Make a Difference Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Make a Difference Saturday

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:37 pm

a quick hi! hello

dd's are at the badger/wildcats football game. dd older got free tickets. I am happy she wanted to take her sister. We win no matter what - dd older went to madison so we cheer for the badgers and we live here and cheer for Northwestern. So no matter what it's a win win. So fun!

wishing you all a good day

praying for d dee!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:12 pm

Friday - I took put suppliments in a container. Only remembered them at a late bedtime so thought it was too long since i'd eaten.
Saturday I took them with lunch smoothy. I think it made a difference.
Made up todays 'serve'.
1 load of washing is on the line.
eating bfst here.
question of the day - will I get to church?
I'm dressed for it but that is no guarantee.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:36 pm

Trying to make myself scarce from the party, which seems very happy. Dd's carved pumpkin is her lit centerpiece along with one of her sculptures as a "cookie jar". One of the guests brought eyeballs in jello :shock: (since it's a dessert we still haven't cut into it and don't know what the eyeballs are exactly) and another brought cupcakes decorated as scary characters! The guys seem to be having the most fun guessing the characters. Spider webs everywhere - in the way, actually, lol. Dd hung balloons that are lit inside by glow-stick-material LED dots. They actually light the DR rather well when the pumpkin is added.

HRH thoroughly enjoyed just the two friends who came to help decorate. They talked and talked, but when the next car arrived, he disappeared, evidently reaching his limit of young people!

I finished up a lot of declutter and cleaning today in prep for the party, so even though it put me to trouble well ahead of any party I'd want to give, I can't begrudge it much. I'm glad they are having fun.

bittersweet, glad you're here!

Thinking of Dee.

Also of Kathryn. I don't like not hearing from her when she hadn't been feeling well.

Lynlee, I'm not at all sure about church tomorrow for me, either. I'm considering asking dd to carry some things there for me and otherwise let it go.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:24 pm

I am missing Kathryn also.

We had a wedding at 3 pm today; I made a card this morning. It was 22 years ago when we moved into our second house on the mountain, and my kids were 3, almost 4. The two boys next door were 8 and 10 years old. It was the 8 year old getting married today. I didn’t realize I would feel emotional but it almost felt like one of my kids getting married. Very nice wedding, outside, and the reception in a covered pavilion with heaters, but it just was cold!

Tomorrow we’re having brunch with dear friends who are in town for the weekend.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:47 pm

I raked leaves for ten min. Had to give my brain a break from note taking. Dishes done after dinner. Got laundry current today, one more to fold however. Living room looks better. H said he heard on the news today the bottom dropped out of the housing market. Neighborhood kids are having fun a party on the street behind us and a couple doors down.

Return to “Post When You Can”