Ta - Da Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Elizabeth

Re: Ta - Da Thursday

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:12 pm

Good morning all! I did not have a spectacularly productive evening, but did get some stuff done: library return, grocery run, and FINALLY put that LOL away! I did not start my Bible study (which, in answer to blessedw2, is the book Jeremiah - Daring to Hope in an Unstable World). There were no minutes/notes to do for the meeting tonight. By the time I got back to Home City, I had lost the desire to eat out. This is good because my checkbook has lost its desire to fund it. Payday is tomorrow!

My dad called and my brother and his family are not coming to visit for Christmas. None of us knew this, but his wife is allergic. Even if I only had three resident cats, it would be miserable for her.

Harriet: Hire the maid!

TwinsMom: If you are wearing leggings as pants, that is not business casual. We are a BC shop and I would get sent straight home! Leggings as pants are considered exercise clothing.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:48 pm

d elizabeth that sounds so interesting!!! Please tell me how you like it when you do your study.
we stopped having family gatherings at our house bc of the cats. Really bad allergies. i understood bc of dd youngers allergies. I miss having everyone over - I love entertaining!

hi d Cathy! cheering you as you clean the view!

hi d nancy!

hi d twins! I am glad yesterday was a good day! the new blinds look lovely!!! lol no one likes being told "what" to wear. :D enjoy your evening out.

did I miss d harriet. I will look!

ordered the plane tickets for dd younger. she has to pay me back on half a ticket as she waited too long to order it.
I finished all the outdoor work
ordered groceries - which I didn't think I needed - I had ordered dd older groceries the other day and realized it wasn't for me. it's okay bc I owed her money and I don't owe it any more.

Still having trouble with the wal mart order I had place for pick up - I cancelled it and then they shipped it. They wrote me today to say part of my order is at Wl mart and then a duplicate order is being shipped to me. I will never do the Walley one again.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:52 pm

dh got a good report from the oncology dr.
he wants dh to get his port out but if we want to do it, we have to cover it ourselves. surgeon, meds and hospital. I told dh to talk to his dr. dh insisted on keeping the HMO for us. dd s have a PPO. I dislike it HMO - I have had it since the last 3 years and it is horrible but dh insists on it as his drs where not on the PPO'S. I had great insurance until this HMO.
I will look next year to change it for me.

I am suddenly really tired. I have been sitting doing paperwork as well as paperwork and getting rid of emails. time to drink water with d dee!
Last edited by blessedw2 on Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:02 pm

Had to go back and read why Harriet should "hire the maid". :) We were just discussing with the assistant camp manager -she stopped by with my dh. She came by to do a couple of things at her RV. I was mentioning how I wanted to dust, sweep, vacuum and mop before we left. Her reply: "Why bother?" Not that I could anyway. And she's right -it's so dusty here that by spring one would little know I'd done any of it. Dh has hired a guy from here who does cleaning to come in and hit all those spots and to do all our woodwork (of which there is a LOT). He's really erasing his footprints of several weeks of 'batching' it by himself. :lol:

I'm getting tired of keeping the blinds pulled (really day/night shades) to help keep the heat in. Oh well, only 2 1/2 more days. Saw my cardiologist this morning. Primary had me re-do blood work yesterday to mainly check kidney level. Cardiologist had that result when I was there this morning. A little concerned since my number was up higher than it's been. Asked if I'd been drinking enough water (though of Harriet and HRH here) and truth is I haven't been and hardly any before I went yesterday -in the interest of making sure my weight was down some. (Stupid, right?) So was given the orders to be sure I got at least the 64oz a day and have to go for blood work again on Monday. Called the gal we're staying with to see if it would be too much of an imposition for her to take me for lab work Monday morning. That's the way we left it. I will heartedly try to make sure I get the required amount of glasses of water, Harriet. Know you know of what I speak. Dr did another EKG and it looked good so everything is looking ok for me to fly out Wednesday. Though they would have preferred me to stay here for cardiac rehab. Hoping I can get enough exercise in when we reach FL to compensate. If not I'll have to see about cardiac rehab there. They just opened a center this spring and I'm sure I can go there if need be -if my insurance will okay it. :roll: I have a 'stepper' there, we're taking wall pulleys and a pedal exerciser ( a heavy duty one) and can at least get out and walk as often as I want. I also know the routine of warm up/cool down exercises I have done at cardiac rehab/maintenance here and will dutifully do those. So wish me luck with all of this. DD does have a degree in sports medicine so sure she will oversee not only my exercises but dh's as well. Determined to get as strong and have stamina as high as I possibly can.

Going to do a 'walk thru' to try to list everything I can do for closing up.

Well, my primary dr. just called to tell me my creatinine level was up which I already knew. However she's already ordered lab work for me tomorrow so will do that and see if it's come back down. If so, maybe I won't have to go Monday. So, Harriet, I'm off to drink that first glass of water. Wish me well.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:08 pm

wishing you the best d dee on drinking water and the test tomorrow !!!
have a good day d dee!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:09 pm

Where's the 'pout' button? :| Oh, I guess there's not one. When dh and I pulled in a couple of hours ago there was a deer lying just off the driveway. Wondered why he didn't get up. Dh told his cohort who was here working so he went up. It had been hit by a car evidently up on the road. Had a badly broken leg. Sheriff came and you know the rest. Felt sad but hope whoever hit it didn't have a lot of damage either.

Thanks, blessed.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:11 pm

poor deer!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:25 pm

just found out the company I order groceries from is no longer giving them fees for working . they only get tips and many times they don't get a tip bc company doesn't put it on there. I know I have had trouble where they charged me wrong and didn't refund me.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:53 pm

Good point, Elizabeth. I couldn't wear leggings when I was working, and don't know what the policy is now. But they can look very polished with a nice top and jewelry. Dh and I agreed about tonight - wide legged pants which I don't particularly love, and top.

I am in a challenge on Facebook to use my Best self planner daily and post a photo of the finished pages. So far, so good.

A ta da from yesterday: I made a hair appointment. I'm debating letting it go gray so I've been putting it off. Haven't colored since first of August and I don't think it looks bad, except in a certain type of light. Can I go around with my own light over my head?

I had a good visit with dcousin and dmom, and gassed up my car while I was out. There's two ta das!

I have the rest of the afternoon here until I need to put on makeup and get dressed to go out later.

-scan another DAR document and upload to Dropbox
-email DAR lady
-call re: mammogram appointment
-finish watering inside plants
-set timer, 15 min work in garage
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:57 pm

I think leggings with a nice top and jewelry look lovely! sounds wonderful d twins
oh that sounds wonderful d twins - the best life and doing it daily
yay on seeing your d mom
and on gassing up the car.

Return to “Post When You Can”