take your Plan (bwp) and run with it!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

take your Plan (bwp) and run with it!

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:33 am

I LOVE Monday's - it's all brand new!
How can you erase everything that you think you should have done and replace that thought with "I have a new week". Don't over goal! That only brings self doubt and not wanting to do things. Be good to yourself!

What does your Basic Weekly Plan look like this week?
-are you keeping it reasonable or are you pretending you should do the work of 10 people?
-are you trying to get your dailies done?
-Where is there time each day for you?

I wish you a beautiful Monday and a great week!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Re: take your Plan (bwp) and run with it!

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:19 am

I have to call my brother - d mom is having problems with memory - not that she can't function but beginning signs that concern me.
I think it's time to have a doctor check her out and she will disagree but i think there are meds that can help her. I am not sure it is worth her going through that bc if she thinks her memory is going then she will not try and loose hope.
it's a delicate balance

I am ready to start my day. I have been ready for a 1/2 hour but I still am stuck to my seat 8-) :lol:

today:
take care of morning routine first
then home blessing
outside work: put pots in shed
pull hoses in
pull pool machine in and clean first
cut the veggies and fruit for today

phone calls - test set up dates

before I do anything - pull the chicken out of the freezer.
looked up flowers for a party - order today
found someone that will deliver beautiful appetizers - less thing for me.Hahahaha - changed my mind - I will make 2 appetizers so much cheeper. I looked online for price - wow - dd younger and I thought we can have a tasting party or dinner first to see what I have planned will work. :D

I dislike spending but I know with life right now it is easier than stressing - after seeing the prices for one dozen -$24 (min. 2 doz) I can make some fancy schmancy simple appetizers.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:00 am

Morning...

Well Monday is usually my house blessing day, but one of my best friends is coming to visit for a few days so I did it yesterday. Also did a grocery run. Thank goodness I had the energy to do both.

Going to wash my car today since we are traveling out of town for several days and I have a lasagna soup I made a few weeks ago that I need to take out of the freezer. That and a salad will be dinner to night. Also need to return some packages to the post office.

Want to get my overnight bag semi-packed with essentials, but not my clothes cause I’m not sure what I need till I talk to my friend.

Time for Perry and my second cup of coffee. Then it’s out the door to start the rest of my day.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:02 am

Good morning blessed and BookSaver and all.

I love the concept of a new week as well.

Have a great time, Ramblin'.

I have appts this week to think about, plus an all-day day trip Saturday.

blessed, attention to better sleep, better nutrition (my d2ndmil swears by daily wild blueberries) are proactive, "I'm-in-control" type steps for a person to take for themselves. I read a good report from a lady who improved her cognitive function by quitting her habit of reading way into the night. (also she quit coffee, I believe) Watch out for any med that causes diarrhea as a side effect. Ari cept put 2 of my dear aunts (who were not kin to each other and did not have the same caregivers) into the hospital with complications from diarrhea, one within 24 hours of the first dose. Others have taken it without problems, but the med facts sheets on several of the cognition drugs are long and should be given a lot of consideration.

I actually feel badly that I haven't finished reading the very deep and difficult book, Why We Sleep, since I was reporting on it to friends, family and in fact, here as well. I believe there was an attitude adjustment that happened to me regarding the deep reading I was doing on theological matters for church but not "getting anywhere" to help others. It clicked in my brain that I was going to start reading about sewing and quiltmaking again and l-i-g-h-t-e-n UP, have some happiness, and unfortunately my health-related reading went with it. Even HRH has commented on seeing completely different books lying around all over the house, lol.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:11 am

Thank goodness I have a quiet week, at least until Friday. I am so enjoying the quiet this morning, and I also have my SAD light out and going. I think I need it.

I am not going to the community vigil tonight at the JCC. I think there will be a lot of people and I don't think it would do my mental health any favors.

I am going to do what I need to do of a.m. routine, walk the dog and head upstairs for some research writing rejuvenation time. Later I'll go by and see dmom and drop clothes at cleaners.

I am going to an out of town DNA seminar on Saturday, will drive about 5 hours on Friday to get there, then back on Saturday evening. I may live stream our service from there, or go to a local synagogue.

