Effective Efficient Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Effective Efficient Friday

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:10 pm

I am so sorry to hear your dear ones can't come in this weekend. Fast healing to them d harriet!
I have always loved our dear Indiana's focus. it was and is always so helpful!

hi d elizabeth
it was a long meeting wasn't it! praying you find someone for the dog coordinator position.
it sounds like he is the wrong mix for the program.
Yay for pay day for you!
praying for your cough to go away!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:13 pm

going out to lunch soon with d mom.
headache is still there (not severe) I am sure it is bc of the weather.

more laundry flip flopped, it took 10 minutes to move new laundry in the washer, flip flop and fold the towels - maybe one minute to put the towels in the closet. dogs blankets are in the dryer. :D
counters cleaned :D
dishes emptied :D
sink shiny :D
stove clean :D
dh took out recycling :D
tossed down laundry from upstairs :D

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:26 pm

My day started with cooking for a funeral meal. I had the dish cooked, packaged in a disposable container and ready for DH to take by 8:30. It was one of the dozen (plus) side dishes that DH will take to a church family meal being held about 30 miles away. The church provides the meat and hot rolls. There is another church helping with this funeral meal and they are providing the dessert. I'm thankful for the person who coordinates all the funeral meals that our church does. She is very good at covering all the details.

DGD7 arrived early this morning. She will be with us most of the day. DSIL will pick her up around 6pm.

Homeschool had a shaky start but we did some corrections in behavior and then DS10 settled down and did marvelously.

DGD21 is coming for lunch and has requested going to GW and the thrift store.

I cooked in the air fryer for lunch - Breaded Chicken Patties, French Fries, Chocolate Mint & Oatmeal Raisin cookies (all items were from the freezer). I didn't eat any of the cookies and added Green beans, peas, turnip greens, and summer squash to my lunch portions.

DH just arrived home with a bag of my favorite potato chips and handed them to me. He knows I'm a chip-o-holic! eeeks! Decision time.... Do I open and eat them?..... OR ...... Open the bag and dump the chips onto the ground and walk all over them (so I can't eat them later).
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:46 pm

Wish I'd thought of that (walking all over them), LadyM. Dh had chips out and I started craving them and gave in to a few. I actually hadn't had much of an appetite anyway. Went for more bloodwork this morning. Dr. was concerned that my creatinine level was going up. Then cardiologist yesterday was also concerned. Care manager from my Dr's office called about an hour ago to tell me the # is headed in a downward direction -not much but enough. Probably one of the big problems was that I hadn't had enough to drink before going to the Dr Wednesday and bloodwork right after. Cardiologist had ordered same test for Monday but Care Mgr. called them and they decided I didn't need to go in then. I am so mightily relieved. In addition I was not feeling well all morning -very tired and somewhat nauseous which scared me. I feel better now and hope to get some work done toward packing. Oh my gosh! I only have one more day. Meantime I'm trying to drink more, honest, Harriet! I've been pretty bad about it.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:01 pm

Dd and I have had a long chat about priorities for the next few weeks. She has so little time to give to the household that we've decided we are going to have to plan well in advance for even a few hours of work time together. It will be so much better for everyone next semester, when she lets her course load go back to normal. Things at her work (at bosses' level) are still not smooth sailing, either, and the results always seem to place more hours onto dd's schedule. She and the co-workers at her level are fine, and all the trainees are happy with her training, but there are fireworks above and everyone senses it.

Dee, what were the numbers, or maybe, what was the percentage change? It's good to know that drinking more water made a difference. Of course these are just numbers, but they're kinda all we've got to go on, aren't they? HRH is often frustrated by all the attention to numbers, yet not being able to see evidence. It's not as if someone has an injury that can be seen, like knowing when a cast comes off, or whatever.

On that checklist, I did really like "power clean your refrigerator", but notice it should be today. Um... .. well, postponed here, but a good idea!

I noticed on the single day 4 days before Tday, the instruction, "complete major house cleaning". :| I'm sure it can't mean DO a complete major housecleaning ON that day. So I'm assuming it means find a stopping place then, in that we should be working like a houseafire from now until then, because there's no other way that could work for me! The word "complete" still gets me giggling a little. "Complete housecleaning". I think that's like unicorns and fairies - they may be out there but they aren't letting me see them.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:27 pm

How smart that you and dd spoke about priorities for the next few weeks. so so smart.
so hard when the bosses don't see the effect they have on others.

complete major house cleaning". i wouldn't say :| I would say :lol: 8-)it makes me giggle too. that can't work for anyone - it really can't.

hello d dee. Thrilled that your numbers are going down. praying hard that you feel better so you can fly south.

hello lady glad school went well after a few corrections! have fun with dgd21

hello d everyone.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:29 pm

home from lunch out with d mom.
thank goodness I took ty lon el for my headache.
the day is disappearing so fast and I am not happy about it.

another load of laundry is in the wash - flip flopped
laundry from dryer put away
I need to make dinner. I don't want to but It is the right thing to do. I haven't worked upstairs yet.
time to also flip flop laundry and fold and put away
I have to not overwhelm myself by putting too much pressure on myself.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:11 pm

I cleaned out my purse last nite. Need to do a store run. Started a groc. list. S2s next up. Breakfast done. Did some writing. 29 - 49 * today's temp range. Waving to everyone. House needs attn. Sigh but that will wait! This Sat for a while. Did a few things mostly porcilian cleaning. Store run done. H. Has meet8ngs on the weekends this mo. Re farm stuff and end of yr. Bookkeeping so not a fun mo. For him.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:18 pm

Harriet, when I had complete kidney failure in January '17, that # was over 6. When I went into the hospital here end of October it was 1.1 so was very good. It had been around 1.3, but Wednesday it was up to 1.5, but that was enough to get them concerned. Today's # was down to 1.47, but added to that I wasn't feeling well. (Better now). The care manager was satisfied that the #'s are downtrending -especially if I keep making sure I'm drinking enough. Maybe it'll even get better, Harriet.

I've done practically nothing today. Rested and slept. Dh has gone to an RIT hockey game with DS-A (DS's helping coach -oh it's their club travel team). I really am hoping to get something done while he's gone. Bless his heart he did up all the laundry today. There's still some here that I need to get taken care of -decide if it's staying/going.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:46 pm

Hi everyone!

Tonight we had pizza and wings from a local take out.

Dh rarely says anything about the house but he mentioned today that the kitchen looked cluttered. I worked on the island for a bit and now it looks a lot better.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Return to “Post When You Can”