Effective Efficient Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: Effective Efficient Friday

Postby Harriet » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:52 pm

Can we talk? (maintenance, hosting, readiness)
The "2018 Maintenance Round" thread in the Focus Cleaning forum is ready for chatting. Maybe this can give us a jumping-off place for wise chat about holiday celebrations in our homes. Also the concept of getting ready/planning for our personal 2019 cleaning schedules.

BookSaver, were you able to get the new knit top finished? Was the sewing machine humming? :) Have a great time in the morning.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:12 pm

I did a few minutes of picking up and putting away stuff and it helped. There is more to do but h works in the morning so I can do some more then.
I have been doing some each day learning on my new pc it is helping I am learning each day. It is hard not to be disappointed with holiday gatherings this time of year. Seems the Cold and flu season causes havoc, last year for Christmas it hit dad's family. This yr dil is not up to hosting and is on a salt restriction.

H is pleased with my choice for dinner.

I raked leaves this afternoon for some exercise.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:16 pm

We need a new projector so I tried to research that today but my brain won't work to learn the features and what we need. Dh says to just order one from Costco and take it back if it isn't what we need. At this point I can't find the flaw in his argument.

The projector is for a project for the end of the month.

I spent the day on the floor or walking around. Certainly I did not spend the day pain-free.

Dd called to say she doesn't need a babysitter, the car they were hoping to assume the lease for, was 'sold' out from under them. Which makes sense, they made contact on Monday, an appointment on Tuesday but it wasn't until the weekend because they couldn't go any other day. Because they have too many appointments and don't have a way of getting there (because they don't have a car, therefore need me to drive them over with the car seats and stroller to make sure everything will fit in the car.

Now she is approaching being pain free again, she's started saying they don't need a car.

I'm literally in tears at this set back. I honestly thought they were going to have a car within a week (something dd claims is crazy fast and they shouldn't rush it.)

Anyway, that was my day. A failed attempt to buy something and a disappointment.

I did cook dinner, though.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:31 pm

Hello. Maintenance schedule now, huh? I have stupidly gotten myself involved in a huge project around here that is taking all my time. I'd been grumbling to DH about how seedy the place looks...and he'd been replying that he is comfortable with the old and worn..everything... until I just got to feeling this was the livin' end and I had to do something.

Today the cracked-all-over recliner got taken apart and dragged to the road. I am seriously deficient in seating space with company coming Thanksgiving. 1 or 2 lamps needed. 1 lampshade needs replaced.

So in the middle of this we decided to move the wall unit down and put the bookcase on the other side of it so the chair in the corner person could see the TV better. Anyway, bottom line is that big pieces of furniture that haven't been moved out for a long long time have been cleaned behind. Even the piano was moved because it was in the way of moving out the recliner and anyway, who moves a piano out to clean behind? Seriously, I wonder. Well, mine is back in place with everything swept and cleaned behind.

I went for my lab tests this morning. Crossing fingers they are ok. I don't need any more medical things to worry about. (I think I've already said this, haven't I?) on my way home I picked up DH's Rx and stopped at 2 thrifts but no lamp shades there (I've seen some nice ones in the past). Amusing to see our old end tables shined up nicely and sitting out with $20 signs on each one! I hope somebody wants them.

So much needing done around here in such a short time. I don't know how I'll keep up. Plus the calendar is full of things nearly every day for a couple weeks. I did get our customer to sign his portion of the form and sent that big project off to the draw administrator. 16 pages. Maybe for now we are done with that. They could only want 1 more thing (possibly) and I've figured out how to produce that if they ask.

Harriet, too bad your DGS is ill; I hope the whole family does not come down with it.

I am beyond bushed. Tomorrow is a get together with DH's niece who's son is turning 16. I picked up a card today and will just put some $ in it because kids that age always seem to want their own spending money. Have another birthday coming up in my DD's family and no ideas for that. AK! I think there needs to be TWO of me.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:09 pm

Nancy, you and I are at a similar place with concern and hopes about family getting together, and yet focusing on getting some planning done with pc. I saw in the holiday thread that you designed some of your own CEO-like forms for your plans. I am doing that type of thing myself. New ways of "seeing" things help me.

((Kathryn)) for everyone's sake, I wish the car thing had gone the way you wanted/advised. It would be so much help to the growing family. They will have an even greater need for independent, immediate travel with 2 little ones. She's right that a vehicle is a bigger decision than most, so being thoughtful about it is smart. But it is still only a tool, and doesn't have to be the perfect one to be useful.

Dee, it was probably the percentage rise that worried them. We've learned that kidney drs pay a lot of attention to percentages. The fact that it's trending back down now lets everyone r-e-l-a-x :) . So glad the "6" thing was a once-and-done and never to be seen again! Thinking of you as you start your (rather brief) trek!

Harmony, maybe this means you'll get to the holiday with projects complete. Hopeful you are deemed "ordinary" when the lab tests come back.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:45 am

I have not felt effective or efficient today, but did manage to wash 3 loads of clothes tonight and cooked supper, s/s the kitchen.
Got dmom’s meds ready for the week; she cams and got them.
Still no word from insurance approval of dh’s rooster comb shot — I will call them Mon if they don’t call first.

(((Kathryn)))
Tomorrow is another day.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:25 am

Hello, Lilac! :D I'm headed for bed and at computer to shut down, but it makes me smile to see your light on.

lucylee, I hope you feel better.

Return to “Post When You Can”