FINAL FRIDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

FINAL FRIDAY

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:33 am

For October that is. It's also (hopefully) our final Friday up north. What do you have to finish before October finishes out?

Our dgd23 just left. She was just coming off a full night shift (she's an RN now working in orthopedics at a local hospital). Had some pictures for her to pick up for her wedding in December. Also gave her a sizable Longaberger basket (round with a top & in excellent shape -I just don't have room for it. So am glad she wanted it.) She also took a very nice night light/lamp I had been going to take to FL. Also glad that's found a new good home. So does this count as 'decluttering'? Oh, and also gave her a half dozen or so doilies that she plans to use as decorations for their reception. Doing a happy puppy dance. It was so good to see her and hug on her a bit. Have lots of things for her in our storage area. They'll wait for spring. But I'm going to start trying to get her here soon after we return in June. We've stored things that were dShelley's (her dmom's) up there for many years. There's a snow babies collection, collectible spoons/rack, Nostalgic houses and shops (we bought one every Christmas for Shelley), and several other things that belonged to her. DD also offered our family heirloom cradle (dh slept in it as a baby and I think generations before him.) Only catch is -it's in FL. But we'll bring it back up at some point -she hopes a few years down the road. Of course her first question was 'safety'. It would be okay while a baby was very small/young. But it's a great decor piece.

DD drove their golf cart to the dumpster this morning (dsonil told her it was fully charged & she believed him). Dh ended up towing her back to their camper. It's now being charged again. But I think it's more than a charge issue. We'll see.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: FINAL FRIDAY

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:35 am

I wonder why my back feels so stiff and sore all the time.
I happened to mention, I think it was last year, the same thing, LucyLee. Dr decided to do x-rays -which ended up showing a lot of arthritis in my back. For instance I can barely stand at the sink long enough to do dishes (obviously I do them all by hand since most RV's don't have a dishwasher). Just a thought. DD has a dishwasher but I just continue to do them by hand down there.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:06 am

how nice your dgd came and share in your bounty. I know she will love those items.
that arthritis is nasty isn't it. hope you don't have flair ups d dee.

thank you for starting us!

hello d everyone.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:08 am

Unfortunately I do, Blessed. Thus the impetus to get to a warmer clime. Some days it's hit me hard enough that I have all I can do to put one foot in front of the other. But it is what it is. I'm just grateful to be able to get out of bed each day and do all we do. Getting old definitely is not for sissies. :lol: Saying that, most days are much better.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:19 am

dh was a martyr yesterday - he paid for dd olders meds (she asked if one of us could pick it up - I told him to use my card but he went ahead and used his debit). last night (next day) he went into martyr zone about not having any money and wanted me to ask dd for the money. She is so gracious about it all he had to do is ask her. He was just a pill. I actually know he has lots of money in his own savings account and has lots of money in his checking (because I see it :D when i balance our checking accounts daily). He does this thing a lot. It ended up that I said no that I will not be an in-between for him and dd and that if he just asked her that she would give it to him. He refused (I knew that he would be a pill all evening) and I called dd and she immediately paid him when - "oh sure. sorry about that. just ask me if I forget." What a pill he is with his passive aggressive or martyr times. It is so engrained in him that I have had to say no to this behaviour - firm but I am not a yeller etc. and I want straight forward so I know what is going on and if he doesn't want to do something - he becomes a martyr. How can such a lovely man be so so Monk. (sorry I had to let off my frustration :o :lol: - ooo that felt good getting it off my chest/brain :roll: 8-) )

can you tell his Monkness sometimes gets to me. (of course I am perfect and i never do anything annoying-we all have idiosyncrasies
8-) ) thanks for letting me vent.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:20 am

definitely - getting old is not for sissies :lol: I know that too :lol:

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:22 am

today: vet for old dog..at 10 am.
goal finish up outside
home bless the dining room which I missed this week
car - is still clean
purse - is clean

time for s2s and hitting the road.

have a great day everyone

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:39 am

Up at 5 today. Journaling & planning done. Laundry 1st load is going needs to go in the dryer. Meal planning done. We have clouds today and rain in the forecast this evening.

Waving to all!

I have been working on my notes for an out line I have brain fry. :shock:
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:50 am

I had a lovely time last night at the client event, but came home and worked some more on the family narrative, and gave up about 12 a.m. and posted that I would proofread and post this morning. Of course, then I spent another couple of hours on it. I could just keep fine tuning it forever. I really do enjoy it.

Rest of day, I don't know. I probably need a nap, was up at 7:15 and it took awhile last night to go from focussed on writing to asleep. This group is over with our discussion on Monday Nov 5.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:13 pm

We are enjoying a lazy Friday. This is the only day of October that has nothing on the schedule. We decided to use our 5th & last No Homeschool day of the month. We all got up and got several things done this morning so now everyone is in kicked back mode. All 4 of us are using screens. DH is playing solitaire on his smartphone. DS10 and DGD7 are watching cartoons on their screens. They are waiting for it to warm up a bit before playing outside with neighborhood friends.

I picked up a James Patterson book at the library that I thought DH would like. I read a few pages and now I'm engrossed in it. What a perfect day to have a good book to read!
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”