1 November - Eeeeek!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

1 November - Eeeeek!

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:44 am

How in the Sam Hill can it be November? A cousin of mine said last night on Facebook that when she woke up today it would be "all things Christmas." Nooooooooo.

Are you ready for end of year holidays? Ready to close the books on another year? (Eeeeeeek!) Ready for "all things winter?" or in other cases, all things Summer?

Working together, and using our collective brain makes "all things" easier.

And how did you weather Halloween?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: 1 November - Eeeeek!

Postby Nancy » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:59 am

Journal and planning done. Laundry is in the dryer now.
Happy all saints day!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:22 am

EEEEEEK!!! is right! I agree "How in Sam Hill can it be November?"
thank you for starting us d twins!

Working together, and using our collective brain makes "all things" easier.
so true!

Happy all saints day to you d Nancy. great start to your day! good for you.

wishing everyone a great day
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:33 am

Today is usually my errand day but I got almost everything done yesterday. I figured out that since I was out that I might as well continue until done.
I put on a little classical music bc I needed a quiet morning

I didn't do my dailies or the rest of my home blessing and it shows.

My hope:
put away Halloween and bring out fall/thanksgiving
menu plan (I usually do it on Wednesday)
wrap presents
return one gift at local toy shop
stop by city hall to change how I pay for utilities

How is it I feel stressed about the holidays already.
I feel so far behind. 8-)

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:07 am

I am still dragging but feeling some energy return. I'm sitting in front of the SAD light too. Saw therapist yesterday and that was useful.

We had a lot of trick or treaters, mostly little kids and mostly early. We turned out our light well before 8 p.m. I think and came in. So many neighbors like us were sitting on front porch or in lawn chairs outside. Dfriend M came up with dRuby when her dh was ready to turn out the light, had a glass of wine with us and talked. DMuffin hung out on the porch with us, as calm as she could be although she was sticking to me like glue.

Today I have a round of errands to run and things to do here at home. Dh has a client meeting in the evening so I'm off the hook for cooking dinner.

OMM
-put away Halloween
-DAR documents
-minimum 15 min in garage (putting away halloween will help)
-mother
-p/u at cleaners
-groceries
-post office
-get tires checked? ( I am traveling tomorrow, I have one that is a little low and recently had a nail in another one.)
-gas up the car
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:11 am

how nice d twins - sounds like a lovely way to end halloween!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:16 am

I didn't do my usual yesterday and the house has presents, dishes, dog beds etc. out. my desk is in the kitchen and it was full, I literally dropped things off daily and not put away for 2 days. ... dh brought in the water guy to put the water bottle in. I was sitting in my pjs on the couch (hair all over). why can't people come when my home is usually clean. it blew up. and why dh continues to bring in people when it is like this. I had a migraine one time and I was resting on the couch and he brought in Jehovah witnesses :shock: He means nothing by this but he does this since he got sick years ago. He can't help it. Oh well. it will give me the energy to go do my dailies and my home blessing.

I hired someone to come in on Tuesday to give the house a good scrub down before the holidays. I need this for me. :D

I am done with a group of Christmas presents. Yay.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:21 am

More OMM:

Tomorrow I have a 10 a.m. funeral at the temple to attend before I leave town. The 36 year old son of a friend of ours died Tuesday of unknown causes. (They had an autopsy, they may know by now.) This is the family that owns the jewlers where we go. We have known then since we've been married and do a lot of biz there. I went to HS with, but didn't know the mother of the 36 year old son. My kids went to school with and carpooled to Hebrew school with his cousins, who are their age. The son who died is the 4th generation in this jewelry business and he's the only 4th generation to be involved, so far. The youngest of the cousins is still in Hebrew school, dd has babysat for them. Sad occasion.

I am hoping to be in Memphis on Friday in time to stream our temple service, if wi-fi in hotel permits.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:35 am

We had no trick or treaters here (fully did not expect anyone). We are officially the last ones here. The last holdout pulled his camper out this morning. Most leave their RV's right here. But some like to store them over the winter. We have no choice. Ours is definitely very permanent. Not meant to be towed out.

Went to a lab nearby for a blood draw this morning. She managed to get it first stick. Told her I could hug her and she told me, "Bring it in". :D And I did. Finding a spot is pretty hard right now with so much of both arms, from my fingers to above my elbows is pretty much all black and blue. I do feel pretty good right now, though I'm about to try a little nap. I've been awake since around 2/2:30am. Beginning to feel sleepy. Hopefully my potassium and ceratanine levels are where they should be.

I've been putzing around here for maybe 7-10 minutes at a time. Know I shouldn't be doing more than that yet. And definitely no lifting or pushing off with my left arm/wrist. Hard to remember.

Friend is bringing us chicken noodle soup this afternoon. Sounds so good. I am losing weight -not the way I wanted to for sure! :? But it definitely needs to be down, down, down. Think I need to lose 47#.

Trying to figure out our health insurance for 2019! Nightmare it is! And this is all online as it still hasn't shown up at the post office. Our deadline is November 9th so need to get 'er done. Looks like it's going up another $80/month this year. :roll: But I'm almost afraid to switch. Last year info was mailed out October 14th and we got it mid-January. So learned I could find it under Harris online. Maybe I'll really work on it tomorrow. :mrgreen:
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:42 am

I have made progress. Maybe I should have called this Ta Dah Thursday:
-walked the dog in a light rain, only 1/2 lap.
-brought in all the Halloween from the front porch, rearranged pillows and furniture from sitting out there last night
-started a small lol
-made bed, straightened MBR and bath
-folded sheets from earlier in the week

Break until noon now.

Return to “Post When You Can”