Full swing repeat (except its Monday!!!! Yay)

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Full swing repeat (except its Monday!!!! Yay)

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:09 pm

did you have hot decaf tea yet and put on a heating blanket for a bit. dd younger's body needs that all the time.
hope you warm up d dee
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:19 pm

hyaluronic acid injections - in practical terms, the comb of chickens, so I like to hear it called what it is, instead of sounding so scary. We have it in our cartilage, too, so it's not weird to take more. For the injections, made into a cushion-gel for smoother movement of joints. Also the white stuff just on the inside on eggs when you crack them - that is made into capsule-form supplements that also help some people's joints. However, the name for that substance has left my brain cells at the moment. :?

Cathy, great job on donations!

Oh, Dee, I love quotes but am not so keen on hearing about ones you heard on the operating table. :( Still, he sounds very kind. thinking of him saying "we" makes me smile.

Lots of great quotes here the past couple days - I need to go back and write these things down!

mods housekeeping happened to a "stopping place"

Worked with HRH to draft a quilt block pattern. It is very difficult to decide who is in charge when we work together on technical or tedious things, but we manage it.

Added to my nearly impossible week, HRH remembered we have 1 birthday of dstepson and 2 birthdays of child-in-laws all at the same time. I have never handled this convergence well before, so the chances of handling it well this time are slim and none.

Laundry is dinging.

Next up Desk Day and brunch.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:29 pm

so interesting thank you d harriet! by the way good morning to you!
I love that you are creating a new quilt design.
enjoy your day

cathy - yay on donations! enjoy your day

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:32 pm

dishwasher is on
sink is clean
counters are clean
soup is cooking
meds taken by both the dogs and by me 8-)
dh checked on brushes for the winter (all are in cars)
dh bought me a container of salt for the front hall closet

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:33 pm

the weirdest thing: the things they said that would be cancelled for pick up - where shipped to my home instead I better check my charge card. I think Wal mart is so big that they haven't figured this thing out.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:50 pm

Glad to know about the info. Blessed shared on pick up groc. At he W store. I am still doing my own shopping I enjoy doing that and is nearly my only putting so I need to get out of the house.

Yesterday could have went better for h family, no lu ch, no phone service except in one spot, a relative did not come till dark, was ill and had not given couurent phone #. Sheesh it was an exercise in how not to do something. Sitting outside all day not fun. H was out of sorts when he got home and was still crumbly about it this morning. Could not be helped bc they he did not want to take the food I got for them. Said they would figure it out up there, no cafe in the small town. Don know what he thought they would do. But hospitality is not their gift. :roll: I am SO glad I did not go! Getting them to have current contact info. Is a huddle trying to get past this week. Great story fodder if I change it up. Lol!

Ok moving on... I need to get moving and dump trash, vacuumed living room, and try a write in again.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:59 pm

For those who are interested, I'm still alive. Harriet asked that I post.

I wouldn't want to meet any doctor on the operating table after what I've had in the last 24 hours!

I'm taking today off (so am not yet dressed, nor have done anything aside from unload the dishwasher and my SAD light.)

I've had a very intense 4 days with a house guest. He and dh had to work on writing a standard. He's at Michigan State U and all funding for travel was cut off so due to the Larry Nassar sex abuse scandal, so he came here using airline points and we put him up and fed him so the standards work could get done. People often don't realize that ISO standards are written by volunteers who often pay for their own travel to meet and work since there is no government funding (we even pay to belong to our government standards bodies.)

Dgs had to stay with us on Saturday night so it was a full house. He took 1/3 less time to settle to sleep than last time but was up at 4:10 after only 7 hours of sleep. Both dh and I went to bed when he did so I had 7 hours sleep and another 3 hours in bed yesterday afternoon (slept for about 1 hour of that.) I'm very sore today from lifting and carrying him and doing lots of squats to get to his level. He is a joy to have and I miss him when he's not here but I'm seriously exhausted.

I'm seriously behind on everything and getting depressed because of it but not able to work since my life is far too busy with others distracting me. I won't get a full day of doing nothing today, but I desperately need a full week of no disruptions.

The next few weeks will be tough because dd resolutely refuses to buy a car and yet needs one to get to the now necessary medical appointments (she left her last midwife appointment with 7 more appointments to make.) For 3 of the last 5 times she's used our transit station the elevator has been out. She can no longer lift dgs or the stroller so getting him and the stroller up 25 stairs leaves her at the mercy of others.

So when I play 'tough love' and only offer to babysit here, I feel like I'm being exceptionally cruel. Yet at the same time, every trip I make to her place adds one hour of commute time for me, not to mention that she then expects to use my car or, if I refuse, my time babysitting is lengthened by at least an hour.

I have no mental strength for this battle so end up capitulating but my resentment that my days now have to revolve around her is increasing. Their refusal is not financial, it is the time it will take (I asked them 5 months ago to start shopping so they'd have a car by now) and the 'environment', conveniently ignoring that my car's mileage is currently 30% driving her around.

