FINAL FRIDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: FINAL FRIDAY

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:13 pm

DD has stopped by a couple of times (it's so good to see her btw). I think to 'vent' a couple of times. Dsonil had told her he had most of his clothes packed (Where? -she can't find any bags anywhere). She's sure the RV hasn't been swept in almost 3 months, she lifted the toilet seat cover -eeewwww! She was pulling her hair out. She found a gallon of OJ in the fridge that had been there since well before she left -"It wasn't bothering me so I just left it". Oh yeah, that's the attitude and unfortunately none of it bothers HIM. :roll: I had told her earlier that if she weren't coming up to help close up, she'd come back in the spring and find he'd just locked the door and left it as it was. As much as she liked having him with her for the summer she's hoping he finds employment in FL -and SOON. He definitely still needs to work.

I've been piddling along with odds and ends. Finding some things along the way that I kinda wondered where they were but haven't really looked for them -YET. Did pull out a bin of a little used cupboard under the sink. Glad I did. There was a box in it that evidently took some of our water accident several weeks ago. Everything in it was still wet and of course musty. There were egg cookers in there -took them all apart (there were drops of water in them) and will wash them later and store. Found a lid to one of my P ampered C hef pans.

DD has left to pick up Dsonil at the office. He had to turn his car in today (that he uses for work daily) by 2. Then they decided they wanted to go home early so dd had to pick him up at noon. It's within a 1/2 hour from here.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:17 pm

went to vet - d old dog will probably have until Christmas at most. As long as she is happy she will still be here. She is so happy in the moment - what more can I ask!

paper work routine:
time to list spending and check again the checking and charge card.
I need to write one letter.
I have to stop to get a whole chicken for dinner.
Morning routine - did some
dining room home blessing that I missed
caulk windows
clean front door before winter
send text with pictures to an uncle
finish menu for the week
put pots in shed.
get machine out of pool so girls can put the tarp on tomorrow
dinner routine and evening routine

they are going to a foot ball game tomorrow together
I have a meeting tomorrow
dd older and I are going to look at bedding and towels for her - she pays but I have the fun of going with her.

I really enjoyed how hello fresh is set up - not gourmet at all but family enjoyed it - all in one bag for each meal - I figure I could do that a couple days ahead since I have a menu plan.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:31 pm

hi d lady - How wonderful a lazy daisy day for you
oh I love a good book - tell us how you liked it after you are done with it.

hi d twins - so happy you had a lovely time!!!

hi d nancy- yay on your work! waving to you too!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:55 pm

I came up with a solution re: money in our house.
dh and I split our bills - he gets half the money and I get the other half. Instead of doing that he will get what he usually uses for the month in his checking account (personal use) and I will let him still pay his part of the bills but out of my checking account. He is not happy with this but we can't keep going on like this.(I know I sound mean but I have a hard time with the I am poor martyr stuff and especially passive aggressive over and over especially when I try to be super kind and patient and it still happens. I work hard to talk to him and help him let his thinking out. - he holds things in until they finally come out and never in a good way - frustration but not a yeller. I always know something is wrong and takes a long time to finally tell us what he is thinking. Usually I guess and then he feels better and finally chats. Its a family trait. One has to guess what they are upset with and it festers in a very passive aggressive way with comments. He will still have the same responsibilities but will use my checking account instead. This way he doesn't feel strapped all the time and doesn't feel I took this job away from him. He put all of his money in a CD for 2 years - saved nothing for himself which is why he feels strapped even if he has a bit of money. (we have a separate account that we share that is our savings)

okay I am stalling

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:57 pm

blessed, this is what I do for A-river gift cards, so I can choose from pretty cards. But they also come in tins, bookmarks, plump decorative holders, etc. to choose from as "extras" that don't cost more than the card by itself would.

The pouring rain here is dampening our chances of being as prepared as we'd like for dd's party. Also a mix-up in her work schedule caused her to lose out on several hours of extra prep time today. Oh, well, we'll get as far as we can. She has a friend coming to help her with decorating tomorrow, but frankly this friend is quite like "company" to me. This evening, the young man's family is having a pumpkin decorating evening and she is expected. I realize this will give her a cute pumpkin for decor, but good grief, she leaves no time in her schedule for generally getting ready for something. She's at the age of "fly by the seat of your pants", I guess.

