Thursday Time

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Ramblinrose

Re: Thursday Time

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:15 am

Morning...

Elizabeth... I already have most of my Cmas ordered, delivered and paid for. Still have a bit more but hope to have the rest son before turkey day

Ladym... since I was a child, I’ve always been very aware of time. I’m lucky, my internal clock is very accurate so I am always aware of time. If I leave the house to do errands I always tell Sweetie when I expect to be home. Even if I’m gone for hours I end up being back right on time, and I don’t wear a watch. If I need to wake up in the morning I seldom if ever set an alarm. My brother is the same way and has never used an alarm. Somehow I am always conscious of time. It’s only when I am involved with reading that I loose track of time.

Having the gift of time has been a pleasure since I am completely retired now. After doing so for many years I no longer follow any type of schedule. It’s strange some times especially at night because I am such a creature of habit concerning my sleeping. But sometimes when I’m into reading a book I have to remind myself I can stay up as late as I want before I go to sleep.

Now, unless I’ve decided the night before, I get up each day and plan to do what ever I want. No rush or gotta do it type thing. The only problem I have with time is during the winter. Here I live on the western edge of the time zone. That means the sun doesn’t rise until 7:15 so it is very dark till then. My body clock has always worked with the sun ...I get up when it rises and stop when it gets dark. I seldom if ever go out after dark and never sleep late. However winter sun rise is tough on me cause if I sleep past 7 I feel like I am wasting my day.

On the other hand the summer sunrise here at the desert is 5:10 and is as bright. Because of this I’m lucky to sleep past 5:30 even if I go to bed at midnight.

Perry’s on and my coffee is waiting... waving to y’all.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:39 am

I have been in the shower & dried my hair. Put anti flea meds on dog. Called for her overdue apt. For shots. My goal to get her in before Nov. 1st. So next week we got an apt. Mon. I spiffed up the bathroom, and picked up the living room. Got 30 min. Of exercise on stat bike done.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:42 am

hello d rose! yay on your christmas cards ordered
how lucky to have such a great internal clock. good for you! enjoy perry! . I will say that loosing time when reading is wonderful.

It sounds silly but most of the summer and fall I can tell the time by the sun. always have. Maybe bc I was outdoors a lot as a kid

cheering you Elizabeth as you prepare for Christmas

You are looking pretty d nancy. how nice - shower to shoes
yay on your spiffing and on your exercise!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:45 am

trying to stay focused - I have the terrible I don't wanna's again. feeling cranky :roll: :shock: ;)
i know it's bc I have the dr. appointment today

added to things done on dailies:
looked for and found dishes in the house, looked and found garbage throughout the house and is now outside,
brought down towels from upstairs and washing them
counters cleaned, sink cleaned
stove cleaned
tossed things from fridge
watered plants

next fold and put away laundry that was in the dryer last night.
pulling out timer bc I am getting cranky and need to focus on getting daily things finished.

another load of laundry put away
another load thrown in to washer
one load folded and put away
dh is doing the cat litter (every 2 weeks) i clean it daily, dogs I do most days but sometimes dh helps and mowed the back yard inside the fence (once a week)

the landscape company is cutting the rest of the grass and will start fall clean up - it's crazy how much they charge but dh can't do it any more and I am working on the house repairs etc.

Next: do the last thing on the dailies (beside dinner routine) - vacuum the first floor (will be done later as I am running out of time) - did my home blessing upstairs as I missed it Monday.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:21 pm

Do you mean your posts beginning July 27th or September 10th, Blessed. I can take them (it) down for you but I'll save the posts for you in my word documents.....just in case.

I've been getting a lot of packing/consolidating done. Now dh has taken a few things and put them in our trunk. He really thought we had a lot more going as I've just been 'tossing' things pretty much in a heap out here that I wanted to be sure to pack. He proudly announced that the trunk isn't even half full up to now. I do have several bags (4 to be exact) of groceries that I am just reluctant to leave behind or give away.

Waiting on DS-A to call dh so he can winterize their Motorhome. Meanwhile dh has one more to do this afternoon. He's also waiting on that guy to come in so he can do it. :?

DD should be in around 6:45 tonight. She and dsonil are stopping in a town east of us to pick up pizza and wings. They were going to stop somewhere for supper on the way from the airport, but I have a gift card to this pizza shop (and it's usually good). Wanted to use that card up because you just never know.....will they still be here next year? Already had one $25 gift card declined in the next town over as it was a year old. Supposedly they can't put a time limit on them but......So we just didn't go there.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:23 pm

yes perfect! that would be great - you don't have to save them. but thank you!!! (ends at September 14).

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:32 pm

Done, Blessed. That was easy.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:49 pm

I wanted to comment on a couple yesterday-evening posts but am overwhelmed and haven't gotten to today.

My dinner is mostly vegetables so it takes a lot of time and chewing to get through it.

LadyM, I heard a quote about that and my brain has lost the source of it - sorry. But the point was that if it takes you a long time to chew and eat, you're probably eating things to make your body's cells will be happier, because they are all getting their wish-lists fulfilled. :)

((Harmony)) it's not that I'm so surprised you had that experience in dr's office, but I can just imagine how you felt. When he gets home in the evening, he probably has a lot to tell you, but it's amazing those things are not at the top of the list of importance!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:44 pm

Blesses...

I can tell time by the sun too. I was and am an outdoor girl as well. Use the sun to tell n,e,s,w as well. And I taught my son how to make a sun dial with a circle drawn in the dirt or beach sand with a stick. Did that as a kid too 8-)
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:53 pm

The camper who's been helping dh with all the winterizing just left -literally 'one happy camper'. He figured his share that dh would be giving him might be around $500 -dh just gave him an envelope with over $1,200 in it. He dropped it on the floor when dh told him how much was in there -cash. :lol: Obviously worth his time. He and his significant other plan to leave here Saturday morning -after he and dh winterize their camper.

I'm taking a break -was putting up dh's meds for the next week or so. But my left hand started cramping. So I'll give it a rest.

Return to “Post When You Can”