Tuesday - All In

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Tuesday - All In

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:44 pm

look at you all shiny d nancy!

hello d twins hope you are enjoying your puttering
therapy appointment is a blessing. good for you. I always come out feeling clearer and without self doubt as when I go in.

counters, stove top, microwave and sink cleaned really well.
a cup of hot tea (raspberry) is sitting next to me.
found out d mom was only going to the masses because she thought I wanted to where I was doing it for her because she said she had wanted to go. So instead of driving downtown etc. I don't have to. :D

figured out my shopping list for thanksgiving.
Sunday I am making a couple appetizers for dinner to try them out before the party

today I must order presents
oops cat escaped - they have been trying all day... when it is gray like this the coyotes come around so I will see if I can get her in. If she doesn't want to she is really hard to catch.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:15 pm

I think I have gotten rid of at least 10 pieces of paper, also paid dmom's pharmacy insurance bill, now need to mail it. Mail truck has already come by today.

Hospice nurse called and dmom has a UTI, which is contributing to the confusion, so they will treat that.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:46 pm

Well. I am NOT 'all in' today... at least certainly not from the looks of things.
Still sitting around in my pj's.
I have listed some tickets on S tub H ub for dh, so that is good. I mean, it's for both of us. He orders season tickets to basketball games, but we know we will not go to all of those games -- lots of Wed. nights, etc, -- so usually we just lose money on those games and we're paying all this money mainly to see the SEC games, later in the season. Now we have learned how S H works, so we put five games on there just now. Maybe they will sell; maybe they won't -- but they certainly won't sell lying on our dresser unlisted. :!:
Beyond that... I've done nothing.

MUST s2s and start the laundry. Dgd will be here in about an hour, and we'll have to pick up dgs at 4:00 from science club. He LOVES science club!

OH -- and MUST order hair color!!!
Tomorrow is another day.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:25 pm

Whadda day.

We had another FANTASTIC ALL IN homeschool day. We quit 20 minutes early because I ran out of things to give him to do! DS10 totally rocked his assignments today.

I had a mammogram this afternoon which always has me holding my breath since I had to have a couple of biopsies in the past. But this time nothing showed up to cause concern. YES!

I picked up DMom's new meds at the pharmacy that needed the extra authorization. Also picked up another prescription while I was there for her Parkinsons. I delivered them to her and discussed some changes she needs to make in order to use the new meds.

I filled vehicle up with gas and did a quick trip into Sam's to get half a dozen things on the buy-this list.

I made beef fajitas with an extra abundance of vegetables and served them over brown rice. It turned out super tasty.

Last weekend I joined emeals. Today I called them & canceled my membership. I like my recipes and menus better than the ones they have to offer.

I joined a group for a 90 day Gideon games challenge that starts Nov 1st. I am hoping it will keep me on track with healthy habits.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:26 pm

Laundry progressing nicely, except I did not change sheets...
Cleared a “hot spot” — nightstand. Decluttered books, magazines, newspapers, etc.
Tomorrow is another day.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:29 pm

I will do a quick post. I'm definitely "all in". We came home around 6pm. I did a couple of very light put away things, ate yummy soup & got ready for bed. Now I'm all in. Stopped at pharmacy for different blood pressure med. Dr is changing some things at least for a while to help protect my kidneys. So I'm trying to recoup & hopefully be able to go south in November. We started discussing my flying instead of the grueling road trip. All depends on what cardiologist says next week. Have to see my primary Wednesday & cardiologist Thursday. Have to get blood work this Thursday. I look like I was beaten black & blue. Such a "hard stick". Thanks to all my friends here for lifting me.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:42 pm

Dee so glad to see you back in the village. Gentle hugs.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:50 pm

hello hello d dee! I am so so happy you are home!!! what a blessing

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:00 pm

hello d lucy
yay on laundry! and yay on hot spot clearing and I am glad you were able to do it in cosy pjs
can't wait to see the hair doc

hi d twins yay on your paper. the UTI makes so much sense! praying for fast healing for your d mom

I had a nice simple dinner ready but d mom went with me to a couple errands and we ended with us picking up dd for dinner out. the last of the choucroute garnie for the year - an Alsatian dish that they make at the local bistro for October.

dd younger has a massive migraine - thank goodness I bought a ice cap for her.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:02 pm

Oh my happy to see Dee home so quickly. I think DH stayed in longer than you did. A couple of those days he was waiting for his vest. I'm glad you don't have to wear one, they are a royal pain to manage.

Today did not go as planned. Do they ever? I had to run out to help DH move a truck to different location and tonight I had to take him back out to pick up another truck. A lot of running around. But since I was out I stopped at the bank and took care of something I've been trying to figure out. And went in the store to pick up another of those pill sorters am/pm for DH. I figured it is easier for him to do 2 weeks at a time instead of running out every week.

I could do it for him, would be easier than observing him and checking, but I think he has to get used to taking care of this for himself in case I'm not here someday. He's so used to me taking care of little stuff like this. He does not know how to run the washer or dishwasher either. I have been trying to help him be more self-sufficient. It is more work than just doing it all myself. :roll:

Return to “Post When You Can”