Thursday Time

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Thursday Time

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:13 am

Are you aware of time passing?
Do you track how much time it takes to do something?
Can you ignore time?
Does time matter to you?

Please share your opinion about time
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Re: Thursday Time

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:23 am

Due to my sidetracking ways, I need to set alarms to let me know it is time to do something that can not wait. Otherwise, I can float through the day and constantly be surprised by how much time has passed.

I had a good start to my day. Although I slept less than my goal, I woke up feeling well rested and ready to get started.

DMIL arrived at our home before 8am. DH is taking her to a medical appointment. He will take her out to eat afterward. I encouraged him to treasure these one-on-one times with his DMom.

Other activities that have a TIME attached to them today include -
** 1pm DS10 to STEM activities with other homeschoolers. He will also return library books and check out new books to read.
** 3:45p Get DGD7 from school, feed snack and monitor her homework
** 6p take DS10 to Robotics group
1. Know what you want.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:36 am

You are perfectly in tune with where I am today, LadyM. How did it end up Thursday and me still having quite a bit of work to put this writing to bed? I spent a lot of time on Monday with dd, then went down the rabbit hole on a DNA match, and still haven't finished that. Tuesday I had a good bit of time at the library, but wanted to make soup for dh, so had to cut it shorter than I wanted. Also spent about an hour catching up with dfriend M when I could have been doing other things. Yesterday I had the two appts out - vet and body work, and took dMuffin for a special walk. I worked steadily once I got the rest of the stuff done yesterday, and stopped maybe at 6:15 when I was hungry. I intended to work more when I got home again - dh and I went out to dinner - but didn't get there.

Today I have to finish it up. As I said yesterday, I've decided that finishing what I have in good form is more important that adding more information although I know it's not "reasonably exhaustive research."

Tonight I have to go to dh's firm's client event at a private club. It will be nice, but it's always tough. Dh is busy smoozing with clients and I have to entertain myself with small talk myself. Dh's jr partner's wife will be there so I think I can hang out with her some. Dh said she wasn't sure she would go until she found out I was going. Need to figure out what to wear.

I've done most of a.m. routine - need to walk ddog still. I'll s2s later and fluff up my hair and put on makeup before I go out. :roll:
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:41 am

I got up when h left for work. Around 4:45. At done, planning done. Bed is made 2x dog "helped" had to redo it. LOL! Thought yesterday was Thursday. :roll:

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:47 am

LadyM, when did that accident happen? I guess you weren't hurt?

It happened about a decade ago. I did have a couple fractured vertebrae and of course, DH and I were bruised and sore. The car went air born flipping end to end but DH and I were held in our car seat by the seatbelts. When the car stopped we were upside down so DH and I undid our seat belts which dropped us down to the roof of the car and then we both crawled out of the vehicle. It was a miracle that we basically walked away from the accident. It has been YEARS since the accident which frustrates me because I am still affected by the fear of hydroplaning. I have driven hundreds (?thousands?) of time in similar conditions and nothing happened. This fear of it happening again makes me frustrated. I do realize fear is a normal reaction but if I feared everything that could have hurt me, I would turn into a crazy person. I cut my finger on a knife a few times but I don't fear knives. I have a healthy respect for them and the knowledge of how to handle them. I don't seem to be able to apply that perspective to hydroplaning.

I have just spent too much TIME thinking about this. LOL
it's TIME to get started on homeschool. *POOF*
1. Know what you want.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:58 am

time keeping...always difficult without my timer and card file/daily planner - it also depends on my ADHD is going or when depression kicks in bc I don't think I am enough... house keeper, as a wife and mother and family member, etc. If I keep up with things I don't feel that as deeply and then my depression/lack of feeling enough stays away - normally happy. So time is important to me but not obsessive. Focus is what I naturally have but I have had to keep learning how to stay focused - some days easier than others. ;) :D

I am late bc I watched the news this morning before doing anything - It's already 8:53 am so I have to get my bahookey moving 8-)

d lady hello - I didn't know you had been in such a horrible accident. My dd younger has the same fear but about what her body will do. She is so worried to have another concussion and curtails her life from her once super active life. It's natural and it takes bit by bit to continue working through it. I am so happy you are here - healthy and joyous!

d twins hello I hope tonight goes well. You are so interesting and lovely that I know you will enjoy yourself. Hope it is really fun.

hello all.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:02 am

Today I have my physical - boy I am glad it is here bc I always do horribly with eating months before my appointment. It is very stressful for me - and I overdo food and under do fitness. Once it is past I go back to being normal in food/fitness.

today Is errand day after appointment.

We had hello fresh yesterday and I loved it - I am not a big meat eater and I don't like pork but everyone loved it. I loved the rest. easy peasy
no thought.

Tonight we are having pineapple chicken quesadillas (dd younger will have the corn tortillas as she can't handle gluten with her pain disorder)

wishing you all a great day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:05 am

hi I wanted to ask if in the members section, if we can take down my post - It's past. I appreciate every time I learn and get wisdom from everyone. thank you.

ordered a few groceries. Now to check checking and charge cards and if there is any new paperwork - done :shock: :lol:
Last edited by blessedw2 on Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:25 am

Good morning everyone! We are on holiday time now. After the Halloween party, it becomes prepare for Christmas. (There is no Thanksgiving prep other than groceries). Except that this year is an added wrinkle that there are two babies due that I need to finish crochet projects for. I have four Christmas gift projects (best get cracking!) plus the yearly addition of ugly to the Christmas sweater. This year it will be fringe because it won't take long and I am overloaded. Also must get DD16's gifts bought/ordered.

I did not do much last night, getting home at 7 pm and very tired. I did have to clean a cat's backside, which is a really gross chore, worse than catboxes. Fortunately, this is something I have not had to do in years and he was a very cooperative cat. I forgot to take my Halloween excess to Goodwill.

We had fog on the way to work today!

Tonight, I should copy the receipts from the x and do some bills and budget in prep for payday tomorrow.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:36 am

good morning d elizabeth oh two babies due - how wonderful! how sweet you are crocheting for them.

Return to “Post When You Can”