Friday in Full Swing

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Friday in Full Swing

Postby Harriet » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:45 am

Are you swishing and swiping through the house to Swing Music today?

Is fruit balancing on your head, or maybe a few bananas askew, as you Samba?

Or are you in full swing as you head out the door to be maaaaavelous?

Let us know your plans in full swing today - you'll be unstoppable!

Harriet

Re: Friday in Full Swing

Postby Harriet » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:57 am

Today I'll be balancing... ..

housework, and lots of it,
organization/calendaring,
with creative time sprinkled in as treats

I was Reese-ied yesterday - sale candy wormed its way into my home by way of dd and the young man, who are to young to know IT'S A TRAP! So, even though I would have been mature enough to leave it at the store no matter how much of a percentage it was "off", I still found myself sampling, once it was actually here. Sigh.

the carved pumpkin needs to be thrown far into some woods or something before it completely turns brown on my porch. This is why ddil refuses any carving except with a sharpie marker, lol. Hers still look great. Ours slowly turned from cheery decoration to weirdo experiment.

Other decor needs to come down. A few more thanks/autumn decor pieces need to go up.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:11 am

hello d harriet!!!
lol about the candy...I know the candy has a tendency to jump in grocery carts when you aren't looking!

I love your writing!

Hope you have a great day!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:39 am

today I am hoping to stay home. Each day seems to run out of time before I get to the rest of my dailies and house work done. I haven't touched my home blessing!!! I can see this coming week ahead, will be crazy as I still have the party, to put the holiday lights up outside, do a bit of work outdoors, dr. appointments and take up the christmas boxes and put them in the 3 season room for November 30th. I ended up calling the cleaning company I had in August. They are coming Tuesday. I can see I am starting to drown in my house (more like panic) and I want to get a step forward on the deep clean before the holidays.

today is car and purse day - woo hoo 8-) :D Actually I have grown to love this weekly focus.

so far:

had my coffee and breakfast
listened to youtube videos (A better life with kat, dianne in denmark) - I start my day with these two every day (except saturday and sunday for Diane)

what is needed
put away
surface cleaning
dailies
cold wash
take outside machine in
pack the shipping stuff together for November 13th shipping.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:55 am

Yesterday was full of challenges and blessings. I did not eat a single bite of Halloween candy but DS10 sure did. OHBOY! If you ever wonder how sugar affects someone, just monitor them after Halloween candy overload. We had a few bumps in the road but overall had a successful homeschool day. I took DS10 to STEM class and we both returned library books and checked new ones out. We picked DGD7 up from school and she spent the night with us.

Today is the yearly local church bazaar. There is a group of ladies that have meet together for decades. They prepare all year long for this day. Lunch is homemade feast made by these ladies and it is held in the middle of their craft show. I have invited DGS21 and DD to join us for lunch and browsing. If it is like previous years, many jars of jelly and jams will come home with us.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:56 am

have fun at the church bazaar!
have a great day d lady!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:58 am

I can see I need to post here today to give myself kudos for continuing to work ;) otherwise I can't focus because things are out of hand.
sorry if I am putting everything here as I go.

so far 8-)
emptied dw
filled with last nights dishes and dog bowls etc. turned it on again.
fed the dogs and myself.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:24 am

I took a break last night emptied the sinks that is about all. H was home ill so I just let him have the living room. I retreated to the basemrnt. Glad I cleaned Wed. Waving to all. My out lining has really paid off yea!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:36 am

Good morning everyone and happy Friday! Last night was the usual DD16 doing homework and eating dinner. While she did that I worked on getting the house ready for guests Saturday. Two bins of Halloween went to the shed before it got too dark. All Halloween is gathered by the back door for when it is light enough. The guest bathroom is sparkly, the sewing room is swept and catbox extreme cleaned, hallway cleared, progress made on kitchen.

Tonight, cat food run, dance class, grocery run. Remaining cleanup: clean other bathroom, finish kitchen (mostly done), sweep all rooms but sewing room and guest bath, mop kitchen floor.

At payroll, I must process the Medicaid enrollment cube before the day is done. More talk about my team being moved, but also more talk from higher ups about me returning to the team I am actually working with (my preference).

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:41 am

feeling so much stress again :shock: 8-)
but I am trying to go back to the basics.

so far this last turn: :D
cleaned the sink well
cleaned the counters
cleaned the stove

Return to “Post When You Can”