Wednesday and the House is a Fright

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Wednesday and the House is a Fright

Postby Harriet » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:07 am

Don't be startled. Halloween scares are no big deal.

Realizing it's the end of the month and November is tomorrow - now THAT is astounding! :o

What distressing area of your home could benefit from some intrepid attention today? You're fearless! You are the bane of dustbunnies. Stains shiver in your presence. Disorganization straightens up quick when YOU are headed its way.

Eeeek! It's a homemaker!

BookSaver
Administrator

Re: Wednesday and the House is a Fright

Postby BookSaver » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:59 am

Harriet :lol:

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:34 am

You're fearless!

OH! I like the thought of being fearless. Thanks for the great start, Harriet!

My day started with DGD7 arriving at 6:15am. Today is "Crazy Hair Day" at her school and she was totally into having the craziest hair on the planet. Everything we tried was way too plain for her. That girl has a huge creative design desire in everything she does. Although her hair was not as crazy as she wanted, she was happy with the effort and was skipping on her way into the school when I dropped her off.

Homeschool has had a couple hiccups already this morning. We stopped & discussed the pro/cons of attitude and respect. Hopefully, it will get back on track and proceed smoothly.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:23 am

:lol: oh my gosh so funny d harriet!!! hello!

I love the "You're fearless" as well d lady
how fun about your d gd 's hair! she sounded so happy!
wishing you and your d son a happy school day!

hello d book!

have a great day everyone!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:24 am

for me: I have not vacuumed the first floor in two days or brushed the perpetual shedding dogs and cats. I hope the fur around the house is terrified bc I am coming for it.

today is desk day and stop at tarjey to finish party things.

I am thrilled and shocked: I finally paid off my cc for the trip.
transferred payment methods Yay

dd older sent me a picture of a centipede she killed last night (we don't have them in our house) and it was huge. for a girl who worked on a farm awhile she really is not an outdoor girl. lol
Last edited by blessedw2 on Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:46 am

Will do short post. Too funny, Harriet. I'm slowly, one item at a time trying to organize our kitchen counter. Making list of things for dh to bring back in from the car. Boys both offered for us to stay with them but it's honestly easier for us to stay here. We decided last night that I will fly to Florida as soon as Dr says I can go. See him next Thursday & my primary next Wednesday. Hate for dh to drive alone but it's not his first time. He got a good report yesterday from his orthopedist. Released him to go back to work in couple of weeks. Of course work will be done for winter.

I'm tired & a bit weak but am doing okay. My job now is to regain health and strength. I had no prior symptoms or warnings before my heart attack. We are very grateful this didn't happen on our way south. Would have been even more scary.

You all have a great day doing whatever you have to do. Keep those dust bunnies under control.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:47 am

Good morning! I delivered the paperwork and the check to the x last night. He wasn't there, so I texted him where it is. I REALLY hope there is not going to be trouble over this. The invitations are out for the post-party clean the fridge by removing the beer party. The beer and wine has been returned to the fridge. I found DD16's thyroid meds in the guest bath. They must have been there since Sunday. I will drop them by her other house tonight. I got a lot done in the kitchen, but followed it by staying up too late with computer jigsaws.

I decided to brain dump five things for tonight, but ended up with eight. Not in any particular order:
  1. proofread an article
  2. call pharmacy - is it REALLY the cough syrup this time or another false alarm?
  3. pick up foster cat meds
  4. get new Halloween table cloth
  5. put away LOLs - no I still have not done this and I need more room in my bed!
  6. drop off DD's thyroid pills
  7. kitchen cleanup for post-party
  8. check bathrooms for post party - they may or may not need cleaning

Harmony: Put postits on the washer and dishwasher with instructions. I have reheating leftovers postits on the fridge for DD16. (BTW, there is no excuse for a grown man not to know how to run those appliances! They come with owners' manuals. If DD was able to do them at age 8 with postits, he should be ashamed of himself!)

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:29 pm

I actually got up around 7:15 this morning, and have been mostly sitting in front of the computer since. Did we ever locate the BGS?

It is almost noon. here. I am going to s2s and then walk the dog. I am meeting dd for lunch at 2 p.m., then I have a therapy appt at three. I need to run into grocery today, but might wait until tomorrow. I suspect it will be busy at 4 p.m. today.

--------------

Didn't post, and I'm still stuck. Now I'm getting into the shower.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:49 pm

I was up on time and yea me I got my outline 99% done just in time, bc writing starts on the 1st. Omg I need to get new cards thread up before then. Back from getting the auto tags renewed and dropped off the ballots while I was at the courthouse. Then brought dog home and did a store run stocked up on a few items back home by ten thirty yea me for getting out and about early. I still need to get a roast for the crock pot.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:37 pm

I had my dgs7 from early hour (?) until 1:00 when we heard a car driving in, he thought it would be HRH, he ran out into the yard to see and hung his head in disappointment that it was ddil and he would have to leave! We had dug, hoed, spaded, gathered quartz rocks, fed clover to the chickens and explored the barn's tools and cubbies. He was a happy guy, especially since HRH did drive in shortly after his Mom, bringing a hot wheels car.

He and his Mom hadn't been gone long when more company from church dropped in. Goodness, this is days of church company. A lot of people want to come and talk to us. Thankfully, HRH did my errands today so I don't have to start rushing now that I can finally think. Grocery needs attention, but it can wait until the high traffic time is past.

I did get some cleaning chores done while dgs ate lunch.
A fright was in my fridge - yipes, some overdue clearing of science projects was needed in there!
A pall had settled ;) over the upstairs surfaces but some swiffer cloths handled that.

Return to “Post When You Can”