Sunday's Questions

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: Sunday's Questions

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:17 pm

My question of the day: will dh ever understand my need for down time?

I have gone almost nonstop since we went to the wedding yesterday at 2 p.m. I think I posted after we got home, and I had a couple of hours of downtime.

Then assisted living called about dmom, so off I went at 10:30 last night. This was the first time I've felt that I just couldn't reach her. She was sitting on the toilet, in her pajamas and wouldn't budge to go to bed. She had been there at least an hour before they called me, and before that was sitting on room mate's bed and wouldn't budge. I couldn't get her to move. An assistant who came in late, maybe 11ish? finally got through to her by offering her juice, then she wanted a place to sit it down while she was drinking it. So the assistant suggested she sit in the chair with the table beside her. Then once she was in her wheelchair, she sat there awhile with her juice until the assistant asked if she wanted to lie down in bed. I laid down with her for at least 30 min and she didn't go to sleep, but I finally told her I needed to go home and she said she would be fine. I left there at 12:30 and then couldn't sleep once I got home to bed.

I slept until 10 a.m. this morning when dh woke me up - we were having brunch with friends who moved away from here a few years ago. Wonderful brunch, but then dh offered to drive them around to see all the changes since they left. So that was two hours in the car. Then dh wanted to go to an open house - a friend of his is thinking of moving here and sent dh a link to the house. So I agreed to go and it was way out, and then there was another house on the street, and it was 3:3o before we got home.

I slept for about an hour and dh just commented that I had had my down time. :roll:

I need to clean up the kitchen and start dinner soon. Ds is coming for supper. Dd is furious at me for interfering. She and a good friend have been on the outs, and Friday night I commented to both that I wanted them to work it.

I'm just feeling down. I've been on the run too much and feel emotional. Last night I told my mother that I love her and she said "I love you, I love [my sister's name]. I love [my brother's name.]" I just feel wiped out by Pittsburgh too. At a Shabbat service.

I can't wait for tomorrow when the house will be quiet.

I'm sorry I'm such a downer today.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:29 pm

Sunday's answer was I didn't get to church.

Monday's question -
the fat-i-gues still have me.
I suspect I'm not eating right for me.
Probably its the quantity of variations from the best practice - trying out too many different things at a time, as a little sometime can be ok.

The plus side is I've stayed caught up with dishes, for a couple of days, at least, or last.
And had 2 days of supmeds. Yes I need to think of them as meds for a disorder, not an option to leave off.
Some/most were persctibed by a doctor so its not all done on a whim, though inc are suggestions from 2 people - Q10 and a version of ginkco.
I did share the list inc all the ingredient sups with pdoc some time ago but couldn't maintain taking them as a daily habit.
My bedtime has had a 10 or 11 at it's front, though that's not always the case for lights out.
3 meals daily.

Monday's questions -
Will it rain today?
the drips from my guttering says most likely.
Will I get to yoga today?
It might do me good.

Sending hugs and prayers too you all with all your deliberations, preparations, needs and cares.

(Dee)
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:16 pm

Sat, Sun. Q. How to get free down loads and get an to work answered by trial and error finally got em. Yea!
No the small library is not open today. Worked more on notes for another project. I set up a diff note book. Trying to use up stuff I have here for these.

Our team won.
Lunch is over did dishes need to unload an in a while.
Had to go back got the market for 2 things I forgot yesterday they did not have one other item oh well.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:18 pm

Sunshine therapy, LadyM.

Oh, Twins. I'm so glad you could hear her say that. No, a nap is just a nap. It allows sleep, but not personal, needed quietude.

I have written and deleted a long post on the comedy of errors of others trying to manage just 4 payroll checks dispersed (in carefully marked envelopes) and 1 offering collected at church.
Bottom line : It is so much harder on me mentally to take time to be sick than it is to just to go there and do everything myself. Next time if I'm sick at end of month I'm going anyway, even if on crutches and drugs, wearing a mask.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:26 pm

(((Twins)))) Double Hugs. Triple HUGS. The emotional wringer you have been through and are going through deserves recognition. Emotions take time and energy to process!

I just returned from my 2nd walk of the day. I have already exceeded my daily step goal and now I'm closing in on 10K.
Q: Where is all this energy coming from?
Q: Is there a relationship between my decision to eat healthy today and my zooming energy level?
Q: But it hasn't even been 24 hours so how could I have positive results so quickly?

My 2nd walk resulted in me being joined by DS10 and 4 neighborhood boys on their bikes. I started the walk with 1 boy (DS10) and ended the walk with 5 boys. I'm sorta afraid to go on another walk today. What if I came home with 10 boys??

CCC = 79
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:11 pm

(((d twins)))
it is always a joy to be here with you!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:16 pm

I went and had a nap after I posted. Dh said the chicken smelled fine. Supper was ready when I got out of bed. (I heard prep going on at one point, but I went back to sleep. I don't like this particular way of making chicken, so I claimed I was full before I finished the first piece. We also had potatoes and peas, so I was sort of full. Dh loves this chicken because it is something that his mom made. It's fried in oil and then baked. It also has flour, egg and then bread crumbs. I seriously don't get it, but he has his favourites, so he has every right to enjoy a meal. Good news is that tomorrow night is BBQed steak.

Last load of laundry is in the dryer. I have 3 pairs of pants hanging to dry in the bathroom.

