Wednesday and the House is a Fright

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harmony

Re: Wednesday and the House is a Fright

Postby Harmony » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:17 pm

Quiet day here!

They were wearing costumes in the bank today!

I found a notice on my online library account that a book was overdue...and I was 100% sure I'd taken it back this past Thursday. So, I began doubting my memory and spent some time looking around last evening, in every spot where I could have been reading it. Checked the car thoroughly too. So today I frantically read the last part of another book I had out so I could return that at the same time I went down to question them. Nice counter lady walked over to the shelf and brought back the book...which had been reshelved but not logged from my account. Whew! I was beginning to think I'd not be able to take books out any more if I couldn't trust them...or myself...and then what would I do?

Get more housecleaning done, I guess!

Just the usual stuff today, routines first; got the guest bed remade with clean sheets again. About an hour's work outside with DH rolling up large quantities of barricade material from the house we built.

Not a very exciting day, but things are moving along.

Dee, airplane trip sounds like a good idea to me.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:03 pm

Harmony, I've had that happen before, in fact, I've gone in and checked the shelves myself when I was sure I had turned a book in.

Lunch with dd - we're back on good terms again, and then saw therapist. I'm hanging in there. Walked around neighborhood with dfriend M and Muffin when I got home also.

Supper tonight is burgers on the grill. Our little trick or treaters will be coming soon!

-plug in outside pumpkins
-feed the dog
-sweep front porch?
-get out hidden candy :lol:

I think dh is heading home early.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:06 pm

Floors are done, I swept the patio deck and carport. Cleaned the bathrooms. I saw it the front steps too.
Dinner is done.it was rainy here today, snow in the near by mtns.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:33 pm

After a minor adjustment then Homeschool Day #67 was smooth sailing. DS10 did outstanding with focus and effort.

Band class is starting to become enjoyable. I am amazed at how well they are playing together. Now there is no need to cringe and cover ears because the sounds coming out of the beginning band room are now in tune and timely notes of songs. How did the band director pull that off in a months time?

I picked up 16 extra large pizzas on my way out of town and met DSis half way to church. We transferred the pizzas to her vehicle. DSis volunteered to do DH meal preparation duties for tonight's meal with the church family.

Halloween 2018 is in the books. We made a few family/friend homes before going to our tiny town community center. Each stop takes 10 minutes or more because they insist you come inside and visit.

I drove 78 miles today in between the activities. It has been a full day.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:45 pm

Halloween is exhausting.
Tomorrow is another day.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:17 pm

Gee, because ds and ddil changed to work on their church t and t this year, their kid's little cousins on the other side of their family didn't come either. And also because of it, a set of neighbors who had come with them last year didn't come. Oh well, we went from expecting at least 6 to having no one again like most years.

lucylee, the years I've gone with dd38's children were exhausting, yes. Especially if there is a toddler. It's dark and a lot is happening at once. When my older children were little, the neighbors would take us all by hay rides. How I managed not to worry myself to death, I don't know.

Return to “Post When You Can”