Friday in Full Swing

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Friday in Full Swing

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:42 am

hi d Elizabeth good morning! happy friday! Yay on getting that work done!
enjoy dance class tonight! wishing you a great day
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:10 pm

I'm in full swing here today. I can't believe the morning is about gone already.

I got up really early this morning to check on something for DH. That took about an hour, lots of computer work and phone calls. I hate the way this one nearby city schedules things.

After dailies I worked on my desk; paid bills; emptied the little memo rack and 2 letter trays and sorted and dealt with all that. It's stuff that doesn't need to be done immediately like bills etc. and sometimes stacks up. I couldn't stand the mess any more.

Found something along the way that caused me to look online and get another Christmas present. Slow but sure I'll get there. Caught a sale on this one, a great deal.

Now I must run out and get things for DH and take to job. :roll:

Harriet, we should ask Sunny to tell us about the year she put her jack-o-lantern on top of her (warm) TV in her living room and what happened to the TV when it started to drip. We all learned something that year!

Hello to everyone!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:15 pm

I can see I need to post here today to give myself kudos for continuing to work
Post away, Blessed. I can see the same thing for me as I'm accomplishing so little these days. But if I can post an accomplishment perhaps I'll feel like I've done something.

Noticed I failed to wish Mr and Mrs Bittersweet a Happy Anniversary yesterday -so belated wishes!

Dh went to the fire department to take a shower a couple of hours ago and then to the $ store for some bowls and moth balls. From there to the post office to make sure all our mail was out of our box and then to the grocery store. Waiting for him to come home for lunch. Dear friend brought us chicken noodle soup (yummy!) last night along with homemade rolls and butterscotch pudding. Think he's going to take a run in to the fire department tonight for their turkey raffle. Know he won't be gone long. That's as long as I'm doing okay.

Have a phone call into my Dr's office to inquire about changes in medication and when to switch back to what I was taking. Think I was supposed to start my metformin (a diabetic med) last night and my blood pressure med changes back next Monday. But I'm supposed to make sure she wants me to take that. I do see my lab results from yesterday are back and it looks like my creatinine level is down even more than when she had it taken a month ago. That was the big concern -my kidneys and the contrast for the angiogram. My cardiologist took a lot of steps to insure against any damage.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:05 pm

DH and I had 3 glorious hours together this morning. We did several errands that needed us both. I am relieved to have those items done.

DD text this morning to tell DGD7 to come home. DS10 asked if he could go to DD home too. I asked DD and she agreed. DS10 called an hour after I dropped them off requesting me to come to get him. Nope. I knew DS10 only wanted to go there to get out of doing school work. I am making him stay the agreed upon 3 hours until we meet for lunch. DS10 may not be enjoying himself but he is not in danger. After we get back from lunch & bazaar then we are going to do homeschool this afternoon. Today's lesson for DS10 includes.....Thou shall not try to outwit the teacher. You don't have fun and you still have to do your school work.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:42 pm

Headed out to College Town.
I have caught dh’s cold and I feel miserable. Sore throat, sinus drainage... yuck.
Dh told me to stay home; he and dgs could go on their own. LOL — no way. I dont trust him to keep up with dgs in the crowd.
Tomorrow is another day.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:37 pm

Awwww, sorry lucylee! Get well soon!

Happy Anniversary Mr. and Mrs. bittersweet!

blessed, IKWYM about seeing out ahead that a future week will be overwhelming!

Harmony, :lol:
Sunny, :lol:
I live with Mr. Suspicious about any kind of foodstuffs, and he had that pumpkin out to the porch fast, right after the party guests left. We believe it was already starting to have blackened "teeth" and some inside mushiness, even before trick or treat. No matter now, since it is tossed deep into the woods today!

Also extra laundry done.
Also serious attention to trash and recyclables.
Ordered craft supplies for children's event next wk.
Told tales about Twins' Mom and Elizabeth in A, C and N.

Lovely just to stop a bit today, and sit on the porch, and appreciate the bird life as migration continues. The robins had arrived and taken over the lawn, rousting the starlings, who were complaining loudly in the trees. (hierarchy of bird power, I guess) Our own native bluejay couple were still determined to stake claim on the lawn, but got into flusters with robins every once in a while. The squirrels were too disgusted by all the birds to even show up.

Next up - household Desk Day extras
Next Next up - "Harriet's Own Maid Service" must reappear (do I sound like Elizabeth?)

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:57 pm

´*•.¸('*•.¸ ¸.•*´)¸.•*´
«´¨`•°HURRAY°•´¨`»
.¸.•*'(¸.•*´ `*•.¸)`*•.¸

Balloons are falling!!
Confetti is streaming!!
RunKitty has reached
a total of 365 days of
consecutive morning runs!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:09 pm

:lol: Yep, you do, Harriet. My exercise physicist helped me out on the deck where I walked several times back and forth. I counted a whole 600 steps. My pedometer shows a whopping 345 steps total for the day. Shows how accurate it is, doesn't it! I have a new (more expensive) one ordered. For some reason (not ordered through A river) it went to somewhere in Oveido, FL, certainly not here in NY. I'm hoping by reading up on the new one that it will be much more accurate. I was thinking of a Fit Bit but had changed my mind. At any rate this new one is being 'replaced' and now sent to DD's house in FL. When we did all this I had figured I'd be there by the time it arrived. All before my heart attack.

Congratulations, Kitty! Good for you. Hmmmmm. Perhaps a good idea for me to begin counting the consecutive days of exercise again. Did that once before a long time ago. I believe it was back when Smile Lee was with us. Some of you may remember her.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:26 pm

RunKitty - CONGRATULATIONS! i am soooo very happy for you!

After lunch, I took DGS21 to 2 adulting activities - to vote and get a library card. We also went and spent an hour at DMom's home listening to her talk.

I observed to DH that both of our DMom's are in a similar phase of life. They both talk about themselves all the time. Even on Halloween night instead of responding to Grandkids trick-n-treating them, they only talked about themselves and their owies. It is like their world has shrunk until they are the only thing in their thought process.

DS10 was successful at not having school work today. My plans for homeschool after lunch were OBE. I am considering doing homeschool on Saturday. Hum.... But that means I have to give up MY Saturday. Lose-Lose. I think we will just use one of our 5 days of no homeschool for this month.

I am going to sit in the sun and read a book. The weather is absolute too beautiful to waste.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:20 pm

The Medicaid enrollment cube is processed. I have determined the cause of an apparent error in the timeliness report. When comparing counts, it is essential to distinguish between a count of total items vs a count of distinct items. It was an illusory problem. My car is expected to be returned to me on Tuesday.

Interesting conversation with the x, and not regarding the check I gave him recently. DD16 has a friend from school, and we are both extremely pleased she has a friend (autism makes that not a given) and have met and liked this friend. The friend, R, is house sitting for her aunt and wants DD to spend the night tonight. They have Friday off, so there is no school conflict. The good thing about house sitting is that R is considered trustworthy by her parents and her aunt. The bad thing is: two teenagers, no adult on premises, what could go wrong? I suggested that DD be allowed to go with R to the aunt's house, but not stay overnight. In the unlikely event shenanigans had been planned, they would be cancelled when the schedule indicated an adult showing up later in the evening. The x was relieved and grateful for the idea.

Congratulations to RunKitty and the Bittersweets.

ETA: Just realized today is Friday not Thursday. Of course there is no school tomorrow! DUH!
Last edited by Elizabeth on Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”