Tuesday - All In

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Tuesday - All In

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:54 am

I got the phrase "All In" stuck in my head since Sunday. It has caused me to consider how much I want to do this or that. Am I just somewhat interested in doing something or am I "All IN"?
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Re: Tuesday - All In

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:02 am

This morning conversation -

DS10 - Will you take me to get some breakfast pizza? I neeeed some breakfast pizza. My body wants it!
Me - Your body is begging for something healthy. It neeeeeds some vegetables!
DS10 - If I eat a can of vegetables will you take me to get breakfast pizza?
Me - Sure!

30 minutes later DS10 had eaten a whole can of green beans so I took him to get a piece of breakfast pizza.
On the way home he said the pizza wasn't worth it. LOL
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:29 am

have a lovely breakfast pizza with your sweet boy d lady
oh so funny - eating a can of veggies (lol)
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:30 am

yesterday I felt tired and didn't get done my home blessing.
I have a quick dentist appointment this afternoon at 2

I am all in with you!

checking account and charge account checked and balanced :D
I pay off my trip in a couple days - yay.

dd older is finished with her car payments yay - her first new (not new car now) is finally paid off as of this mailing. i am happy for her.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:35 am

Breakfast pizza and green beans! Not a bad breakfast!

My new thing is to try and get as much done as early as I can so I have some time in the afternoon to myself. So today I got sheets almost washed and dried, the kitchen cleaned up, and so far the desk chores are 1/2 done.

I did get payroll taxes for Oct submitted. Sent an email. Have one DPC to make. Oh, and I have a turkey roast in the oven. I'll cut up most of that for DH lunch sandwiches. He's eating pretty good lunches these days even without the cheese and mayo.

Watered the foundation bushes this morning. Our rains have stopped and I want to keep them up because they've done so good this past year, green and bushy.

Sometimes I'm not all-in. Sometimes I do things just because I have to. But if I'm to have any free time I must keep at it.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:51 am

Good morning! I have learned that a modern jazz/hip hop dance class is much different than belly dance! What on earth do I do with my arms? Very good workout though. I will probably continue the class as long as I can afford two classes. All errands were accomplished, but no Halloween got put away. LOL was run, but not put away. No kitchen cleanup. (Put away Halloween and clean up kitchen are the only tasks needing done before the post-party). Post party invitations are sent except one, that I will deliver personally at payroll. The prescription was NOT my cough syrup! It was for thyroid meds, which I get mail order. I got a one month supply from the local pharmacy to tide me over until I could see a doctor. I have asked them to remove it from their system. This time I remembered to get my garage door opener from the car that is in the shop. It's amazing how one small thing can improve life so much.

I have confirmed that the x and DD16's other family is going to Alabama for Thanksgiving. DD has been wanting to for years. They are not traveling for Christmas. I wonder if part of the reason is that I won't be paying half of DD's plane tickets? (Because she normally visits both sets of grandparents and spends half the time with him and half with me, it is logical that we split the cost). Tonight I give the x the check for DD's medical expenses. It is lower than he asked for, but for good reason. I just hope he doesn't give me trouble about it. I don't need aggravation from him. He hates dealing with paperwork, so he may just take it and run, considering the loss of $300 to be worth the time and pain in the tailbone of doing otherwise. He knows MY paperwork is always in order and can be produced within a day if needed. Not just for matters of child support, but for taxes, mortgage, car, other bills, and pretty much anything. No one has mentioned the dogs' care at Thanksgiving. I sure hope someone has dealt with that, because I really don't want to go over there twice a day and my yard is not husky proof. Maybe the other woman has figured out that she has to deal with all travel details (while the x considers them trivial and beneath him). If so, the dogs will be cared for. Eventually DD will learn that dad does not do details.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:43 am

sending lots of love to dearest dee - with you in spirit today! Saying good morning to you.

hello d Elizabeth lol re: hip dance and what you do with your arms. time to watch youtube lol. I am so happy for your dd to be able to go when she always wanted to . how sweet that you did this for her.

hi d harmony yay on your sheets, 1/2 desk duty, and kitchen clean up and taxes!!! I think we are all like that d harmony about being all in. I "have-to" are part of my brain all the time lol.
free time is so important - I agree.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:00 pm

dishes washing themselves as I didn't have enough for last night
dinner is prepped like it would be for hello fresh. easy to put together tonight
beets are cooling for arugula beet goat cheese salad
tomorrow I have to make either a crock pot or insta pot meal for thursday's errand day
snacks planned

defrosting stuff for the grill for tomorrow -boston broil me 3 ounces
thinking I will make a cauliflower Cauliflower Gribiche by Jacques Pepin for wednesday.

time for counters and stove top and microwave.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:19 pm

Almost noon and I'm still puttering around. I have done parts of a.m. routine and walked the dog at least. I called dd to apologize and left a message asking her to call me. Dh talked to her last night and she will accept my heartfelt apology.

I have a therapy appointment tomorrow. I think my only goal may be to feel better this week.

I am going to:
-get rid of 10 pieces of paper in my stack.
-make the bed
-s2s

Someone had sent us a frozen smoked turkey breast - I don't remember how long ago? We had it on Sunday so will have leftovers tonight.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:58 pm

Sink are shiny, laundry ready to fold, worked on novel binder. Waving to all!

Return to “Post When You Can”