putting on our big girl attitude to start the week sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

putting on our big girl attitude to start the week sunday

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:17 am

I know most of us have heard the saying.

put on your big girl pants and get it done.

(not my favourite saying) but I found myself complaining to myself that I had so much to do. My attitude was shutting me down before I even started. I was making, what I had to do, harder than it needed to be. My thinking is messing me up. (actually sends my brain on scatter - ping pong balls in the brain) My actual work will take less time than I think.

I am sure others let their anxiety/stress effect their attitude.

What will help you this week to reduce your over - thinking, or over-goaling. How can you simplify the week ahead.
Put on your big girl attitude and know you can do what ever needs doing

It's time for me to bring out my timer
Check the attitude that will stall me through out getting ready for the party.
make a note of what really needs doing
start with the worst job first/the one that needs the most focus that is causing the most stress.

I am wishing you an awesome day
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: putting on our big girl attitude to start the week sunday

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:28 am

I've got it, Blessed! Doing things just one thing at a time. We'll be leaving our campground later this morning. Of course I've been awake since 4:30 mulling everything in my mind over and over and over -even though I have most everything written down. :? Dh is starting to take things to the car. We really can't go to our friends till afternoon so there's no hurry.

Not sure if I'll be able to get on here or not. I'm sending my laptop in the car with dh but I am taking my iPad. Should be able to use that a little, though it's easier with the laptop for sure.

Hope you all have a good Sunday. ((((Kathryn)))) and ((((Harriet)))) and anyone else who can use a hug! Signing off now.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:02 am

Just a quick post & run but I felt inspired to share this video I just watched about Ilene Hall, a WWII WAC. She tells a wonderful story with a very sweet ending. I want to be like Ilene!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpR-gf4AZjs

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:49 am

woo hoo d dee! you HAVE got it!
so excited for you and your future trip to warm weather!

hi book good morning! thanks for sharing!

have a great day everyone

appetizers are done and are in cooler. dh said he will clean the kitchen - it should not be too hard but it will be nice (hopefully he remembers) to come home to a kitchen without the morning dishes/appetizer dishes

off to shower2shoes

presents are already in the car. I just need plates for serving

have a great day.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:02 pm

Got a txt before bed Dr said did is fine probably a food allergy.
Got up early like Dee. 4:30 ish had a sore throat. Had some coffee and tea, did my plannig, and journaling is done, took meds and vits. Did some writing. Got a list of ideas for planner next month & yr.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:00 pm

Bookie - I enjoyed that video. Thank you for sharing it!

I have been reading various crime/mystery books and enjoyed the stories but didn't like how I felt while reading them. I decided last week that I wanted to switch to reading books that inspired me. I didn't know what to read so I decided to start with an author that I've read years ago and still remember how much I enjoyed the courageous women in the books. I picked up 2 books this week by Francine Rivers. The one I am currently reading (Her Mother's Hope) includes how the strong courageous women lived through multiple challenges including the WW's. I love how the books inspire me to think courageously. I like how DS10 is inspired to read more when he sees me reading. Win-Win

Yesterday I woke up feeling like I was coming down with something. So I canceled plans to host a group to watch the Bedlam Football game (Our 2 state universities playing each other). DGD7 was here all day and played with DS10. I focused on eating healthy and drinking more water than normal. By bedtime, I felt somewhat better and my energy level rising. This morning I woke up without a voice so I stayed home from church. DS10 had requested bringing home a friend from church to play with him this afternoon. I have canceled that plan and told DS10 he could go to his friend home but I am not up to hosting a play-day here. Hopefully, if I continue with making good choices (rest, food & water) my energy level will continue to rise and voice will return.

