Wednesday in your house

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Wednesday in your house

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:00 am

waving back.

having lunch with d friend who wants me to get to know her dog who hates me - violently hates me. I love her but she babies him when he is like this where her dh stops the behaviour in it's track. if he was home i wouldn't worry. I am anxious about it. I love dogs and understand them. I see what is going on but this is someone elses dog. praying that he doesn't give me one good bite. my dear dear friend is so upset the dog doesn't like me but doesn't know how to stop or help him with his behaviour. I do adore this wonderful friend.

okay my timer is ready for work outdoors. dh didn't want to do the work yesterday as it was moist outside - but today is windy and cold! brrrr - this work needs doing - dh is never thrilled when I do work as he always feels he is supposed to chip in...he did go through the recycling without me asking which was lovely!

see you all
have the best day ever!

doing car and purse day today as the party prep and party will be here this weekend. car's - empty but need mats shaken out. I have the car washed and vacuumed once a month so I have a bit of time still. it took 20 minutes to make them spiffy - not too bad. dd younger is a recycling queen in her car... she brought in a whole bag of clean bottles, plastic :o 8-) but at least her car is clean. next put away. she asked if I could wash her sailing gear she brought in. If i have time I will. off to get gas for our cars.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:39 pm

I figured out dh's stress today. He didn't mention to me that he had his yearly oncology appointment today for a recheck. I always ask at the beginning of the month re: what appointment he has so I can put it on my calendar. This one is always so scary along with the once a year check of the inside of his throat. I am saying lots of prayers his appointment goes well so he can relax again.

gas in cars!

I have to be done with the outside for now as my time for this is over (for now). I have to leave at 11:45 am and I want to be a bit more spiffy than being in yard shoes and cloths.

my hello fresh came in. I don't do it every week but I did it this week for ease. I have to do meal planning today.
first things first.
dishes empty and refill anything from this morning. TRUTH: I TOOK THE FEW DISHES THAT WERE IN THE SINK BEFORE CLEANING LADIES CAME AND PUT IT IN A WMS. SON OMA BAG AND PUT IT IN MY LAUNDRY ROOM. YES, YES I DID :oops: :shock: ;) AND NOW I HAVE TO PUT THOSE DISHES AND BREAKFAST DISHES IN THE DW.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:25 pm

dishes emptied and put away
new dishes on in dw.
time for spiffing up

dd younger talked to me about cesarians and said "it was messed up" lol.. "no man would let that happen to them" :lol:

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:35 pm

Blessed, ask your DD if a man would go through having a mamogram, too! I had that done this morning and await their result. They used to bring us right into an office and go over it, but they have said it's more complicated now and takes longer. I hope your doggie visit goes ok.

Today was hectic. Last evening I worked on my paperwork piles and got several things done and a stack of things with questions for DH this morning. Before he left we went through it all and he made a few phone calls to get some info. I worked up some figures for him before he left too. Had him sign papers too. When he comes back we will go to the notary.

After my test, I did some shopping on the way home. I'm waiting for him to come back so we can do a couple things together.

I got a tote bag and a long stemmed rose from the women's center. I guess that is supposed to make the squish test more tolerable. :roll:

Checked election results online this morning too. I tried to watch on TV last night but the closed caption covered up the results that were scrolling across the screen at the bottom. When the closed caption went off it was scrolling so fast I couldn't follow it. All 4 local stations were like that. 3 cheers for online information! Except now I know our property taxes will be going up for the next 4 years. :roll:

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:55 pm

Checking in... I took a break from any screens except crome book have not done anything on it but type and look up page set up info, had to get a break from election gibberish. :roll:

3 loads of Laundry today last one is going now. Looking up planner page templates was fun but I went down the rabbit hole have to recharge pc now. LOL! I am not putting fb on pc till Dec. After my typing project is over. H has been out of sorts doing quarterly stuff.

Nice weather here sunny at least today but colder than it has been. 30* - 50* today's forecast temp. Range.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:21 pm

The wind picked up by the time I got outside, so I decided that I wouldn't have a fire today. I can do it tomorrow, or Friday or...

