FINAL FRIDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: FINAL FRIDAY

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:49 pm

how fun - what a great idea having the movie on a loop. you dd is so creative!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:51 pm

I finished caulking in front - I did not have the tools or the time to take off the very hard but very cracked caulk. I had to caulk over those small parts but the rest is finished for winter.
dh brought out the ladder for me and put it away which was very nice.

i haven't finished my morning routine. this day seems to be zooming by.
time to pick up old dogs meds

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:40 pm

dog meds and my meds picked up.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:43 pm

I have enjoyed a different paced day without scheduled events. DS10 has played with DFriends at both their homes and ours. Having kids playing outside means lots of going in and out the doors. And drinks. And foods.

CPA called and had our amended tax return ready for us to pick up. I am so very thankful to see the end of my tax goof.

DMIL stopped by with a birthday gift for me. DMIL lives on a very tight budget and I really wish she wouldn't spend anything on me. No matter how many times we tell her we don't need anything, she always insists on getting me something. I feel guilty accepting something from her because I don't need it and she spends money she doesn't have to buy it. However, I recognize the love and support that DMIL is showing me and I welcome that.

I read the entire book today! I can't remember the last time I read a book in one day. It took me about 4 hours to read it.

I spent some time in the vegetable garden. I repotted 4 plants, harvested the rest of the peppers, dug out the big pepper plants and put them in the trash, and winterized one of the earth boxes.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:38 pm

it is love. I know we used to wish d mil wouldn't pay for things. I understand.
so happy the tax things are done for you d lady. exciting that you were able to read your book
sounds like you had a lovely day - so happy for you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:40 pm

i have to force myself to do the kitchen so I don't have to look at it in the morning.
watching the great pumpkin :D

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:29 pm

What a 24 hours. I need a do-over.

DD and friend and 2 dogs arrived after 2:00AM and I was so tired. Unbelievable. Dogs had traveled quiet in the car and stored up all their energy for when they got here. Non-stop running around. Then in their crate where they usually spend the night together (it's a big crate) they wouldn't settle and made lots of noise. Finally DD let them outside in the fenced in back yard. I was too tired to get up and check on them, actually thought DD was outside sleeping in a chair on the patio - but no..

They dug out under the fence and somehow got out and we found them in the morning together in someone else's yard offering food and water, about 6 blocks away. As soon as we got them home one (part greyhound) discovered the front door not quite latched and took off up the street. Back out in the car and brought her back. She does not come when called. Both are rescues and not full grown yet.

So we went out to brunch after all that, me, DD, her friend, and the friend's mother. Then they took us to the movies to see A Star is Born. Now they are off to their reunion and are staying nearby overnight so I am dog-sitter. Little dog not too much problem. Bigger dog is all muscle and I put 2 leashes on him and managed a walk in the backyard and got them bedded down. Just 1 or 2 more times and I'm done with it. Oh, boy what an experience.

I've watched other dogs for the kids before and by far this was the hardest experience. I'm sorta glad I don't have a pet of my own right now.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:58 pm

Wow, Harmony - this is one reason pets and their people should be matched well! Just not the right fellow for Harmony, lol. The pet's temperament and strength make a big difference. I'm sure my ds' Gunner will someday be a good dog for me to babysit, for instance, but right now he is all muscle and hears the beat of a very fast drummer. :lol: Grateful for the kindness of your neighbors - for all they knew, the dogs had no one, so they were very good to help.

General housecleaning is happening around here. Delighted to have gotten rid of the stubborn stain that used to be unknown to us, under the toilet seat hinge's shape, before dstepson recently changed the seat to one with a different shape that allowed it to show! (surprise)
Elbow grease was the cleaning supply needed.

Will continue in the a.m. Then I need to visit colorist while dd is in class. At that point she brings home her friend, who "doesn't care what the house looks like, mother!" :roll: Which is soooooo not the point. I explained to her that what matters is whether her mother cares :| that company has been invited before dd has finished her cleaning.

Her carved pumpkin is great, with a huge curling grin - he can't decide if he is scary or not, so he's perfect.

Return to “Post When You Can”