Right now.....
-brush/floss
-change clothes and walk the dog (she's lying between me and the front door, keeping on eye on things)
-make the bed
-empty dishwasher and finish with kitchen counters
-do I need to start a load of laundry today?

Also thinking of Dee and setting up a virtual waiting room...putting out some nice pastries and fruit, coffee, fresh iced water and soft drinks while we wait. And maybe a magazine or two for reading...Hoping for good news. I seem to remember that it will be later today, so we'll have some nice sandwiches sent in for our lunch.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:25 am

thank you d Harriet! I never thought of complications. thank you!
my d mom says she sleeps 4 hours a night and reads well into the wee hours. (she actually falls asleep in front of the television) She has also given up painting etc. she is an extremely healthy eater.
I think reading light hearted quilting/sewing books sounds wonderful! Especially at this time of the year.

I am glad you are taking the time for yourself d twins. We will all be with your synagogue, in spirit, tonight.
thank you for setting up a virtual waiting room for us all!

hello do rose..yay on getting your house blessing done yesterday! wishing you a great day as you start getting ready for your trip.

hello all.

got stuck on researching recipes, presents, flowers etc. but now I am done.
I have my l*st/cards/journal ready for today. Now it is a matter of stop putting it off with brain work that seems busy but isn't - "raising chickens on paper" Kat, dreaming without action gets nothing done for me. New week- new get your fanny in gear.

next:
kitchen dailies

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:40 am

Good morning everyone! This weekend's WTFs got almost completely done: info from the x verified and check written, lots of Halloween put away, and bills and budget done. Of course, I am broke again. I saw my financial advisor Friday and the report is: retirement is taken care of, but I need more for emergencies in a plain old savings account. The plan is to pay off current debts as fast as possible and start saving. I ended up writing the x a check for about $300 less than he asked for (it was still close to 1k). My reason is he included stuff from 2017. Since I can no longer use it on my taxes, I consider that not to meet the timely requirement. Only one receipt of significance was given for 2017 as well.. I used the sheet he downloaded and printed off in my presence. There were two missing receipts, one for several hundred and another less that $5. I have every reason to believe that I owe for them and included it in the check, but did request a copy. So, the synopsis is: they were honest, but over-inclusive. I think they went back a whole year.

I still have some more Halloween to put away, but will get it done this week. I am going to have a refrigerator cleaning party, where I invite people to declutter my extra beer. No planning, just put away some stuff and have people drop by. Maybe give out beer as take-home party favors.

The other woman was at Sunday's Planner Addicts meeting. Bleah. I did confirm that they are hoping to go to Alabama during Thanksgiving. The x's boss is (as he has been for more than a decade) a pill and hasn't decided yet whether he can take off. They are planning on staying home for Christmas, making it DD16's first ever Christmas at home. (I have her after Christmas this year). At least they won't tell me at the last minute that they want me to take care of the dogs. Note to self: make sure they think I have out of town plans for Thanksgiving.

My car is in the shop getting body damage repaired from the latest (and hopefully last) collision. Other driver is taking full responsibility.

Today's essentials: get rental car, order Bible study book, determine date/time of post party and send invitations. Tonight's essentials: try a second dance class (keeping the other, but more exercise is good), groceries, pharmacy, LOLs, and pre-party cleanup. I have 97 work emails to contend with and an unknown amount at home.

LadyMaverick: If you don't want DMIL spending money on your birthday, maybe you could request a special, but inexpensive, dish she could cook.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:46 pm

what a good idea for d lady, d elizabeth

good morning d elizabeth
yay on your worst things first. thats great
I am so happy the other driver is paying for the damage

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:26 pm

struggling to stay focused.

so far a garbage run, laundry find and bring to one spot to separate, dh did his breakfast dishes and did the paper/cardboard recycling. finished putting together dh's part of the white elephant game on Christmas eve.

spoke to d brother for a long time. We are not going to do anything with the dr. bc d mom will hyper focus on it and at this time. I know it will get where she will loose things but she is definitely not there. anyone who talks to her thinks - wow she is great. only those who are with her daily or spend a long period of time with notice.

emptied out my mail/trash etc.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:28 pm

Dee update from her daughter in J&C. She posted on Facebook.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”