Chicken is in the oven. Butter, oil, salt and pepper on a blanched 6 pound chicken. (Jacques Pepin has that in one of his cookbooks about blacking it for 5 minutes before cooking to tighten up the skin and get rid of some of the fat. I am also doing a 10 minute high heat start to help get the skin crispy.)

Now I need to do the potatoes.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:33 pm

Hi everyone! I have completed one part of a query and now need to test it. This is version 8! I usually only have to do max 3 versions before I get it right. My car started up nicely today and yesterday. It's "problem" was that the doors had to be left open during some of the body work and the battery drained. All charged up and good to go now.

The animal org meeting has been rescheduled to tomorrow (2 weeks early), so tonight I need to see if there are any minutes/notes to do. I don't think so, but could be wrong. Very short grocery run must be done (4 items). Considering eating out, but will probably eat out tomorrow. My Bible study book came in, so I no longer have an excuse to skip my "homework". There is a LOL in need of put away.

I am trying to decide whether to eat out for Thanksgiving. I am by myself this year, DD will not even be in the state. Cracker Barrel and Golden Corral are both open. I like to read while eating alone, but hate looking pathetic on a holiday. Doesn't bother me other days, because I figure people assume I have been out running errands and got hungry.

blessedw2: One of our dogs was afraid of people who reminded her of her prior owners. She invariably growled at one of my best friends! Until she stopped wearing tea rose perfume, then she was ok. Of course, we did not expect this friend to "get to know her", but rather tried to make sure the dog was in the yard before she came.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:29 pm

I had a pleasant morning teaching the study, and then was invited out to eat for lunch with 4 others who were there and had the chance. It was nice.

One thing I've learned is a postponement... ..
Postponed event for children at church means that will not be happening this weekend while dd's family is here and while WonderBoy wishes I could go with him to his soccer tournament. I think this will take my stress level way down this weekend.

Of course, it was simply scheduled later, and this time for Sat Dec 8, which may be a calendar date that causes me plenty of stress, too, at such a busy time of year. We'll see. Part of this is trying to be helpful to parents who might be able to shop for their children if they had lots of good adult supervision for them. So, meeting a need.

I only got about 5 hours of sleep last evening, so I don't know if I can keep from a nap... ..
But I need to do some housework.
Tomorrow will be with HRH at that outpatient thing, which may not amount to much, but is at a distant place.
And that's my last day before houseguests' arrival.

One of the folks with whom I lunched said that she has a maid she likes, who might be looking for more work... .. I wonder if I could stand it.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:07 pm

hello! home from d friends house. my d friend is so sweet! it was lovely to see her. yes this dog was a rescue. thank you d elizabeth. I am really understand that this dog is afraid. so interesting re: the rose perfume!
so happy you had a lovely time teaching!
also happy you won't have to worry about the event and that you can have time with wonder boy. thrilled that it really reduces your stress. hope tonight you get a good night sleep d harriet!

hello d elizabeth! what is bible study that you will be doing?
have a great day

hello d cathy, yum on the chicken and potatoes

hi d nancy! I am glad you are taking time away from politics! good for you! have a good afternoon

hi d harmony lol! best wishes for you mammogram! hope the day becomes less hectic. also lol re: the flower for being squished/squashed.

hi d rose yay on your house being in good order. wishing you a great afternoon

hello d helia!!! have a great afternoon too!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:12 pm

Had an almost successful shopping day. No shoes, but two of my favorite authors new books were out and I was able to snatch them from the library.

Have almost all of my Cmas shopping done and hope to finish on Sunday when one of my stores is having their sale. Happy abt all of it so far as each gift is special to each person. Plan to have everything wrapped and ready to mail by t-day time. Did much on line because I knew what I was looking for.

Next up are Cmas cards. I don’t send many usually just to family members and a few personal friends. Then I can sit back and relax cause I hate the stress of Cmas.

Dinner is planned, just need to cook my chicken breasts, the rest is easy peasy... steamed vegetables and rice. Gonna go stick my nose in my books. Think the light next to my bed will be on long into the night. Being retired has its benefits :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Return to “Post When You Can”