Figured out the drafting for the quilt block.

Next up, Desk Day chores.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:08 pm

Good morning everyone! Well, morning for a few minutes longer. Last night, I copied the x's paperwork. In answer to lucylee's question, first glance shows apparent honesty, though I have not done a detailed look. I was pretty sure that it would be on the level THIS YEAR, but if I let it go without proof, NEXT year would be another story. I also wondered if he was trying to trap me into failure to pay child support. But I closed every email expressing the desire to settle up quickly and (truthful) assurances that I had the money. (It is possible I am doing him an injustice and there was no evil intent, just laziness. But how to be sure without data?)

DD16 did the usual homework and eating at home last night. After she left, I retrieved the two foster cats from the cat coordinator. She was hoping her husband would want to foster Chelsea because she is not particularly happy with my other 3 fosters. Hi didn't. I have decided to get rid of two beautiful but horribly scratchy sweaters. They have metallic yarn that just doesn't wear well.

This morning I found a subtle bug buried in our database.

I have to leave payroll early for a financial advisor appointment. I hope there is time to get to dance class afterward.

Tonight's WTF is put away the laundry so I can have room to sleep in my bed! Bills and budget would be useful because it is payday and close to the beginning of the month. I also need to do some baby crochet and put some fringe on my ugly Christmas sweater. This weekend's WTF is to pay off the x. Next priority is putting the Halloween bins back in the shed.

Just want to tell lucylee that there is no moral superiority in being an early riser. It's what you do with your time, not when you do it. If I am at the ER at night, I want a proper night owl, not some early bird struggling to stay awake!

In addition to Ghostbusters, Harriet's party could have Nightmare Before Christmas and Beetlejuice. No grossness there. The problem is that whatever is chosen, it won't enhance a party. Whenever there is a video going, people stop interacting and stare at the screen. I've seen adults at a game night having trouble paying attention to the game because someone turned on the Wiggles and the Teletubbies for the toddler set. (The toddlers in question were bored with the videos and happily playing with blocks and stuffed animals. They had a much superior imaginary world as construction crew for an animal housing project.)

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:03 pm

d mom called and we had an impromptu lunch of onion soup and a bit of brie sitting, of all things,in red wine on baguettes toasted. lovely. sounds fancy schmancy but wasn't. talked with a friend of dd youngers. It took an hour and half that I should have spent working but I needed it.

dh is better. He was stressed bc he was buying a warranty for his car and right away he sees that spending as overwhelming. At least I found what was the reason for everything.

I am tired and came home to a dirty floor. Dogs shed a lot since yesterday. (it is that time of the year).
When I don't do my morning routine, my home looks terrible.

Hi d elizabeth I am so glad it worked out with bills and insurance! You just needed transparency.
best of luck with your financial advisor
and have fun at dance class.

hi d harriet - thank you! wonderful!
hope the rain lets up! hope the party prep goes beautifully. How fun for your dd to have a party
so happy for you regarding the quilt block
happy desk time. that's my next work

hello to everyone

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:22 pm

Had a nice little 'windfall' today from dh's work earlier this year. They paid him cash and applied it as a credit toward our lease next year. Added to that was what we paid for the campground Wi-Fi. It never worked like it was supposed to and he credited back to us what we paid in. Of course what we ended paying monthly for internet was pretty ridiculous but it is what it is. We had finally given up on the campground wi-fi and went back to S pectrum. We don't have cable because we don't watch it enough to say so. We do, however, have a ROKU and subscribe to Hulu without ads. We do like that for catching up on episodes. DD had unsubscribed to N etflix this fall. Will miss the movies on that. She also discontinued cable and I forget what they have now.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:46 pm

how nice d Dee... that will be so nice to have a credit next year

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:56 pm

Elizabeth, I think you have a point. Dd put Addams Family Values on last evening as we worked, to consider it (she loves that movie). The smartest thing we noticed was that at a certain minute (which she wrote down) there is a full-screen of the house exterior that gave the screen a great visual effect for a party. :) She's considering just having that on the screen, paused, for the first part of the evening at least. I do think, though, that there's a desire to watch a movie on the part of some of her guests, so they probably will play one.

Desk day done.

snack time.

Return to “Post When You Can”