Just before I posted this dh finally hung the pictures in here that I wanted. Now this room is officially done!!
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:16 pm

Tired because I was so antsy I just had to get something done. So visited my colorist as I'd intended last evening but didn't feel well. Used a G. Nu-trisse product. Doesn't look like it "took" very well. Was much more difficult than I'm used to, in that everything was so hard to open and required me getting out not only scissors to wrestle with one part, but a jar opening textured thingie to open another part. I was considering pliers at one point. Positives : it didn't smell bad, didn't require an extra step of getting hair wet first (didn't know for sure until I opened it), and at least I got it done, I suppose. It was needed. Definitely wore me out.

News from Pittsburgh has me feeling very subdued today.

Hope Dee can give us another update soon.

Certainly hope we hear from Kathryn soon. Thinking of how she feels, as well as her ds having such a house-hunting disappointment and her dd having lots going on.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:02 pm

Hello everyone!
The question this morning was -- who will stay home from church with dgs? (DGS requested Granddaddy.)
The question tonight is -- is dgs having a recurrence of strep?
The question tomorrow -- What will the doctor say? AND What will the eye doctor say? (DGS has an eye exam tomorrow afternoon, after * hopefully * an appt with the pediatrician in the morning.
In between times, we will have both dgrands, b/c ddil has a first-time appt in Big City with a rheumatologist. Family doctor referred her.

So... busy day tomorrow.

Today has been a normal Sunday. I went to church and helped ddil with children's church -- she was substituting for the first time for the regular teacher. DDIL did a great job and she didn't need me in the least -- she only had 4 very well-behaved children.

DGS started running a very low grade fever this morning, but after she had taken him to church with strep throat two weeks ago, she thought better safe than sorry.

Thinking of Dee... * I see you popping in there! Be sure to get enough rest! *

Thinking of all the hurting families in Pittsburg...

And yes... missing Kathryn...

and Lilac! I have had her on my mind lately. Been a long time since we heard from her.

AND (((BIG HUGS))) for Twins. I know the episode with your dmom was about the straw that broke the camel's back for you. On top of everything else, having a concern with a parent like that. And I totally agree -- a NAP is not "down time," a nap is just necessary. One cannot enjoy "down time" if one is too exhausted to keep her eyes open. (((BIG HUGS)))

I guess I'll stick with N I haircolor, Harriet... but not having to wet your hair does sound like a plus, I must say. Although I wonder if that's why it didn't seem to "take" as well? Hmmmm...

Well, WTG to Cathy's dh for cooking -- even if it's not one of your favorites, Cathy -- and for getting the pictures hung!

Actually, dh cooked lunch for himself and dgs....
;) Campbell's soup... but they both love it. (Chicken gumbo.) I ordered a pizza. I can eat that soup, but dh wants it EVERY Sunday and I get sooo tired of it.

My 2nd walk resulted in me being joined by DS10 and 4 neighborhood boys on their bikes. I started the walk with 1 boy (DS10) and ended the walk with 5 boys. I'm sorta afraid to go on another walk today. What if I came home with 10 boys??

ROFLOL, LadyM! Good for you on eating healthy AND walking!

Bottom line : It is so much harder on me mentally to take time to be sick than it is to just to go there and do everything myself. Next time if I'm sick at end of month I'm going anyway, even if on crutches and drugs, wearing a mask.

A big AMEN to that. This is why I had a year's sick leave built up towards my retirement. I know what you mean, Harriet.

Waving to Nancy... Lynlee... blessed... and EVERYONE ELSE!!!
Tomorrow is another day.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:15 pm

Well, Dee popped OUT again before I could post, LOL! Hope all goes well tomorrow, Dee! :D

Yesterday's mysterious dinner at dbil's went very well. Apparently dxsisil felt an urge to have a Thanksgiving dinner for us all, while her children were both able to attend. DH says maybe she feels guilty for "stealing" all our Thanksgivings, since dbil and dniece always do Tgiving with HER, since the divorce. Dniece wants to go there, and dbil is invited, so he just goes along, to be able to spend time with dniece. Dnephew lives in CA. (Dniece is in medical school, not far away, but her time is severely limited.)
Until dmil passed away, we always alternated -- my family one year, dh's family the next. Since now, if we don't go to my family, it's just us & ds/family, it seems silly not to go to my family every year.
Dxsisil spends the night on Christmas Eve at their house, so they can all do Christmas like they always did on Christmas morning.

I just know if dh and I were divorced, dh would want to wash his hands of me. He would probably tell ds to do what he liked, but if he went to my family's celebration one year, dh would want to have ds for the next year's holiday to himself, without me. I don't believe he and I would ever be able to just act as if nothing ever happened, if one of us were unhappy enough to leave. I know it is much to dbil and dxsisil's credit that they ARE able to be so friendly and do these things together for the sake of their children, but I just don't think dh would -- ESPECIALLY if I were the one who instigated the divorce, which is the case with dbil & dxsisil. I'm just amazed.

We stayed a couple hours and then went to two church Trunk or Treat events. One was at dgrands' pediatrician's church, and she had invited them. We found out we knew a couple other people who went to that church. Then we went to dmom's church, although dmom did not participate, but we knew several people there, including dcousins, who had their car decorated and set up for treats.
Wednesday night, we'll do our church and dmom's house, and maybe a few others.
I get to go everywhere w/ddil and the grands b/c ds was out of town Sat and will be again Wed.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”