Be sure you’re on time! DST ends today.

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Be sure you’re on time! DST ends today.

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:13 pm

I had to cancel an order for pick up at Wal mart - I placed it for the wrong store. It is hard to cancel a pick up at Wal mart. i felt bad the employees had to work on this. The hard part with walmart is the charge your cc right away. I like Tar jay s way of just having it at the front pick up and then charge you for the items. I was desperate (time wise) and tried this. I had gone to Tar jay the other day and forgot Ben adryl etc.. Wal mart has you jumping through hoops to cancel a pick up. Even if I had a pick up order confirmation number, Wal mart does not use the number and does not know what all is part of the order. The person on the contact was really nice. So hopefully they will put the money back on my cc.

I ran out:
stopped at target thinking it was the store I ordered pick up from. I ended up picking up the few things I needed. Then working for a half hour to cancel the pick up at Wal mart. It's the least I should wait because I put someone at work getting my items at Wal mart.
I have never done this before. Maybe it's Gods way to say slow down and just do your own work. 8-) ;)

Tossed a load of dd youngers laundry in because she brought it down and I thought I would help her while she is working on a project for a company
Halloween is finally down outside but still needs to be put away

more laundry flip flopped. (need to fold and put away a set of sheets) clean sheets already on bed
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:02 pm

LucyLee - At least you set an alarm! POTB for that! I hope your busy day goes well. Thank for the start!

RE: Walmart pickup. I've never tried that. I have many friends/family that are starting to use it and praise it. I just can't figure out how it would help me. I do shop WM online and have the items shipped (free) directly to my home. 95% of my fresh and frozen items are from Sam's. What I don't find at Sam's then I buy at our local owned grocery store. I'm can't remember the last time I bought food stuff at brick-n-mortar WM. For me, it is just a matter of time & effort. I don't like to shop so I buy in bulk and keep a well stock pantry. I use very little processed food so the staples are easy to keep in stock. I feel like I must be missing something.....WM pickup is such a popular service...why can't I find a reason to use it? hum....

This morning DGS21 and I spent a couple hours hiking in the mountain refuge. I always love the time spent there and feel refreshed from the experience.

CCC = 51
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:22 pm

things like Ben adryl and cold meds they won't ship. (very understandable).
Tar get has a better system - because they don't charge your account right away. If they don't have it in the store they just don't order it they tell you where as Walmart just orders it and if you don't want to pay the fee it can be 2 weeks for some items.

i have had really good luck with ordering from tar get. I feel guilty about it but I will say Nordstrom does it now - you go over to shelves in the front - grab your items in a bag and pay for it on your phone or at the shoe department in the front of that entrance. I have never tried it but I have heard great things about this especially if you are working full time and have little ones. All you do for tar jay is go to the front desk and show them your license and pay for it. it is a great service when you are busy especially during the holidays.

Oh your walk with your dgs21 sounds wonderful! so happy you feel so refreshed - d lady

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:39 pm

mom and dd's want to go out to dinner. I am not ready for a heavy meal but I haven't spent time with d mom for a couple of days.
All of the halloween is put away where it belongs. Thanksgiving is up inside and out. (outside is minimal)
more laundry needs to be folded and I need to throw in another load of laundry.

Still feeling so far behind which also is making me stressed. I don't like a dirty dog fur filled house. I know I am always busy but it seems like my dailies are not catching up. sink is clean as well as counters and stove at least.

another TRUTH: I HAVE NOT SWISHED AND SWIPED IN 4 DAYS
I HAVE NOT BRUSHED THE DOGS IN 4 DAYS
forgot to take my meds this am. :roll:

younger old dog (shep/lab) has really bad legs and hips now and came down in the basement behind me. She couldn't get back up as her hips and legs couldn't go up. I helped her and she Yipped when I helped. her. poor girl. I just have to make sure i keep the door closed if i go where there are steps. She wants to be with me so bad and when she was young it was no problem. Sweet girl. Older dog is still loosing weight but is so happy and moving around. I know she can't last but I sure will give her tons of love until she no longer has joy or I see she is uncomfortable. Right now she thinks she is still a young pup.

all laundry has been separated and put in the correct area. I have about 4 loads to wash to do still
time to flip flop laundry. that will be later :arrow: . I have to pick up d mom

vacuumed surface walking paths only of first floor - that is done. :D
I need to put the two tops for cleaners in dh's car trunk bc he is going during the week.

ta ta for now.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:02 pm

Lucyleee, thanks for the reminder. I'd forgotten about the time already.

Last night I was so exhausted I just knew today would be a slow day. I got up 3 times this morning and went back to bed 2 times so I slept on and off till noon. Wow. It took another hour or so till I got ambitious. I guess I needed the rest.

I got 2 LOL done. Dailies done and quite a lot of paperwork again. The last of the forms came in today in our fax machine for that big project I'm still trying to get finalized with the loan people. So Monday I will have to work on that and put the packet all together. DH needs to go get notary on several of the papers and I have a letter to write to include. I'll be happy not to think about this stuff any more.

We took a bike ride. I didn't want to go but DH did and I didn't want him going alone. He did better than I did, less tired.

Better go change a couple clocks while I think of it.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:29 pm

All day at the women's workshops plus traveling. Up at 5:30. About 2 to 2.5 hours trip each way. Pretty good weather - no rain and some sun, though cold.

But very frankly, except for enjoyment of nice people, the best thing about the time there was the one keynote lesson and the gift shop - nothing else was worth the trip.

The woman who was to teach the informational lecture I needed to attend was too sick to come, and though I of course wouldn't want her coming sick, there was also no one to take over for her: no plan. Sigh. That meant they cancelled it, and I ended up with nothing to attend but 2 really off-target workshops - a craft one that was a total waste of time with a budget of zero, and a stretching (?) one. Not at all what I was supposed to be learning. I enjoyed my friends and newly-made friends at both of these, but good grief.

At the gift shop I made a point to check out right in front of the woman who drove us, and told the cashier I was paying for her trinkets, too. Not much more than my share of the gas if that much, but at least I know it was spent on things she chose for herself.

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:37 pm

Hello, villagers ~
I had a good day yesterday: met a dear friend for tea in the afternoon and then shopped for a few groceries to try a few new recipes next week.

I am feeling unproductive right now, but actually I have worked a lot today.

I had an extra shift at the library subbing for a coworker who needed to take her young son to a school activity.
That meant that I had to be up early and get myself ready to leave the house in the morning -- a challenge! ;)
Traffic at the library was steady and I had a project to do in between patrons. My teenage coworker does a good job but still needs a lot of supervision, which takes more energy than when I'm paired with either of my adult coworkers.

DH and I went out to a local diner for late lunch. I could only eat half of my small Hawaiian Delight pizza (Canadian bacon, red onion, pineapple, and jalapeno, on very thin crust) so now I have yummy leftover pizza for breakfast tomorrow. :)

Since we've been home, I've been taking care of some desk stuff.

I finally came here to cuop since Wednesday night. When I started reading, though, I felt like a fraud and I got right up to put a load of laundry in the washer and set some dishes to soak in the sink. At least I can get a little something accomplished tonight.

However, I won't be doing much more. I am looking forward to the extra hour of sleep the time change will be giving us.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:40 pm

I had a long drive to Memphis yesterday, a DNA seminar today, then a long drive home. Got in about 45 minutes ago. I’ll be going to bed soon and starting fresh tomorrow.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:05 pm

A bit of housekeeping, Mods.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:16 am

I'll try again in the morning, Harriet.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Return to “Post When You Can”