planning ahead Sunday.

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Lynlee

Re: planning ahead Sunday.

Postby Lynlee » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:26 am

Lucylee - the states which aren't partially in the tropics have daylight saving - that started 7 October.
Its that the tropics have 12 hrs daylight year round, and when the sun goes down it gets dark quickly.
To say nothing of not wanting the hottest part of the day to be delayed by an hour.
Yes there is a touristy town built that straddle 2 states the 2 time zones, which makes life interesting and an extra challenge for visitors when you aren't sure which state you are in, and those people push for 'everyone to be on the same time'.
Then there is the undercurrent that says if you can't do the sums, maybe, we could be like china and make all of Australia the same time zone so that no one is happy. At the moment we have 5 time zones.

Home. I missed the movie, but did enjoy the aircon at library and grocery store. The walk home from the bus stop in the sun, not so much. Last chance for the movie is Wed afternoon.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

lucylee

Re: planning ahead Sunday.

Postby lucylee » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:55 am

Thanks, Lynlee! I had no idea. There are some places here that get confusing too — like our eastern state line is the dividing line between central and eastern time, but at least one city in our state operates on the other state’s time zone for convenience — I guess they are right on the line and their citizens do a lot of business in the neighboring state.
And of course we have a few states that don’t do daylight savings time at all.

I very slowly exercised 15 minutes.
Watched Blue Bloods. I love that show.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”