Wednesday in your house

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

Wednesday in your house

Postby CathyS » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:57 am

Hi everyone!

What are doing in your house today?

That massive windstorm from yesterday has settled down, so I will be outside with a huge fire on the ground beside the fire barrel. Dh had some things delivered in wooden crates last week and he can't cut them down because they have metal reinforcement straps all around the edges.

Supper tonight will be a huge roast chicken and scalloped potatoes and carrots. Maybe cooked beets as well, because I have a huge bag to get through before they rot. It was 99 cents for a 10 pound bag a while ago, and we have only had one meal with them so far.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Wednesday in your house

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:49 am

That was some wind, Cathy! Got it here too. Think we're past it now.

I'm slowly getting ready for my Dr appointment this morning. Taking a short rest right now. I'm s2slippers. Next up will be shoes & socks and doing something with my 'mop' as Harriet said last night. Was thinking about shampooing but not sure I have it in me this morning. After I see the Dr I have to go for blood work (same building) and then chat with the care manager for a few minutes. Think dh is going with me for the first time ever. We'll see.

Dh is trying to put a few more things in the car. Everything that's out there is that much less I have to deal with.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:51 am

thank you for starting us today d Cathy - how nice!

quick hi - hello d cathy and d dee - hello everyone.
I saw sunny was here with d lucy last night.

Waving at you all.
Wishing you the best!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:52 am

I am moving s-l-o.....w 8-) :D
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:53 am

I was up just past seven and need to be out the door soon.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:00 am

I'm up and going.

DGD7 requested waffles for breakfast so I did that. Then I brushed and french braided her hair after she got dressed. I've taken her to school and watched her skipping on the way to the playground.

DS10 is still sleeping. He needs way more sleep than DGD7 does. He usually sleeps 10 -12 hours.

Yesterday I bought a turkey in case I decide to cook another Thanksgiving meal. If I don't use it for Thanksgiving then it will get used later. Name brand turkey (Butterball) for 99 cents a pound is a fairly good deal. Win-Win-Win.'

Today is typical Wednesday -
** Homeschool
** Band class
** DGD7 from school
** church
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

helia

Postby helia » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:03 am

We still have wind here, Dee and Cathy S. It looks like it will die down tonight. Ours are about 20 mph; perhaps your winds are stronger.
Waving back, blessed!
You're amazing even considering making multiple Thanksgiving meals, LadyM.
Have a good day Twins!

I never jogged yesterday, though I had the time. The gray very windy weather was just not inspiring, and I didn't feel motivated to move past the weather. Nor did I get myself to the gym. I hope to do one of those today.

My main goals for today:
1. Payroll - grading
2. Payroll - type up S writing samples
3. Exercise
4. Payroll - teach the class (out 1-4)
5. Vacuum the living areas
?6. Maybe some errands? The library and bank?
7. Dinner tonight: tacoes and salad.

I will try to fit in other smaller tasks around these main goals.

Slow start today. I have:
- done dog care
- checked email and websites -- probably spent too much time :roll:
- tea
- made appt. to bring in my car for service next week

Next:
- some qt
- s2s and self care
- tackle payroll

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:10 am

Our winds were up to and above 50mph, Helia. Did some damage around but livable.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

helia

Postby helia » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:18 am

Our winds were up to and above 50mph, Helia. Did some damage around but livable.

Wow, Dee! :shock: Glad it wasn't worse.

I think we have too many trees and hills here to have serious winds like some of you can. . .

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:25 am

Morning...

I have a load to wash this morning. The rest of my House is in good order. I have library books to return today which means I get to spend time there. Always a treat for me. I have an eye appointment tomorrow and a drs appointment for my tests results on Friday and like Dee Sweetie will come with me.

On of our big art festivals is this weekend and we are planning to attend after my drs appointment. I always look forwards to it. This year should be fun because there are many interesting kids things and I hope to find something for my soon to be grand baby.

LadyM...I seldom cook for Thanksgiving anymore since there are only two of us. This year we’re going with Norma and Mr Guy and another couple to our favorite restaurant. In the past when my son is here with my dil I usually ask if they want to eat out or cook at home. I always cook a turkey and either a pumpkin or sweet potato pie even if we eat out cause I do love turkey. Last year I found a Jennie-O oven ready turkey Brest that can be cooked either in the over or slow cooker. I tried it in my slow cooker and it was the best turkey breast I’ve ever eaten. I’ve already bought two, on for T-day and one for Cmas. Last year I couldn’t find one for Cmas so won’t make that mistake again.

Off to start my laundry and get ready for Perry and of course my second cup of coffee. Waving to y’all!
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Return to “Post When You Can”