the Halloween stuff to Goodwill while they can still get a good price. Nothing wrong with the stuff, just too much and impractical for my house. I will not be able to complete the examination of the paperwork from the x, but I will make copies so I can return the originals to him tomorrow. (I would NOT have handed over the originals!) Some LOLs will also get done, especially put away of the stuff on my bed. More Halloween undecorating will be done as well.

blessedw2: Thyroid problems WILL cause blood sugar problems, not just crankiness, but migraines and nausea. At least that has been the experience of three generations of my family members AND the owners of many older cats. Oddly though, our organization has also seen significant improvements in temperaments of some hyperthyroid cats, including my own Cleo, who became a party kitty, welcoming strangers, even in large quantities. A cat enjoying a 50 person Halloween party is a rare sight.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:13 pm

Morning...

The wash on Monday poem originated in England and brought over by the women on the Mayflower. The purpose of the poem was to allow the women in a village or town would all be doing the same chores on the same day. Both washing and ironing took a whole day. Washing on Monday’s would allow to clean your Sunday close before the staines set in. Mending on Wensdays allow women to visit each other to chat while doing their work. However the Mayflower version said bake on Wensday and mend on Saturdays

Brewing on Thursday was done so people could go to town/village to shop and pick up supplies. This provided a time to meet and greet and gossip a bit with people you and only saw on Thursday.

The idea was so everything was done in a fashion and your home would be clean with fresh food for Sunday, which provided a day of rest before starting the wash on Mondays which was considered the most laborious job of all.

It is also believed if all women followed this poem, they would not be interrupted by other women during the week.

A version of this poem can also be found in “The Little House in the Big Woods” and is the weekly schedule that Laura’s mother followed and taught to her daughters.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:33 pm

I am just now settling in to work - had a good morning with dMuffin, then as I was moving my computer upstairs to my office earlier, my massage therapist called and had had a cancellation - he asked if I wanted to come in earlier, so I did. And then I came home, had lunch and a little nap...

So by waiting, I now have a land bounty file I had ordered from the National Archives too. It came in my email a few minutes ago.

And I'm off....
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:37 pm

thank you d elizabeth! her thyroid is beautiful! she just had everything checked. This woman eats all day and I think when we went downtown she hadn't had her midmorning snack - her metabolism runs fast and she only sleeps 4 hours a day. She eats 2-3 packages of oatmeal first thing in the morning but if I think about it she didn't have anything else until 11:45. She always eats in between meals so she must have been running empty. (hence cranky mom ;) )

hello d rose
thank you for sharing that information about the poem! so cool.
loved it!

hello d elizabeth sorry your day is off schedule. Yay on him getting it for you!!!
You had your party? I will have to look. Hope you had a wonderful time

I love that anti-cranky eats, d Nancy!
I know that low blood sugar feels awful - hope you feel better now.
yay on your work

hello d lucy. yes who can explain men lol :lol:
hope he relaxes and you all have a lovely time at the book fair

hello d dee - great on the paying those off. prices always hit me but once they are paid it is a relief. hope it is a wonderful relief for you having that payment out of the way! praying that money is more than enough for the insurance payment!

hello d twins!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:39 pm

my calendars are added to
my card file is straightened again
recycled more
my l*st is done for today

I haven't started my dailies yet.
Need to call on dog meds
Need to call for hair cut appointments up until after Christmas.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:56 pm

I'm sure there'll be sufficient in that bank account, Blessed. We do have funds in our savings at that bank so can transfer if I need to this winter. We have finances coming in here and there but we like to keep them separated. Dh's 'old' bank from his Kodak days -we do all our campground fees and health care from there. It's easier to keep track of in that way. Plus dh has a few checks coming in over the next few months and then there's our retirement and let's not leave out good ol' social security. ;)
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Return to “Post When You Can”