Kathryn - I am glad you found a good source for a weighted blanket. I was disappointed with the weighted blanket that I ordered. It wasn't as heavy as I had hoped and DS10 reaction when he saw the blanket told me that we need to keep looking. Although the blanket appeared to be mostly blue color in the picture, it was more lavender when we saw it IRL. DGS21 thought it was an awesome blanket so gave it to him. I know I could make a weighted blanket but I would have to not do something else in order to make it. I don't know what to give up doing. I'm about maxed out. I would like to find a local person to make one.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:44 pm

Hoping for a quiet day here today. I don't think I posted on Friday or yesterday. Yesterday we took a scenic train ride - took us about 45 miles through a scenic gorge and a mountain loop and to a small touristy town for lunch, and back again on the same tracks. It was a really cool trip, we were in an observation car with a mostly plexiglass roof and sides. The leaf color was past the peak, but it was a very nice scenic trip. We had to drive about an hour to get to the station where it left, so we left home at 7:30 yesterday a.m. and got home at 6 or so last night. Exhausted, the desire to sleep the sunshine on the trip was almost overwhelming but our seats were not very comfortable.

Busy week coming up here, and a week from tomorrow we'll be on our way to NYC with our kids. We'll have Monday to Wed afternoon in Manhattan, then Wed evening to Sat a.m. near cousins on Long Island. Lots to do this week to get ready, and it happens to be a busy week anyway.

I have an appt each day Mon - Thurs this week. Dr appt, mammogram, hair cut/color and therapist, and I need to make a pedicure appt or walk in. Not sure which I'll do.

It's taken me hours to post this. Dh stood around my computer for awhile and we looked online at the hotel in NYC and what else we might like to do there. We've already booked Ellis Island tour tickets.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:35 pm

Slept better last night. I was sore but no spasms through the night. I was slow moving and felt 'off' this morning, though.

Today (at 11 a.m.) was the 100th Anniversary of end of WWI. I have been planning to go to the Cenotaph service downtown for over a month.

Dh went off to a movie and I couldn't decide what to do. It was cold but sunny. I wasn't sure I was strong enough to go. I found myself crying in disappointment and frustration that I'm not well.

At 9:47 I decided I needed to try. I was in my bedroom at 9:48 taking off my pjs. By 10:09 I was out the door with my walking sticks and a backpack with my noise cancelling headphones plus a diet coke (my tummy was upset.)

By 9:27, I was downtown and by 9:37, I had made it through the crowds to a spot across from the Cenotaph. No view, but there was a large screen so I could see details there.

I enjoyed the service, although once the prayers were over, I moved back into a side street and rested against a ledge because my legs were tired of standing still.

At the end of the service I moved across the street to head into the National Arts Centre. Warmth and washrooms were my goal but there was a huge crowd working their way in and I realized it was for a concert at 12:30. I managed to get a seat (the 3 balconies, where I tried first, were full but there were some seats on the main level.) I managed to sit through the concert (I was in the middle of the row with no chance to leave and sat for over an hour, the longest I've sat in a week.)

The concert was wonderful.

After I went across the street to the Cenotaph and laid my poppy on the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, then caught a bus heading to the amazing doughnut shop, half way home. Unfortunately, there was a 5 minute wait outside to even get into the place so I started walking home (the bus is only every 20 minutes) and spotted a croissant shop I had heard about so had an egg and cheese sandwich on a croissant and a cup of tea to warm up. Shared my table with an immigrant who was surprised I offered to share - he says most times people don't offer to share with people who aren't like him.

Grabbed the bus again and was home. Missed a call from dh (he would have picked me up) but I got more walking in this way.

I'm sore now and overwhelmed. This time I kept my headphones on all the time at the service and concert and closed my eyes during the concert to limit stimulation. Still, I have a headache. I note I can take a pain pill now and will.

No idea what we'll have for supper. I'm thinking maybe pizza from the freezer.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:27 pm

Kathryn, I'm glad you got out for the Centopath service and concert but hoping you didn't over do it! Surely it was affirming to be out and about for such an important day.

I've had a relaxing afternoon. Need to walk ddog soon. I think kids are coming for supper, dh is to grill steak and I'll bake sweet potatoes and make a salad.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:36 pm

I have been looking into headphones with noise canceling option. I am doing better did get dressed. Did a bit of sketching drew in the holly wreath on my bujo that was fun. H is going to met with his. So Mon. Some farm more business.

Return to “Post When You Can”