I'm learning more and more about the emotional changes concussions bring on and now might understand why people who have been concussed abuse alcohol or drugs (does being drunk when concussed feel the same as being drunk when healthy?, if not, then they get to feel 'normal' for a while. I miss feeling normal.)

I'm also far less patient with people and far more hurt by slights. I've unfriended a cousin on FB since she posted a stupid meme that, in effect, calls those who read it through dumbasses. When I complained that was rude, she said "Tee Hee". No, not tee-hee, I'm devastated my cousin thinks calling me a dumbass is funny and feel very insecure when family, who should be supportive, choose to mock me and the way I feel.

This intense emotional reaction is part of the reason it is less stressful to stay away from the SHE boards. Being here links the news out of the US to real people and I see the effects of it. Twins, in particular was in my thoughts.

From the outside, this podcast shows how it looks to the rest of the world.

America is Collapsing: What happens to Canada when it does?

I assume each of you have voted already or plan to. But like our visitor, I also assume that each of you assumes someone else will help others vote. When I suggested he take time to go over how to vote on campus with his students, he said there were people to help with that. Given young people reportedly couldn't do advance mail-in ballots because they didn't want to take the time to learn how to buy a stamp, I'm not holding out much hope. (source:https://www.businessinsider.com/young-voters-dont-know-where-to-buy-stamps-for-absentee-ballots-2018-9) He felt it was not worthwhile anyway since he 'knew' his state was not his party so his vote really didn't count for anything.

It is too late for you to help young people buy stamps but it would be worthwhile if each of you made sure 10 people got to the polls with the correct ID and were able to vote regardless of what the voters' list says. Learn the rules for provisional ballots for your state so if the people you take are told they are not allowed to vote, you can use the correct words to make sure they are not disenfranchised. I don't care what party they are, I just want people voting. I want you to understand that people in other countries line up for hours, risking beatings and shootings in order to vote. They help each other rather than assume someone else will do it.

Life if very black now for me - I feel like dd is abusing me, I feel the US citizens are abusing each other and the gift they were given, and I feel like the whole world is imploding and there is no safe place to be.

That's why I'm not here at the moment.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:07 pm

Kathryn...

Was so glad to see you had posted, but sorry to learn you are still struggling to connect with those around you due to ongoing results of your concussion.

I believe you have a right to feel the way you do about your daughters situation considering she must know about your health. No wonder your feelings are hurt.

I have always taken my right to vote as important and my ballad was mailed in weeks ago. Most of my friends and all of my family, including my young adult nieces and nephews donas well. My brother and I began teaching our kids the importance of voting in all elections. My brother supports one party and I the other.

Changes in behaviors after a brain injury is very common, but seldom is discussed, and often includes depression. Perhaps you could discuss this with your dr. I have seen this with many of the students that I taught.

A brilliant friend of mine was in a car accident several years ago and suffered a brain injury. For the first year she had a terrible time dealing with the outside world. She lost the ability to concentrate and was unable to read very well and she is one of the best reading teachers I know. She also taught kids brain injuries but that didn’t help her with her own recovery.

She had to have physical therapy to reteach her lost skills and was placed on antidepressants to help with her dark thinking, concentration and noises. It’s been three years now and although she is much better some things still bother her.

I hope we see more of you here as you know you are missed. We are a safe place here with all
Of us wanting to help you anyway we can.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:23 pm

TWINS!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!! That is a huge accomplishment!

((((Kathryn)))) I appreciate your concern and heart for others. It is fantastic to see you posting and selfishly I hope you are able to return to posting regularly, but I don't want it to bring you harm.

I have chosen to do a 99% news fast. I do monitor the news by doing a quick 5 minute read through sites like allsides. I read the left and right news to try to get a feel for what they are pushing. I am looking for FACTS not opinions. I rarely (never) listen to one person opinion like the podcast you posted.....by the way, if anyone wants it here is a working link.

Overall my thoughts are we (united states) and many other countries are not mentioned in the Bible. We aren't the most important country in the world. As long as we stand with Israel then I'm okay. If the US ever breaks with Israel then I'm going to be making a decision where to move to.

We have had another great day of homeschool. I am holding my breath that this may become the new normal. I am adding more and more assignments and curriculum to our daily school and DS10 is easily doing them. I don't know if this change is from age, attitude or maybe the extra magnesium I started giving him that is making the improvement. Regardlessly, I am loving it!

On the flip side.....DS10 has another new tic. Eye blinking. It isn't just blinking but more like rapid eye squinting. He hasn't mentioned it so I don't know if he is even aware of it. We try to ignore all tics that don't cause physical harm.....other than me documenting them.

I'm going to eat lunch then go pick up DMom for her medical appointment.

Harriet - are you thinking of collagen?
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:32 pm

We voted mail in no stamps needed in our state.

I have raked the l leaves in the font yard.
More to bag up after a writing sprint.

Return to “Post When You Can”