Thursday Time

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Thursday Time

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:13 pm

waving at you d lucy, ,d rose, d harriet, d harmony, d nancy, d dee and d everyone.

thank you for being so kind!

I have to make dinner - loving how the hello fresh is set up. Might be a great idea for planning meals.
errand day is done.
got Christmas name tags for presents.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:14 pm

does anyone know how I can get amazon gift cards?
it is always a joy to be here with you!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:29 pm

TOP PRIORITIES
[x] s2s, including a visit with my colorist. That takes approx 90 min from naked to dry hair.
[/] laundry
[x] Type church council minutes, email (35 minutes, included doing some photos)
[x] AND teacher group minutes email (35 min)

ALSO IN MY CARDS FOR THE DAY/WEEK Divided these into approx 30 min blocks, and unknown blocks

[x] Transfer pictures from phone to computer (12-15 min)

[x] Check/refile dates to remember and inspiration cards for my card file (10 min -- while talking to dmom on phone)

[ ] Set up dmom's med dispenser for next week (Time ??)

[/] S/S toilets (5 min)
[x] Clean dh's shower (5 min)

[ ] Clean bathroom mirrors (10-15 min) and storm doors (??)

[ ] WHB dusting -- 2 15-min blocks -- approx 30 min -- for public areas of house

[ ] 10-15 for master bedroom and bath
Tomorrow is another day.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:17 pm

Thursday time was through a worm hole and somewhere else for me.
I got myself ready for an appointment, then sat around having somehow told myself the an hour later was when the appointment was supposed to be.
Where was I ? said the receptionist, as I was waiting for the bus that comes 40 min before appointment.
Anyway.
Scouts pace from bus stop to appointment, what was left of it. only I was doing 10 job to 10 walking pace I/L running to walking.

My task is better self care.
recently refound bujo has been written up minimally for this last week of Oct, and had a stab at checklist for next month.

to lib and groceries now.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:48 pm

Brrrrr... much too cold and wet for the fair -- it's closed, anyway. We ended up just taking ds & family out to eat. (DDIL had "sorta" suggested that last night. I'm so glad she feels comfortable enough with us to do that. I cannot believe how well things have worked out, thinking back to how terrified I was before ds got married. Proof that I should never, ever trust my "gut reaction." My gut reaction is always to run away in fright.)

DH and I are going to a movie in a little while.

I have the second load of clothes in the washer and I need to s/s the center bath. I may do dmom's meds tonight as well.

(((Lynlee))) -- so aggravating when times get mixed up like that! Glad you made the appt anyway.

WTG to blessed's ddoc! I totally agree -- you must work on your self-esteem and purpose. :D You are one of the most caring, kind people I know... yet you are always so hard on yourself. YOUR well-being and happiness are just as important as anyone else's, and you must remember that!

Checking in again...
TOP PRIORITIES
[x] s2s, including a visit with my colorist. That takes approx 90 min from naked to dry hair.
[x] laundry
[x] Type church council minutes, email (35 minutes, included doing some photos)
[x] AND teacher group minutes email (35 min)

ALSO IN MY CARDS FOR THE DAY/WEEK
Divided these into approx 30 min blocks, and unknown blocks

[x] Transfer pictures from phone to computer (12-15 min)

[x] Check/refile dates to remember and inspiration cards for my card file (10 min)

[x] Set up dmom's med dispenser for next week (20 min)

[x] S/S toilets (5 min)
[x] Clean dh's shower (5 min)

[ ] Clean bathroom mirrors (10-15 min) and storm doors (??)

[ ] WHB dusting -- 2 15-min blocks -- approx 30 min -- for
-- [ ] public areas of house
-- [ ] master bedroom and bath
Last edited by lucylee on Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is another day.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:27 pm

Blessed, once I had to get Ama zon gift card for DGS who asked everybody for them for his birthday. Couldn't find them anywhere around here (naturally, stores don't want the competition) but did find them at Wal greens. I don't know if you have that drug store in your location, but I'd try the drug stores.

So I got a little energy from somewhere and got some dusting done, swish & swipe, bed made (other one already done). Also got a big pot of chili made in case I have to make a quick lunch or dinner while they're here. It's going to be a quick in and out. They have a 25-yr HS reunion get together to attend. They're also taking both mothers (me!) and friend's DM to brunch and a matinee movie. When I made noises about not going DD said she wouldn't have a Mother there! So I'll go but take my own car in case I have to make a quick trip back...hopefully not...

I'd been thinking oh thank goodness I don't have to baby proof the house like I used to have to do. Then I remembered the 2 dogs DD is bringing. Dogs are still in the chewing stage...so I started stashing shoes away from their spots at the doors, etc.

S2Rollers.

Going to take it easy. Enough work for tonight.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:31 pm

A dog turned up after its owner a gal 60 plus yr old cooking for a hunting camp went missing.

Dinner is over here.
I need to reboot the dishwasher.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:33 pm

I always buy Amazon gift cards online. You can email them to the person or print them off.

Home from going to back-to-back events. STEM meeting.....library to return/check out books...... then visit with DMom ......then to Robotics meeting......then attended a debate between the 2 people running for a House Seat.

I didn't meet my card goal for the day. I try to complete 80 cards each day but that is hard to do when I have multiple activities away from home. I did get 74 cards completed and I'm content with that. I'm not going to push myself to stay up late so I can meet my self-imposed goal.

Tomorrow is another day. Clean Slate and a fresh start.

Sweet Dreams
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:02 pm

I'm a little impressed with myself, y'all. For someone who started the day so late, I've managed to get quite a few things checked off my list!
I just updated for the last time. Tomorrow's TOP PRIORITIES will be
[ ] Clean bathroom mirrors (10-15 min) and storm doors (time ??) and
[ ] WHB dusting -- 2 15-min blocks -- approx 30 min --
-- [ ] public areas of house
-- [ ] master bedroom and bath
Tomorrow night we are also planning to go to high school football game and take dgs. The weather is expected to clear off sometime tomorrow afternoon. Although... checking now... 50% chance of rain and 53 degrees at game time. Low tomorrow is 48. It is beginning to feel chilly here!

I believe I have seen Amazon gift cards at CVS drug stores here, and possibly at Walmart. Maybe not at Walmart -- but I know Walmart does have a lot of gift cards -- various restaurants, etc.

I wonder why my back feels so stiff and sore all the time. I don't notice any discomfort in bed -- and dh LOVES our mattress. It is waaay past the time it should have been replaced, but dh says if he sleeps on a hotel mattress more than 2 nights, he can't wait to get back to our own bed, and that HIS back never hurts from our bed. Of course, that doesn't mean it's right for ME, just because it's right for him. But I have really been noticing an achy feeling when I lift something, and something when I am just doing nothing, and it feels like it's about to get a "catch" in it, if y'all know what I mean. Maybe I need a massage...
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”