Tuesday - All In

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
BookSaver
Administrator

Re: Tuesday - All In

Postby BookSaver » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:55 pm

Hello, villagers ~
Today I've been trying to catch up on a bunch of partially finished jobs:
Emails to be answered
Sleep (never enough)
Dishes & laundry (never ending)
Knitting (a hat on the loom that only needed 2 final rows and now just has to be bound off)
Pantry inventory (started several days ago and interrupted several times)
Clean the car -- done!

Mid-afternoon we had a loud storm roll through. Unfortunately, when we returned home from up north Sunday we discovered that high winds had blown the tarp off of the kitchen roof, and we didn't have enough daylight left to put it back up. It takes both of us because I don't want DH up on the ladder without me standing by, so he couldn't do anything last night since I didn't get off work until well after dark. This afternoon I heard the all-too-familiar sound of water dripping into the bins, which luckily I hadn't cleared away because I didn't know how far the tarp could be trusted in the first place. DH had to work too late tonight for us to do anything with the tarp. We're hoping he can get off early tomorrow so we can wrangle the thing back up on the roof.

The challenge of the pantry inventory involves using a flashlight and almost standing on my head to see back into the bottom cupboards. I'm glad I finally finished it, though, because it showed a few things that I need to put on the shopping list right away. I'm not quite fully stocked for holiday baking and winter emergencies, but getting there.

I'm so glad to see Dee stop by to let us know she's home!

Oh I hear the dryer buzzing on the final load for today. BRB.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:16 pm

Just to note — I was s2s by the time I started the laundry! :) I did that before dgd arrived and we went to pick up dgs.
Also cooked supper and cleaned kitchen.
I did not put away dishes after washing — they are still in the drain rack. If I leave them alone, dh will put them away. ;)
Tomorrow is another day.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:15 pm

That's funny, Dee - you were all in. :lol: Happy you are home and happy you are giving us a smile, too. I hope plans can get on track relatively soon.

Awwww, BookSaver I was hoping you weren't going to hear a sound like that again and would have the roof projects in the rear view mirror. Nice to think of you working on the hat.

Has anyone heard from Kathryn?

I've had company all day, or was waiting on company who was late. I mean ALL day. Sigh. It was not a surprise to me to have a feeling of a wasted day Monday since I had been sick, but I hate having the same feeling today. I did do some cleaning. But only quick chores since I never believed I had time for anything else.

Tomorrow morning early I'll have dgs7 coming in for most of the day. Hope I can think of something for us to do. I'll need to get out to the bank tomorrow if at all possible. It dawns on me I might ask HRH to do that chore - will have to think.

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:54 pm

Hi, Harriet. No, I haven't heard from Kathryn. Hope all is well with her and her family.

3 Ds managed for today.
The casserole I made for supper resulted in enough extra to reheat for my lunch tomorrow. Nice.

I have a dentist appointment tomorrow afternoon. I'm trying to decide if I need to go anywhere else while I'm in TheBigCity. I like to combine errands when I have to drive so far -- but I don't want to waste time & money doing unnecessary shopping. It might just be a quick run in and back without any side trips.

Return to “Post When You Can”