Effective Efficient Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Effective Efficient Friday

Postby Harriet » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:20 am

Let's put on our effective, efficient hats (I'm sure I can find mine somewhere) and get busy!

blessedw2

Re: Effective Efficient Friday

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:11 am

i might have to look for my effective efficient hat 8-) :D thank you for beginning us today!!!
have a great day d Harriet!

Hello to everyone.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:15 am

before coffee: :D
fed the dogs/cats
put a load of laundry on (trying to get back to my old habit)
looked for any stray dishes in family room
made my part of the bed.

I woke with a headache.

check purse and car today - have dd younger do the same (her car is clean but most of it is in the garage which dh is not happy and I understand 8-) ;) :lol: ) - so she has to finish the process- I need a space for her sailing stuff and her out door equipment.

taking the money off dh has made him so relaxed! I haven't changed his bill writing but just where it came from. yesterday after dinner, he cleaned the recycling that was in the sink, he washed his laundry and put it away, he is still cleaning his sink in the bathroom, He is truly happy again. so nice to see.

dd older is coming home for the weekend which is nice.

1. I have 5 or 6 loads of laundry to do still (I haven't done any this week so I am on the road to clean and put away laundry - trying my timer to see how much work i actually have to put into the laundry (not the machine work) - the actual touching it - moving it and putting it away

So grateful I finished my outside work yesterday - it snowed last night. I don't have my Christmas lights out yet but that will get done as the first snow usually melts.

2. also working on a room as it needs put away

3. wrap presents

Still stressed and trying to figure it out. But I am happy so go figure.
-dishwasher filled and turned on (I didn't do dishes last night but it the dishes are washing themselves now) - sink still has utensils in them and needs to be washed. I think I heard the utensils say to the other dishes that are in the dw - "take me with you!" 8-)
-emptied emails :D
Last edited by blessedw2 on Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:47 am, edited 3 times in total.

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:32 am

Good morning, villagers ~
Thanks for opening the thread today, Harriet.

I posted a video link about efficient preparations for Thanksgiving in our Holiday Planning thread.

I am having lunch up north today with DMom and 2 of my DSisters. My older DSis will be leaving next week for Texas and will be away for a few months, so this is our chance for a visit since she won't be here for the holidays.

Tomorrow morning I have this month's sewing group meeting.

Weather today will be cold with snow flurries.

Wardrobe: I put warm trousers in the washer last night after work. I was too tired to stay up and wait for them last night so they are in the dryer now. I have a pretty Tshirt and cardigan I can wear to lunch today. Sometime today I need to go into the storage closet and pull out the suitcase that holds my winter sweaters, to be sure my favorite is wearable for tomorrow.

While I'm in the storage closet, I'll also grab the suitcase that holds our flannel sheets. It's definitely time for those.

I think the place where we are having lunch today is very near a Wm. It will be very convenient to stop in for a few groceries there.

I'm trying to finish sewing a knit top to show at sewing group tomorrow morning. I have it cut out. I've used the pattern a few times and it is relatively simple. I should be able to sew it in the time available, but that assumes that the fabric and the machine will cooperate with each other.

But first -- Hey hey, it's coffee time. :)

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:40 am

waving at you d book!!! enjoy your coffee

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:41 am

"Lost Thursday" report
Yesterday, with HRH insisting we leave 2 hours before his scheduled appointment to deal with traffic, we still had to wait and nothing really happened until another hour beyond the scheduled time. Then afterward, as we had already been told, we had to complete the waiting time beyond that (they monitor to make sure you are not in the one percent of people who have any problem). Then we started the journey home and that was pretty much my day. No reason to dwell on the lost day - just begin again.

I still like the people at that place, but lost some confidence because all the paperwork from the pre-interview appt (on which we spent a whole morning last week) had been misplaced and we found ourselves answering that dr's questions rather than him reading them for himself. I truly believe he was embarrassed - ultimately they were found in another dept.

The first of what should probably be at least 3 laundry loads is spinning. General cleaning throughout the house must happen. Dd38's family arrives at 6. Dd20 will have precious few hours to give me to help and she's had absolutely none up to now.

I absolutely MUST get a couple more Desk Day items out of the way before I forget, since I sure won't be able to remember while dd38's family is here. thought I was finished, but of course not.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:27 pm

dishes are still washing themselves :D
went through paperwork, marked things on calendar, added when the city will pick up Christmas tree for chipping, went through the botanic garden magazine to see what is happening there, decluttered papers (it builds so fast for me), card file/journal clean, figured out tomorrow and checked cards for this week. :D got rid of magazines as well.

I don't know why I stress out and get overwhelmed. I work hard but it is amazing how time is just disappearing.

November 10 pick up vases and flowers and drop them off
pick up (with dd older) the rug dd ordered and maybe if snow or time allows drop it off at her apartment
ww
pre cook some things for party
pull cloths and shoes for Sunday
dd younger must be packed
speak to dd's about new years tickets
dye hair

November 11
party be there 3 hours early

November 12 take dd younger and d mom to airport

Next week:
Make sure everyone has an idea of what they would like for the Christmas exchange.
Christmas cards
Christmas lights
bring boxes to 3 season room for Christmas
project
get cash for the day after thanksgiving :lol: that always makes me laugh.
follow and mark down ww
heavy cleaning day
make sure I have everything for Thanksgiving
Clean up dh's garage of the things I put in there. it is driving him crazy. organize the pots, after the pump machine is completely dry put in box
scream - no no just kidding 8-)
Last edited by blessedw2 on Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:33 pm

hello d harriet
that was a lot of waiting for your HRH appointment. Like you said - you just had to let it go and go with the flow. It does take a big chunk out of your day!
Frustrating that the dr. wasn't able to read the information ahead. I am sure he as well as your dh were frustrated by this.
Wishing you a wonderful time with your dd 38's family!
Hoping there will be time for you and your desk duty. Wishing a calm and easy day.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:41 pm

Good morning everyone! The animal org meeting lasted long, then I ate dinner with another board member. I got home at 10 pm and only got daily stuff done. Our dog clinic coordinator is leaving the position. She will still volunteer and foster, but not to that extent. We don't have anyone available and the dog program may have to be scaled back. Someone floated the idea of asking the Chief Troublemaker to return, but he nearly destroyed the organization, driving off fosters and putting dogs into questionable situations. The cat program, which is now up and running again, nearly ended. I would not want to be on the board with him again (or within 10 miles!), but I would not want to leave him in charge of all the $$$ and the org's reputation.

Today is payday, thank goodness! I have already called about an IRA rollover. Tonight will have to be the usual bills and budget that comes on payday. The money is pretty much gone already with the bills that are coming due. This month will be the last payment on my surgery. I should also call about the 6 cats and see if arrangement for spay/neuter have been made. Better get on that Bible study too.

Monday is a holiday for me but not DD16. I will celebrate by seeing the doctor for my cough that has not gone away for a month, then taking myself to lunch after. I should see if anyone is available for lunch with me.

Back to reports!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:02 pm

Illness has derailed my dd38's plans (j and c). So I need to become flexible, with a different timetable of planning, looking toward a weekend that becomes even more important now : the one right after Thanksgiving U.S.

BookSaver, the link-to-the-link over in Creative Home (link to pages, under the video) is printed out for me now. I'll take another long look at Indiana's T-day prep ideas in Focus as well and print that again, too.

I've gotten a clipboard out and put a day-planning printable on top, and pages for the next couple weeks underneath.

My planning needs to be so diverse - getting so many areas of life's needs met before T-day - that just the food part is not a big percentage.

Return to “Post When You Can”